[OOC] Secret War

Leif

Adventurer
Ok, no equipment. The equipment listed is what he had on him when he was captured, ok?

Dark side? I'm sure I have no idea what you mean, Sir! :D

Will your Dwarf wizard be shaving his beard off anytime soon? hehehe

Walking Dad

First Post
Ok, no equipment. The equipment listed is what he had on him when he was captured, ok?

Dark side? I'm sure I have no idea what you mean, Sir! :D

Will your Dwarf wizard be shaving his beard off anytime soon? hehehe

No, he isn't one of this crazy desert wizards ;) But he has read about some 'Bevin'...

BTW: Bevin is the last to act in the 'Master of the Desert Nomads' game.

Edit: Damn, these Dread Necromancers are everywhere... ;)

Leif

Adventurer
No, he isn't one of this crazy desert wizards ;) But he has read about some 'Bevin'...

BTW: Bevin is the last to act in the 'Master of the Desert Nomads' game.

Edit: Damn, these Dread Necromancers are everywhere... ;)

Unlike Bevin, Farim shaves the REST of his head!! hehehe

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=Graf] I think you're obsessing about the 15 a bit much. ;)
The difference between a +2 bonus and a +3 will only impact 1 in every d20 rolls you make. So for every 20 attacks you make, you'll hit on one less. I understand the frustration with having lower scores than others, but it shouldn't make a huge difference to Thromb's effectiveness.

Now, as to the suggestions you requested:
You're right about feats. You could help that a bit by switching Dex and Wis in your build, then adding to your Dex at level 4. That would give you a 12 Wis, but you'd be able to take a bunch of new feats once you got your Dex to 13 (including Raging Storm and Astral Fire). If you find some good alchemy items for cold or acid, and Chauzu considers them powers, Burning Blizzard could make sense with the current build.

For first level, I would probably take Jack of All Trades. We'll likely be making a lot of skill checks to try to escape prison. :D

Also, since all of your powers are ranged, Defensive Mobility might save you. I've found that it's much harder for casters to stay out of melee combat in 4E. The bad guys just move around too much.

Alternately, since Aggravating Force and Spike Wire are both weapon powers, Dwarven Weapon Training might be nice. I love the thought of a dwarven artificer infusing throwing hammers.

Those are just a few thoughts. I think the artificer will be really interesting to play, and seems to be a blend of Leader and Controller. With a cleric and a wizard in the party already, he'll be a great boost to both roles. [/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Questions for DM Chauzu

Are we Gold Dwarves or Shield Dwarves? I am taking the liberty of presuming that we are not Gray Dwarves...

What is our home region in The Realms? Never mind, you already told us: Cormyr, right? I selected Chondathan as Farim's "Human" language.

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
What is our home region in The Realms? Never mind, you already told us: Cormyr, right? I selected Chondathan as Farim's "Human" language.

While we're on that topic, do we get the bonus to insight and saves against fear that the FRCS book says? It's in the same LFR preview as the Swordmage.

Chauzu

First Post
The Digger said:
2) Chauzu; as to dice rolls I'll go with whatever you want. I am quite used to using Invisible Castle so I don't mind. In one of the other games I am playing the GM rolls for Initiative which does help to speed things up.

Ok then, I guess I'll stick to the dice rolls then to keep things quick and simple.

Are we Gold Dwarves or Shield Dwarves? I am taking the liberty of presuming that we are not Gray Dwarves...

That it up to you. I am assuming that you are shield dwarves unless noted otherwise in your background. You're obviously not gray dwarves though. ;)

Redclaw said:
While we're on that topic, do we get the bonus to insight and saves against fear that the FRCS book says? It's in the same LFR preview as the Swordmage.

The region rules are allowed, so those of you from the Cormyr/Thunderpeaks area may add Insight to you class skill list, you gain a +2 bonus to Insight checks, and you gain +2 bonus to saving throws vs fear effects. Sorry, I meant to mention this to you guys but I guess I got distracted. *shrugs* Thanks for bringing that up! Walking Dad: since it appears your character is from the Silver Marches/Sword Coast area, do you want to wait on your regional bonus until the information on that area is available? I'll be checking the game store this weekend to see if the FRCS is in stores yet, but if any of you have information on this area that would be cool too.

I've been copying your characters' stats on paper and noticed a few minor things:

The Digger - second language?
Redclaw - looks like your passive skill numbers should switch with each other.
Walking Dad - the sword coast language is Illuskan.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases