Secret War - Pt 1 - Escape From Zanzer's Dungeon

Leif

Adventurer
Farim Rubyheart

Farim groans softly as the reality of his circumstances sinks in. He decides that the best course of action is to get up and see what's going on. He stands and stretches, with a grim smile for his fellow prisoners.

"Get up, Thorfin! We're not in the drunk tank, and we need to find a way out of this cell. Vondal! What, exactly, are you trying to do, burn us all alive?"

Graf

Explorer
"Well, ain't that a fine reward for a job well done, I took care o' some kids messin' with that dang lizard and all I get is a bop on the noggin'" Morrim says groggily, his head in his hands for a moment as he rubs his eyes.
I... also had lizard problems. Thromb glowers.
We've been set up! he announces.

Let me have a look, he moves over to the door and inspects the door's locking mechanism.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
I... also had lizard problems. Thromb glowers.
We've been set up! he announces.

Let me have a look, he moves over to the door and inspects the door's locking mechanism.

"There are some small bones, if you need some improvised tools, Thromb.

And Farim, I just tested, if my spells still work. And it was just a harmless display of sprayin' colors."
Vondal answers.

The Digger

First Post
"And right pretty it was too," remarked Thorfin. "Now I don't suppose ye have some kind of metal-melting spell locked in that noggin of yours, have ye?"

Without waiting for a reply the fighter moves up to the bars and starts testing their strength, and trying out the width between them.

"There's a whip over there, and I don't suppose the lantern is for our benefit so I presume that someone will come in eventually. Maybe then we'll find out what' going on."

He eyes the distance between the bars and the table to see how accessible the whip might be.

Walking Dad

First Post
"If you want the whip, just ask." Vondal says, summoning a hand and let it levitate just above the whip.

"But no metal-meltin' spell, I fear. Just a rollin' ball of fire."

Leif

Adventurer
Farim Rubyheart

"There are some small bones, if you need some improvised tools, Thromb.
"And Farim, I just tested, if my spells still work. And it was just a harmless display of sprayin' colors." Vondal answers.

"Ahh, ok, then. It's good to see that you're arcane powers still respond to your wishes. But do you have some spell that might prove a little more useful for getting us out of here? Oh! I'm sorry, forgive my snippy words, please. I am just so flustered by this situation!"

renau1g

First Post
"Perhaps I can help with that, please step back from the door, let's see if I can help" Morrim says, as he takes aim at either the hinges (if they're visible) or the locking mechanism.

He concentrates on the words he'd read that fateful day and the energy flows through him, Morrim releases the energy in a thin, icy-blue ray.

Chauzu

First Post
Thromb’s and Thorfin’s continued inspection of the cell bars proves no more useful than Rangok’s as Morrim tries to blast the door loose – until they get a front row seat in how the lock works.

The horizontal rods that span from wall to wall and through the bars begin to recede into the wall to the right. BANG – a flash of green moves across the hall, the hallway door wide open. Clunk clunk – something locks inside of the walls and the iron rods that stabilized the cell door stop once they are past it.

[sblock=Thromb]Thromb notices a key lock was hidden behind the iron rods after they had moved out of place - so not only do the three rods secure the door but also a key is required to open the door afterwards.[/sblock]

Vondal almost made it to the bars with the whip in his mage hand, but now a small, green goblin kneels to the ground grasping the whip, breathing heavily with a sweat as he stares at you all in surprise. ”Perhaps you should keep a better eye on your prisoners maggot,” proclaims a creature speaking in clear Chondathan from the next room.

A hairy, whip-carrying hobgoblin enters the hallway in front of the jail. Behind it follows a brawny dwarf with bound hands. The monster stops in front of your cell, then says, ”I’m wise to your tricks, prisoners. Lie face down on the floor. Don’t try anything, or I’ll bash you good!”

[sblock=Thromb & Thorfin]Thromb and Thorfin hear bow strings being pulled in the next room, while the goblin across from them begins to equip himself the bow on his back.[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=OOC:[URL="http://www.enworld.org/forum/member.php?u=48762"]Leif[/URL]]We've got the same color going for our speach... I don't want to say I started using it first.... but I did....
If you're helbent on dark orange I can find a new color of course...[/sblock]

Thromb hisses "More of 'em... next room...they got bows...." and makes to raise his hands.

You've got Thromb over a barrel now gobbo, but just you wait.... nobody pulls one over on Thromb Lickspit and gets away with it.

He carefully looks the goblins over... one of you've got a key...

[sblock=OOC]Trying to make a perception check to find the key, on a keyring or what have you.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases