[Closed!] 4e Game; B'n'B Against the Orcs

Walking Dad

First Post
I'd like to slot in as an alt. I'm happy to play whatever role may end up vacated.
Ok, good to have an good alt at. The first place that will be vacant is yours.

I spent 360 gold to get a magic holy symbol +1 if that's ok if not no biggie.
No problem. Spend the money as you like :)
But without quickdraw, you have to choose between weapon and symbol in your non-shield hand.

PS: Your items seem to weak.
You start with a level 6,5 and 4 item.

But:
Thundering+1 is only level 3
Dwarvenplate+1 is only level 2

Last edited:

Niehaus

First Post
Hmm I didn't know you had to have your holy symbol readied to benefit from it. From the way it was described in the handbook it made it seem like it was just a symbol you kept displayed on your person like a necklace or trinket of some sort. Either way I'll probably keep the symbol just for flavor.

I was actually looking at Battleforged Armor but Dwarven seemed a little better I'm open to opinions and thoughts on the subject tho. And as far as Thundering weapon goes I liked the ability to push if I needed it but if there's a level 4 weapon that you think would work suit a defender I'd definitely be open to considering it.

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Something to remember with Battleforged vs. Dwarven armor - Dwarven lets you get one free healing surge per day (14 hp for you), whereas with Battleforged you get 1d10 extra hp every time you second wind when you're bloodied. If you save your second wind until you're bloodied as a matter of habit, then it should give you more hp over the course of the day, and help more in each fight than Dwarven (which only helps in one fight per day). Black Iron is pretty good too, gives you some resistances and is level 4.

For weapons, Terror is pretty good for a defender. Flaming, Lightning, and Lifedrinker are all level 5 weapons, and Lifedrinker especially jumps out at me as something good for a defender (5 temp hp every time you drop an enemy).

I also believe that you just need to wear a holy symbol to use it ... I'll check tonight when I get home, see if I can find a page reference. You'll probably want the holy symbol for your dailies still, though. It sucks a lot when you miss with a daily.

Well ... I've probably babbled enough now. Just kibitzing, pointing out some options if you want them. I'll polish my rogue up a bit tonight or tomorrow morning.

Padreigh

First Post
My Eladrin Wizard is basically done.
As soon as I figure out how to use this nifty "show" feature I'll post his stats.

[sblock]

Argivion of Frosty Glade, Travelling Mage

Male Eladrin Wizard
Level 5

Strength

(+0)
Constitution

(+2)
Dexterity

(+1)
Intelligence

(+5)
Wisdom

(+1)
Charisma

(+1)

Height:
5' 10"
Weight:
165 lb
Skin:

Eyes:

Hair:
Beardless

Maximum Hit Points: 40
Bloodied: 20
Surge Value: 10
Surges / Day: 8 [includes constitution modifier]

Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Low-light
Initiative:
1d20 +7
= + 2 [half level] + 1 [dexterity] + 4 [improved initiative]
Base Strength Attack:
1d20 +2
= + 2 [half level + 0 [strength]
Base Dexterity Attack:
1d20 +3
= + 2 [half level + 1 [dexterity]
Base Constitution Attack:
1d20 +4
= + 2 [half level + 2 [constitution]
Base Intelligence Attack:
1d20 +7
= + 2 [half level + 5 [intelligence]
Base Wisdom Attack:
1d20 +3
= + 2 [half level + 1 [wisdom]
Base Charisma Attack:
1d20 +3
= + 2 [half level + 1 [charisma]

Armor Class:
= 10 + 2 [half level] + 5 [intelligence] + 1 [wizard staff]
Fortitude Defense:
= 10 + 2 [half level] + 2 [constitution]
Reflex Defense:
= 10 + 2 [half level] + 5 [intelligence]
Will Defense:
= 10 + 2 [half level] + 1 [Eladrin] + 2 [wizard] + 1 [wisdom]

Languages:
Common; Elven; Orc; Dwarven; Goblin

Rituals Known:
Magic Mouth [Level 1]
Make Whole [Level 1]
Tenser's Floating Disk [Level 1]

