Secret War - Pt 1 - Escape From Zanzer's Dungeon - Page 10




+ Log in or register to post
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Results 91 to 100 of 100
  1. #91
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Chauzu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Livermore, CA
    Posts
    1,207

    ø Ignore Chauzu
    "Well, hurry up with your plans knuckleheads," inputs Axel. "We probably don't have much time until that cockroach returns with his goons. Jerj won't hesitate to throw a pack of rabid dogs in here if he even senses revolt."

    Rangok
    As your group discusses your plans to escape, you notice one of the halfling femurs next to you against the bars from when Axel was throwing things at the door.
    Milk is for babies! Men drink beer!

    Secret War Campaign
    IC
    OOC
    RG

 

  • #92
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Leif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR, USA
    Posts
    21,619
    Blog Entries
    6
    OSRIC I Defended The Walls! Gygax Memorial Fund

    ø Ignore Leif

    Farim Rubyheart, Cleric 1, L/G, 28/28 HP

    "Let's try it Morrim's way first. If it doesn't work then we can still do like we originally planned, but if it does work then we'll all be much better off."

  • #93
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    The Digger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Liverpool UK
    Posts
    909

    ø Ignore The Digger
    "That's a very good idea. The less fighting we have to do before we get out of this cage the better it will be for fighting outside the cage. I say go for it!" Thorfin thumps his hand down in agreement.

    "Oops! Sorry Axel! Didn't see you there!"

  • #94
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Chauzu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Livermore, CA
    Posts
    1,207

    ø Ignore Chauzu
    Your group's discussion comes to an abrupt end as the hallway door's handle turns. In comes a goblin followed by Jerj, with some more goblins behind him. The horizontal rods begin to move into the walls once again and lock into place.

    Slung over the hobgoblin's shoulder are the shackles. On his right hip Jerj carries a whip and the key ring, and on his left hip Jerj carries a wooden club. Each of the other goblins that you see hold their bows and arrows in hand, eyeing you all with vicious smiles. Their quivers are on their hips.

    "Stand back!" Jerj gruffly orders. He takes the key ring from his side and puts a key in the keyhole. Axel moves up to the cell door. The hobgoblin pushes open the door and stares at Axel in front of him. "What are you smiling at dwarf?" he asks in reply to Axel's stupid smile. "Guess we'll have to rub it off while you're diggin' all day!" Jerj shoves the dwarf onto the ground to the side of the jail door and steps into the cell. "I know you'll survive Axel. You've been to the salt mines. Your companions here... we'll see if they'll live beyond the day or not!" He follows with a menacing laugh as he kneels down before Axel and takes a shackle off of his shoulder. Jerj begins shackling Axel's feet.

    As the hobgoblin concentrates on Axel’s feet, his guards notice Vondal's and Morrim’s hostile intentions. As Morrim prepares to attack, one of the goblins yell out, ”Jerj – watch out!”

    OOC
    Time for some action, but the goblins have sensed your actions! Below is the combat sequence:

    1. Morrim (MI)
    2. Vondal (VD)
    3. Thromb (TL)
    4. Rangok (RA)
    5. Goblins (G1-3)
    6. Farim (FR)
    7. Thorfin (TH)
    8. Jerj (JJ)
    9. Axel (AX)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails map01b.jpg  
    Milk is for babies! Men drink beer!

    Secret War Campaign
    IC
    OOC
    RG

  • #95
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Graf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    undisclosed
    Posts
    3,994
    Blog Entries
    21

    ø Ignore Graf
    Thromb sticks to the plan, charging Thorfin's simple robes with thundering armor; the energy provides some defense to the fighter [+1 AC] but is too feeble to harm anyone [MISS].
    Interested in playing 4th edition online? The Living 4th EnWorld Campaign is open! [character creation wiki forum]
    I am in an interesting period of my life; I will post in games that I run three times a week (M,W,F); and try to maintain obligations in existing games.
    ...disquieting...
    There was no end to his patience and endurance. He played day and night, his obsession was somewhat disquieting. It was less as if he were playing to dispel gloom or beguile tedium than as if he were giving himself up to the fangs of gaming devils."
    Kawabata Yasunari - The Master of Go

  • #96
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Leif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR, USA
    Posts
    21,619
    Blog Entries
    6
    OSRIC I Defended The Walls! Gygax Memorial Fund

    ø Ignore Leif

    Farim Rubyheart, Cleric 1, L/G, 28/28 HP

    Farim casts Lance of Faith (at-will prayer) at the middle goblin.

    Attack: Wis vs. Reflex 1d20+5=6 1d20 5=6, 1d8 2=9

    A brilliant ray of light springs from Farim's hand toward the middle goblin. It does not hit him, but sparkles of light linger around the goblin to guide other attacks. OOC: Bummer!

  • #97
    Vondal uses his signature spell to attack the left goblin, summoning gaping maws.
    OOC

    Cloud of daggers (1d20+3=11, 1d6+3=9)
    on the square of G1

    Mini stat block

    Vondal
    Perception: 13 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
    AC 13 Fortitude 14 Reflex 13 Will 15
    Hit Points: 29 / 29 Bloodied: 14
    Temporary Hit Points: 0
    Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
    Healing Surge: 7 Surges per day: 10 / 10
    Encounter Powers: Force Orb
    Daily Powers: Flaming Sphere

    Last edited by Walking Dad; Tuesday, 2nd September, 2008 at 02:52 PM.
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #98
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Redclaw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Eureka, CA
    Posts
    3,039

    ø Ignore Redclaw
    WD, you might want to rethink CoD. Don't forget, we need to get through that door, and you would be effectively blocking it.

    ***Edit: Thanks for shifting targets. It keeps the goblin busy and doesn't hurt us as we charge them.***
    Last edited by Redclaw; Wednesday, 3rd September, 2008 at 03:01 PM.

  • #99
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Leif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR, USA
    Posts
    21,619
    Blog Entries
    6
    OSRIC I Defended The Walls! Gygax Memorial Fund

    ø Ignore Leif
    OOC: Vondal could always dismiss the spell before any friendlies enter the CoD.

  • #100
    Morrim growls in frustration that their plan has been found out, but continues with his actions.

    He reaches into himself and feels the cold, chill of the power dwelling in his soul and thrusts his hand out towards Jerj, squeezing it shut. A claw of darkness bursts from the ground, enveloping the hobgoblin.

    After completing this, Morrim also points at Jerj and a blast of flame strikes the hobgoblin.

    OOC

    Standard - Cast Diabolic Grasp on Jerj - if hit, slide him just south of Morrim's position. Attack (vs. Fort); Damage (1d20+3=16, 2d8+3=15)
    16 vs. Fort, 15 damage + 5 curse = 20 damage
    **Forgot Curse Bonus Damage - Curse Bonus (1d6+3=8)* Shizer added +3 (ignore)

    Use Action Point - Cast Hellish Rebuke on Jerj
    Atack (vs. Ref); fire damage (1d20+3=18, 1d6+3=4)
    Rebuke damage if I'm hurt (1d6+3=4)
    Move - n/a
    Minor - Curse Jerj


    Stats

    HP: 29/29, AP: 0/1; Surges: 9/9
    AC: 13; F: 13; R: 13; W: 13
    Last edited by renau1g; Tuesday, 2nd September, 2008 at 07:11 PM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

    Similar Threads

    1. Secret Doors are too secret. Thoughts?
      By hennebeck in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 34
      Last Post: Friday, 20th June, 2008, 07:42 PM
    2. Engines & Empires I: Escape From the Dungeon
      By Jack Daniel in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 109
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th May, 2007, 10:01 PM
    3. Escape from Zanzer's Dungeon??
      By Ashrem Bayle in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th July, 2003, 01:15 AM
    4. Legacy Of The Deep (Pt. 1) - Escape From Zanzer's Dungeon
      By Chauzu in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 835
      Last Post: Monday, 16th June, 2003, 06:46 AM
    5. Secret Message to Old-Timers in Dungeon 91
      By Fiery James in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Monday, 11th February, 2002, 05:34 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •