Secret War - Pt 1 - Escape From Zanzer's Dungeon

Leif

Adventurer
Farim Rubyheart, Cleric 1, L/G, 28/28 HP

" 'The Man'????? I see that you have become entirely too familiar with your hobgoblin hosts! Why are you here in our cell, anyway? You seem to have some experience of this place, as if you've been here for awhile now. I think it's time that you leveled with us totally and told us what in blazes is going on here! And speaking of giving something, I just released you from your bonds! That is worth a great deal more that the piddling little information that you have to share! You know, now that I think about it, fellows, let's just hold him down and bind him again!""

Last edited:

Chauzu

First Post
[sblock=Thromb]You see nothing out of the ordinary inside of your cell that you haven't seen already.[/sblock]

"Well aren't you a flip of the coin!" exclaims Axel as he puts his attention on Farim. He put his arm around Farim and continues, "You can be pretty feisty when you're not being good lil' priest." Axel looks down onto Farim and gives him a smile as he sticks his other hand into his cloth shirt. He pulls out a collection of small dice, probably crafted from bone with numbers chissiled into them.

[sblock=OOC]The dice in his hand are a d4, d6, d8, two d10s, and a d12.[/sblock]

"I know the way out of here. That's all I'm going to tell you for now. Again, things aren't free down here. So... since you picks apparently have no pieces on ya, I have a proposition."

Your burly cellmate begins shaking the dice in his hand. "If I roll highest, each of you owes me a gold piece. If any of you roll higher than me, I'll tell you something about this place. Fair enough?"

Leif

Adventurer

Farim shrugs off the overly-familiar arm and backs away from the newcomer. "I am not interested in your trivial games nor your ludicrous ideas. I doubt very seriously that you are privy to any information that would interest me in the slightest. And unhand me, sir! I am not your 'buddy' nor do I wish to be."

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Enough! Rangok's voice brooks no argument as he stares down the new arrival and his suspicious and frustrated companions. We will not bind a dwarf with no knowledge of criminal activities. We will not become the filth that run this prison. That would be doing their work for them.

He turns to Axel. As for you, what a sad day it is to see a fine dwarf so institutionalized by hobgoblins that he would rather stay their prisoner than escape. If you truly know the way out of here, what excuse do you have for your continued presence? Even if it's good, you know that we'd let you accompany us when we leave. Why not make that your demand, rather than a measly two gold.

Leif

Adventurer

Farim keeps silent and chews his lower lip, suitably chagrined by Rangok's wise words.

Chauzu

First Post
Axel ponders over Rangok's words as he looks about. He chuckles as he throws his dice out of the cell door. Then the dwarf moves to the back of the cell again and crosses his arms.

"You guys don't look very strong," Axel says. "You're not very smart, either, so I'll be the boss of this cell."

Walking Dad

First Post
"Are you a lunatic? You see us, robbed even of our clothes, having no gold whatsover and taken prisoner by hobgoblins. And you think we have gold with us? And 'boss of this cell'? What should that mean? That you can sleep on this sorry pile of hay?
And Rangok, don't call this creature a proper 'dwarf'. There is more to this word than beard and size.
Speak, what is even your clan and ancestry? To mock a cleric of Moradin? How do you even know, that he is a priest?"

Vondal speaks up.

renau1g

First Post
Morrim begins laughing at the newcomer's words and stares hard at the dwarf.

"You think us weak, you think you can march in here and order us around. You've got another thing coming boyo, the way I see it you've got 2 options. 1 - play along and work with us, or 2 - end up like that rat you're chewing on. If you think I'm joking know that I need no equipment to blast you into dust" Morrim says, and to accentuate the point launches an eldritch blast at the cell door, near Axel.

[sblock=OOC]
Intimidate:
Intimidate (1d20+5=23)
[/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
"Hold on a moment my fine friends. Let us not get too hasty here. Our new 'friend' here..." Thorfin accentuates the word sarcastically "...is probably so well used to this place that he carries on in the vein he has become accustomed to. I for one would have no objection playing his game. If nothing else, and even if it does not serve to help get us released, it will at least pass the time."

He turned to the others, arms outstretched "Come, let us all be friends, especially in our adversity."

Remove ads