Character Generation - Regional Benefits

Graf

Explorer
the regional benefits are usually slightly more focused/limited. In particular "perception in woodland" doesn't seem like it's really a limiter could be very useful in many games; for chracters who play in wilderness oriented games it may be a better all around benefit that the +2 nature (in the sense that it effects combat directly).

Would you consider +1 Perception and +4 to Nature within the domains of the feywild controlled of the Fey Court? That would make it much closer to the other regional benefit that grants a bonus to Perception (Bacarte).

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
Works for me Graf, though I'd be tempted to say in the Feywild as a whole, or perhaps in woodland terrain within the Fey Wild?

Graf

Explorer
It's supposed to be so limited that a DM is unlikely to run into it if they run a "normal" game. So if you run a procedural on Bacarte then it'd be a big deal, but someone could run a whole campaign with a character from Bacarte and only have the streetwise bonus come up once or twice.
I.e. it's sort of under DM control... that's the theory.

If the feywild is really small and people don't spend much time in it then "all the feywild" would be fine. If its this vast alternative world with kingdoms and whole worlds to be explored and there are games that take place entirely within the feywild...?
It's sort of like giving a permenent bonus to nature.

The bonus is supposed to sort of reflect that "you're really good in this one sort of situation" (having tea with a lich, talking to other monsters on Bacarte, when you're in this one really good library, when an evil monster is reading your mind, climbing around on the rigging of a ship) etc.

(The Imperium bonus flubs this test btw... which I regret and would happily change; I just haven't come up with anything better. And its not really a popular region anyway; so it's low priority for me right now.)

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Possibly +1 perception and +2 nature in the feywild (rather than +4 for specific areas of the feywild?)?

Or +1 nature, and +2 perception in feywild? Or +4 in fey court regions of feywild?

Just throwing gasoline on the fire out ideas.

Halford

First Post
I'd be reluctant to have the static bonus a perception because I think thats already accounted for within the races that will typically frequent the Isle. I don't envisage the inhabitants of the Isle of the Fey Court being as wary as those of Bacarte. Thus I think +2 nature is more appropriate.

I could live with something like +2 perception in woodland areas of the feywild. Makes sense as they get the bonus in all similar terrain, and does not lead to situations like getting +2 underground in the Fey Wild when the character has never been underground before, etc.

Graf

Explorer
I think that it'd either be
+2 nature​
or
+1 nature and +2 to perception in wooded sections of the feywild​
If we start giving out +2 skill and then <periodic benefit> I'd need to go through and rebalance every region up.
And then have many approved characters re-written.

Kinda keen to avoid that amount of work.

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
Ah I had thought it was +1 to a combat useful skill or +2 to a non combat useful one.

I could live with the +1 nature and +2 to perception in wooded sections of the feywild Graf suggested. How about the rest of you?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases