Siege of Bordrin's Watch - Scales of War Up

Scribble

First Post
Also this is awesome:

Cave Troll Powers said:
Claw (standard; at-will)
Reach 2; +10 vs. AC; 2d4 + 5 damage, and the target is grabbed (until escape). A cave troll can grab up to two targets at once.

M Improvised Weapon (standard; at-will)
Requires grabbed creature; reach 2; +10 vs. AC; 2d8 + 5 damage, and the grabbed creature takes half this damage and is dazed (save ends). When grabbing a creature wearing heavy armor, the cave troll deals +5 damage with this attack, but the grabbed creature is not dazed.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Haven't read through it yet so I can't comment on the actual adventure, but did flip through the pages. Two comments so far:

Landscape format - Good:D

Tiny maps (again) - BAD!:(

When are they going to figure this out. It's a PDF, not a print product. PAGE COUNT DOESN'T MATTER! Make all maps page size and provide keyed and unkeyed versions, period. Also need page size artwork for handouts and play-aids. Unless this is done, I will not pay for these. As of right now, when the free trial is up, my involvement with WoTC is up. If you want me to buy a subscription, you guys better start doing better than this.:erm:

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I just skimmed it. It is pretty nice.

I really, really, really wish they had a path long summary. I was going to say I was astounded we haven't seen one, but given WotC's track record, I'm not astounded.

I am also disappointed in the tiny maps. I don't expect them to make them really big so I can use them as battle maps (though that would be nice), but we need more/bigger maps.

Rechan

Adventurer
Scribble's excerpt makes me want to make babies with this adventure.

I really, really, really wish they had a path long summary. I was going to say I was astounded we haven't seen one, but given WotC's track record, I'm not astounded.
My guess: They have the barest hint of an outline in the office, and only two adventures written ahead of time.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
. . . I really, really, really wish they had a path long summary. I was going to say I was astounded we haven't seen one, but given WotC's track record, I'm not astounded. . .

Second this. Star Wars Dawn of Defiance has one. It's mapped out for every adventure with a small synopsis for every adventure. Rechan is probably right, which makes me wonder if they just kind of threw the idea of having an adventure path together to get people interested in Dungeon (or possibly because of Paizo - or both). Or they don't even have an outline and they're just writing them as they go.

Last edited:

evilref

Explorer
Scribble's excerpt makes me want to make babies with this adventure.

My guess: They have the barest hint of an outline in the office, and only two adventures written ahead of time.

From a post on the wotc forums by one of the writers there is an outline (developer's bible) for the whole AP.

As for the maps, this is my main complaint with Dungeon at the moment. I consider Dragon to be great but Dungeon really needs to have a page of maps and handouts for printing/online play.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases