+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

ø Ignore Chauzu

Secret War - Pt 1 - Escape From Zanzer's Dungeon

“At last – bring it inside.” Dark corridors and torchlight twist and turn in your nightmares as a deep-sounding voice echoes inside of your throbbing head. “Here’s your payment…” Images of a large lizard crawls out of the light and into darkness, then a glimmering gold coin floats out of those shadows and causes blinding light to consume the rest of these images. “Look how it glitters! Concentrate on… …beginning to get very sleepy…”

Farim
    Knock, knock, knock. Water droplets fall from the ceiling onto your temple as you awaken, irritating your headache to increase in its throbbing. The cold stone you awaken on is sticky, for you are lying in a patch of mold on the ground.

Thromb
    You feel what seems to be incredible pressure on your forehead as you awaken. Your eyes open to find a simple gold piece lying on your forehead. As you pick it off of your face the pressure disappears, but you notice the headache at the back of your skull even more now.

You awaken in a musty room. The floor and three walls are of solid stone, but the fourth is of thick iron bars. You’re in jail!

As you look around you see your five friends also waking up, dressed in raggedy cloth tunics such as yourself. All of the clothing and items you were wearing before are now gone, and your bodies are all scraped up as if you were dragged to your present location.

Outside of the cell you are locked in is a room with a short, skinny table along the wall. This table is bare, save for a whip and a lantern (which is the only light illuminating this room). A thick wooden door looks to be shut tight outside of the jail bars, and the cell door itself appears to be sturdier than the iron bars themselves. The only noises in the room come from the lantern and the grunts of your companions as they regain their feet.

The last thing you all remember is being hit on the head by a couple of ruffians…

Vondal
    You notice you are the only one inside the cell to awaken on a small pile of hay. Formed like a hump, it explains the slight pain in your lower back.

Morrim
    When you look forward, past your friend Vondal, you notice on the wall a list of names etched into the stone. All are carved in different handwritings.

Barab
    Carok
    Dent
    Fura
    Hector
    Jala
    Nuggin
    Pike
    Tanarel
    Sydney
    Raven
    Morn
    Lucian
    Geramon
    Aamon
    Axel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails map01a.jpg  
    Milk is for babies! Men drink beer!

Secret War Campaign
    IC
    OOC
    RG

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

ø Ignore Graf
    My communities:

Thromb pulls the coin off his head and holds it in a clenched fist, lizards fading away to memory.

He grabs hold of the nearby bars and pulls himself to his feet. His hair and beard have come unbound and form a bristling cloud around his head.

Damn brats.... stupid bird... he says to no one in particular.
    Interested in playing 4th edition online? The Living 4th EnWorld Campaign is open! [character creation wiki forum]
    I am in an interesting period of my life; I will post in games that I run three times a week (M,W,F); and try to maintain obligations in existing games.
    ...disquieting...
    There was no end to his patience and endurance. He played day and night, his obsession was somewhat disquieting. It was less as if he were playing to dispel gloom or beguile tedium than as if he were giving himself up to the fangs of gaming devils."
    Kawabata Yasunari - The Master of Go

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

ø Ignore The Digger
    "That's enough Doris. I'm getting up. Stop banging!"

Thorfin's eyes shot open as he realised that all was not as it should be. For one thing his sister Doris had married and left home years ago. For another why was his bed hard and cold? For another...

He straightened up suddenly - and instantly regretted his action. His head pounded and his stomach heaved as he ejected a short burst of stinking vomit. His hands went to his head to try to still the hammering that made all thought incoherent.

After a moment he slowly opened his eyes a finger-width and saw grey, grey walls and dirty grey clothes. He opened them a little wider and his heart sank as he started to take in his surroundings.

Oh No! Drunk and disorderly again!

But that couldn't be, could it? Surely he had stopped drinking last year? This did not nake sense. It must be a dream! Yes, That was it!

Thorfin lowered himself back down and started to go back to sleep...

Superhero (Lvl 15)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

ø Ignore Walking Dad
    My communities:

"uah-ooh, my head. Stupid assignment and stupid humans. And stupid hay, aren't you supposed to be less hard?" Vondal groans as he awakes, speaking to no one in particular. Seeing his friends and silently congratulating himself to the acute dwarven sight, he uses even the poor light condition to search the pile of hay he had lain on.
    At least my spells are still in my memory, but I need my book and other equipment back as fast as possible... he thinks.
    Last edited by Walking Dad; Wednesday, 20th August, 2008 at 02:24 PM. Reason: spelling errors... I'm sure there are more...
    Signature

Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

PS: English is NOT my native language!

May the 4th be with you!

PbPs

Invisible Castle

http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)

My Houserules

I am SpiderClan

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

ø Ignore Redclaw
    Rangok's eyes open slowly, and at first he is calm and unaware of his strange location. The cell, after all, is little different from his simple room in the temple of Moradin. Upon stretching, however, he discovers his "clothing", and quickly sees the bars that lack him and the others in.

He stands almost instantly, a look of anger and offense in his dark dwarven eyes. What is this? Why are we imprisoned? he asks nobody in particular. He looks questioningly at his companions, then steps forward and tries to find and open the door in the bars.

PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

ø Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

"Well, ain't that a fine reward for a job well done, I took care o' some kids messin' with that dang lizard and all I get is a bop on the noggin'" Morrim says groggily, his head in his hands for a moment as he rubs his eyes.

Looking up at the others, he gives a weak smile "Well, at least there's some fine company in here, and it looks like we ain't the first to be here" the warlock says, gesturing behind Vondal to a list of names carved in the wall.

"As for this lock, I'm sure I could blast through it eventually." Morrim suggests, as he stands up and stretches the tightness out of his muscles.

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

Reviews
    Read 5 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    OSRICI Defended The Walls!Gygax Memorial Fund

ø Ignore Leif
    My communities:

Farim Rubyheart, Cleric 1, L/G, 28/28 HP

OOC: Farim is willing to give Axel the benefit of the doubt, because he does not believe that any Dwarf would ever betray his people to the likes of hobgoblins.
    Last edited by Leif; Monday, 25th August, 2008 at 05:57 PM.

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

Reviews
    Read 5 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    OSRICI Defended The Walls!Gygax Memorial Fund

ø Ignore Leif
    My communities:

Farim Rubyheart, Cleric 1, L/G, 28/28 HP

Farim will untie Axel's hands if no one has done so yet.
    Last edited by Leif; Monday, 25th August, 2008 at 05:51 PM.

Superhero (Lvl 15)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

ø Ignore Walking Dad
    My communities:

"Farim is very trusty," Vondal thinks. "Perhaps this is a diguised spy. But I was never good at discerning lies..."
    Signature

Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

PS: English is NOT my native language!

May the 4th be with you!

PbPs

Invisible Castle

http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)

My Houserules

I am SpiderClan

PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

ø Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

Morrim will pull himself up off the ground angrily, shaking the dust and other debris from his beard.

"Durn hobbys, give me a chance and I'll show him some humilty" Morrim mutters before turning to face the newcomer, greeting him with a grunt.

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast