Facilitator Tasks (Forked from: If/how to impliment OOC points)

garyh

First Post
Forked from: If/how to impliment OOC points

Graf said:
I have to finish up the Transitive Isles.
You're working on the charter, tick boxes for settings (with gary) and lots of other stuff.
renau1g is doing the character sheet (I think)

I saw this and had the thought that we should actually make sure we know what we're all doing. I don't recall being tagged for the setting, for example. :)

So, fellow facilitators, let's all figure out exactly what we're each taking the lead on.

I was hoping to work on the charter myself, although I might need a few days to get it together.

covaithe

Explorer
I'm not particularly committed to the idea of doing it myself; it's just something that needs doing. If you want to work on it, knock yourself out. On the other hand, I have some time over the next few days, so if I get inspired, I might not wait for you.

garyh

First Post
I'm not particularly committed to the idea of doing it myself; it's just something that needs doing. If you want to work on it, knock yourself out. On the other hand, I have some time over the next few days, so if I get inspired, I might not wait for you.

I kinda dig working on charter-like things. I manage the constitution for my fantasy baseball league, for example. :) But if you get to it first, I'm happy to work off what you start, too.

renau1g

First Post
I'm currently working on the character sheet, I need to update the section relating to powers and add an area to include the math for the bonus to hit.

Graf

Explorer
I've been tragging postierior today. No significant updates, except maybe for the races chat with gary and wrestling with renau1g's character sheet.

(Why do I do work that's assigned to other people? my brain is strange... :erm:)

I confess to still liking GK's template and wanting to use that day-to-day, or something similar with a sort of crazy detailed math supplement (maybe even on a seperate page so you can flip back and forth?).

I hate the "code" tag because you wind up with this reeeeeeaallly tiny little screen.... but since we'll be posting characters on the wiki anyway...
Is there some sort of clean tagging thing we can use for the wiki? Like a code tag that doesn't create it's own box?

Thinking something like this but with the lines for the individual collumns in a row

[sblock=Attack of the crazy math sheet]
It's pretty easy to read when it lines up properly....

Starting Attributes
Cost Initial Racial Level Final
Str: 0 10 0 10
Dex: 1 11 0 11
Con: 2 12 +2 0 14
Int: 7 15
0 15
Wis: 2 12 +2 0 14
Cha: 0 10
0 10

Number of Trained Skills: Arcana + 4
Skills Trained Attrib Racial Feat
Total
Athletics -- +0 -- -- +0
Arcana +5 +2 -- -- +7
Dungeoneering +5 +2 +2 -- +7
Endurance -- +2 +2 -- +4
History +5 +2 -- -- +7
Insight -- +2 -- -- +2
Perception +5 +2 -- -- +7
Swim -- +0 -- -- +0
Thievery +5 +0 -- -- +5
Trained Skills: 5

Armor Proficiencies: Cloth, Leather
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple Melee, Simple Ranged

Saves Attrib Racial Class Feat Equip Total
Armor Class +2 -- -- -- +2 14
Fortitude +2 -- +1 -- -- 13
Reflex
+2 -- -- -- -- 12
Will +2 -- +1 -- -- 13

Powers:

Number of Powers Known 2/1/1/0
At will, Encounter, Daily, utility powers known

Powers

POWERS
Attrib Weapon/Impl Feat
Total-to-hit | Damage
At Will
Aggravating Force +2 -- -- +2 1W + 2 (int)
Thundering Armor +2 -- -- +2 1d+6 + 2(int)
Subtotal 2

Encounter
Shielding Cube +2 -- -- +21d8 + 2 (int)
Subtotal 1

Daily

Caustic Rampart +2 -- -- +2 1d+6 + 2(int)
Subtotal 1

Class Base Effect Attribute Feat Total
Restorative Formula Cure:HS +1d6 N/A -- HS+1d6
Curative Admixture
Cure: 2 (con) + 1 thp N/A -- 2 (con) + 1 thp

Equipment: Cost Weight
Leather Armour 25gp 15lb
Warhammer 15gp 05lb
Standard Adventurer's Kit 15gp 33lb
Hand Crossbow 25gp 05lb
Total 95gp

L1 -> CLASS Artificer HP: 12 (class) + 14 (con)
Feat: ??, Bonus: Ritual Caster
Powers Known:

Other: OTHER NOTE[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Sort of tangential to the subject of character sheets: We've previously floated the idea of keeping character sheets on the wiki and setting some kind of security so that only the creator can edit it, and only judges can mark an "approved" section, or a "needs work" section. Someone should mess around with the wiki and figure out if that's actually feasible, or if not, what kind of workflow that's actually feasible we can use. In other words, is it possible to use the wiki for character sheets, or should we just have a sticky thread at the top of the forum with all the character sheets?

Graf

Explorer
You can't "lock" the wiki.

But it has a complete list of every single edit and who did it linked to their EnWorld ID.

And you can link to prior historical versions.

So when a sheet is "approved" you can then make a permenent link to that version of the character on a character post.
The player can keep on editing it and playing around and so forth but their DM has a permanent link to an official version.

It's actually almost perfect for our needs.

The difference function that lets you check every single change between two versions is just gravy :).

covaithe

Explorer
Interesting. So character creation would go something like this:

1. Player makes wiki page from the template, fills it in.
2. Player emails judges with a link to version 2, which is the latest version
3. Judges check it out, make some comments on the page itself, perhaps in a section at the bottom. That's versions 3 and 4 (if two judges do it)
4. Player addresses the judge comments, sends version 5 back to the judges.
5. Judge 1 approves, and notes it on the page. Version 6.
6. Judge 2 approves, notes it on the page. Version 7.
7. Since there are now 2 approvals, Judge 2 makes a link from the sticky character list post at the top of the forum to version 7 of the page, the approved version.
8. Player goes on adventure and makes notes of powers used, events that occur, treasure and xp gained, and so forth. Let's say that takes it up to version 10. During this time, the DM uses the approved version for most mechanical decisions, but can refer to the current version as well.
9. Someone vandalizes the character sheet, taking it to version 11.
10. Player notices, and copies and pastes version 10 back into the edit window, so version 12 is identical to version 10.
11. DM awards enough experience to level up. Player notes it, updates character sheet to version 13, and emails judges.

That sounds doable to me. Could possibly even use separate sub-pages for current status and notes, so that the approved version is always the most recent, except for vandalism and leveling up.

Someone might should try actually making a mock character sheet this way and "submitting" it so we can see how it works in practice.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases