Character assistance

s-dub

First Post
I have a Dwarven FTR 2 Rogue 3 I'm playing in a homebrew. I'm looking for advice for the next two levels, as the DM has said that for storyline reasons we'll be getting two levels soon.

I was thinking of either continuing as Fighter or Rogue (for the 2 dmg for wep. spec. or the 1d6 SA) or picking up a prestige class that continued SA but gave other goodies.

Little background my stats are currently 14,19,14,14,12,12 and in the campaign pretty much everything has been sneak attackable.

All of the monsters have been the same type, so there's a chance that ranger's favored enemy would be useful, but I couldn't have built the char that way because no one had encountered this type of creature before the campaign.

Mainly looking for damage, then survivability, then specials such as speed or bonuses to skills

I should also add that I'm the party healer becuase my crossbow is special and also shoots healing tiles.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
I'd say go with just two more fighter levels to get weapon specialization. You'll want that as the prereq for melee weapon mastery as your 9th level feat. Your strength is also a little on the low side for a meleer, so you might consider getting some barbarian levels for whirling frenzy and pounce.
-blarg

s-dub

First Post
Yes sir.

Rapid Shot, PBShot, Precise shot

If I take two more fighter levels I'll get X-bow sniper at 6 and then Wep Spec at 7.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
You know, a level or two of warblade might fit well. You can take Wolf Fang Strike to get the TWF thing going when you're in a crunch, and Blood in the Water would mesh nicely with a crossbow's decent threat range. Some of the class features would leverage your Int, and the Diamond Mind save counters could take advantage of your good Con.

Shin Okada

Explorer
I recommend either Nightsong Enforcer or Dread Commando as the prestige class to aim for.

Nightsong Enforcer in Complete Adventurer is basically a rogue/fighter full BAB prestige class. Prerequisites for the class are BAB +5, Hide 10, Move Silently 10, Improved Initiative and Evasion.

Dread Commando in Heroes of Battle will be another good option. As you are an archer, you often use your SA damages only when the opponent is flat-footed. So, Sudden Strike is good enough. The prerequisites for the prestige class are BAB +5, Hide 6, move Silently 6, Dodge and Mobility. This class adds class level to Initiative Rolls for all the party members.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases