Our First Game -- What some non-RPG fans Learned that they want to share! - Page 11

+ Log in or register to post
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    I'll give these playmates a go this Friday.

I'll keep the Weisbaden character sheet underneath, with the favourite powers bit sticking out so I don't have to faff about with cards - all the math has already been done during PC creation, so we'll just print off another sheet each time a PC levels up.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore thebouv
    I know this is dredging up a topic, but I love this playmat (the final version by porter that is zipped up with the b&W and fancy versions). And I love the OP's ideas for his group.

Someone mentioned that they would love to see a DM playmat that is similar to this, with some simple callout boxes for the numbers you constantly ask the PCs for (Defense numbers for instance, etc). Anyone come up with one yet in the same style?

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore Smog
    Quote Originally Posted by thebouv View Post
    I know this is dredging up a topic, but I love this playmat (the final version by porter that is zipped up with the b&W and fancy versions). And I love the OP's ideas for his group.

Someone mentioned that they would love to see a DM playmat that is similar to this, with some simple callout boxes for the numbers you constantly ask the PCs for (Defense numbers for instance, etc). Anyone come up with one yet in the same style?
    THANK YOU! For pulling this thread back up. I would have never found it if you had not.

And thank you to everyone that had a hand in all of this.
    I wonder how it feels to be bored?
    -Jhoira, artificer

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Ignore Nathal
    Quote Originally Posted by amysrevenge View Post
    This.

Seen it sooo many times. I only play at clubs and conventions, so I see a great many gamers, and it is almost universally true. Folks who could handle doing the arithmetic from scratch every time are the ones who have it pre-calculated, and folks who can't don't.
    That's funny...I learned a long time ago to bring my calculator to games. I'm too slow doing simple math in my head. So I produce the calculator and explain it's my "left brain". Also, I'd have stuff pre-calculated on my character sheets.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore Goblyns Hoard
    Quote Originally Posted by thebouv View Post
    I did actually have a look at this and created a first template but then abandoned the idea. The issue I had was that there are a number of factors that can affect Defences that it would require the DM to keep track of a range of numbers not only for the NPCs but now also for the PCs as well. I figured that was best left to the players. Plus having to ask them all for details keeps them drawn into the game while the DM is having his 'go' at the table, and keeps the interaction flowing - which has value to the game as a whole. So the only thing that I've had value to keep as a sheet myself is the passive insight & perception, and I didn't see the need for an entire mat for that.

If I'm wrong about this and anyone can identify a list of stats that they think are worth the DM tracking for the players then I can come up with a suitable design.
    5... 4... 3... 2... 1. Probability factor of 1 to 1, we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you can no longer cope with is therefore your own problem.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore WarDaddy

Wow

So I have not played DnD since I 2e. I have been wanting to get back in, but all of my friends are too cool to play DnD, sad. So I have been waiting, and waiting, and now my sons are 8 and 5 and I am going to give it a try.

I was really worried about how I would do this, but I think the tools of this thread are PERFECT to help me introduce the game to my sons. They play lots of games, so using the playmate with gramps cards will be a nice way to visually show them what is happening and what they can do.

I have been searching long and hard for any other version of the 'mates. This thread has been quiet, anyone else try playing with them? Any new alterations made to the concept? Anyone still using it? This thread has been quiet a while, so I thought I would bring it back. The ideas here seem perfect for my shadowfell adventure that I will introduce the family to gaming with.

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Ignore Mistwell
    I always loved these character sheet mats. I wonder if they would require any changes after all this time and the changes to the game? Is anyone still using them?
    Check out my 5th Edition Story Hour, Dwimmer Deep!
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?355380-Dwimmer-Deep

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore Kealios
    <cant find a way to delete my post>

Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

I Defended The Walls!

Ignore Dice4Hire
    Quote Originally Posted by Kealios View Post
    <cant find a way to delete my post>
    Once you raise something from the dead it does not automatically just go back in the grave.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11