Skills:
Acrobatics:
+3
= 1 [dexterity] + 2 [half level]
Arcana:
+14
= 5 [intelligence] + 2 [half level] + 2 [Eladrin] + 5 [class training]
Athletics:
+2
= 0 [strength] + 2 [half level]
Bluff:
+3
= 1 [charisma] + 2 [half level]
Diplomacy:
+3
Dungeoneering:
+8
= 1 [wisdom] + 2 [half level] + 5 [class training]
Endurance:
+4
= 2 [constitution] + 2 [half level]
Heal:
+3
= 1 [wisdom] + 2 [half level]
History:
+14
= 5 [intelligence] + 2 [half level] + 2 [Eladrin] + 5 [class training]
Insight:
+3
Intimidate:
+3
Nature:
+8
= 1 [wisdom] + 2 [half level] + 5 [class training]
Perception:
+3
Religion:
+12
= 5 [intelligence] + 2 [half level] + 5 [eladrin education]
Stealth:
+3
Streetwise:
+3
Thievery:
+3

Feats:
Armor Proficiency -- Leather

Improved Initiative

Linguist x1

At-Will:
Ghost Sound [Wizard]
Light [Wizard][minor action]
Mage Hand [Wizard][minor action]
Prestidigitation [Wizard]
Magic Missile [Level 1]
Scorching Burst [Level 1]

Encounter Powers:
Fey Step [Eladrin][move action]
Icy Rays [Level 3]

Daily Powers:
Expeditious Retreat [Level 2 Utility][move action]
Feather Fall [Level 2 Utility][free action]
Fireball [Level 5]
Web [Level 5]
Reminder to Level 5 Wizards: Each day (i.e., after extended rest), you prepare two daily non-utility powers and one utility power from your spellbook.

Wizard
  • This wizard prefers using a staff.
  • Cantrips
  • Ritual Casting [bonus feat, not listed above]
  • Spellbook
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
My Eladrin Wizard is basically done.
As soon as I figure out how to use this nifty "show" feature I'll post his stats.

Oh, that. Just type:

[sblockx]...[/sblockx] without the x.

You can change the name of the spoiler block by using this:
[sblockx=Name] still without the x.

BTW: I just cleanded up my mailbox on the Karatas board.

Walking Dad

First Post
Hmm I didn't know you had to have your holy symbol readied to benefit from it. From the way it was described in the handbook it made it seem like it was just a symbol you kept displayed on your person like a necklace or trinket of some sort. Either way I'll probably keep the symbol just for flavor.

I was actually looking at Battleforged Armor but Dwarven seemed a little better I'm open to opinions and thoughts on the subject tho. And as far as Thundering weapon goes I liked the ability to push if I needed it but if there's a level 4 weapon that you think would work suit a defender I'd definitely be open to considering it.
Oops, you are right, Holy Symbols are the only symbols you only need to wear.

If you really don't want a higher level item, you can cash it in for half it's value (normal sale rules). But higher level items are typical better.
See Lord Sessadore post ;)

Very cool to see you mixing RL up with PbP.
Good luck!
Thanks, sorry, if I ended the recruiting so fast. I really like your style. Do you want on the list of alts?

Niehaus

First Post
Switched some items around. Willy is now wielding a +1 lightning short sword with a +1 black iron piece. I'd like to see how the resistances play out.

Also I was wondering what we were doing as far as character back grounds since this is going to be a light game I didn't know if we were going to mess with those. If we are I'd like to tie some of the ideas for my character in with other members of the party, and if we aren't that's fine too.

Padreigh

First Post
I was wondering about backgrounds as well. But since this is a Beer and Brezel (where did that horrible superflous "t" come from??? ;)) game, I assumed that Walking Dad didn't want to bother about how and why the characters are working together.

I know from (bitter) experience that getting the group to work together (or at least to travel in roughly the same direction) can take longer than the actual scenario you want them to play.

But if Walking Dad is willing to take the risk I for my part am more than willing to provide a more or less elaborate background for my Eladrin.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases