Excerpts: Reagents

Ravingdork

Explorer
Discuss.

Preview of the Preview:
Boots of Teleportation; Level 28
Wearing these elegant boots, you never need to raise your feet to move.
Item Slot: Feet 2,125,000 gp
Power (At-Will Teleportation): Move Action. Teleport a number of squares equal to your speed.

I SO want those boots! Never worry about an opportunity attack or being pinned in again! :D

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
Gargoyle Ring; Level 25
Wearing this ring of rough stone allows you to adopt a rocky form.
Item Slot: Ring 625,000 gp
Property: While you are petrified, you can make a saving throw at the end of your turn to remove the effect.
Power (Daily): Standard Action. You become a stone statue, gaining resist 25 to all damage and tremorsense 10. You lose all other senses and can take no actions in this form other than a minor action to resume your normal form. If you’ve reached at least one milestone today, you can spend a healing surge to regain hit points equal to your surge value at the same time you turn into a statue or resume your normal form.
So is that a total of one or two healing surges you can spend with the daily power of the gargoyle ring?

Ravingdork

Explorer
It might be in the best of your interests to read this sticky

This excerpt isn't out of a book or pirated PDF. It was a PREVIEW from the WotC web site. If anything, they want the word to get out about the upcoming Adventurer's Vault book.

Nobody is going to get sued and I haven't, to my knowledge, broken any rules or laws.

So calm down already.

Ravingdork

Explorer
So is that a total of one or two healing surges you can spend with the daily power of the gargoyle ring?

It says A healing surge, implying only one. Furthermore, it says you get the surge when changing to statue form OR returning from it, again, implying that you get only a single surge.

CubeKnight

First Post
This excerpt isn't out of a book or pirated PDF. It was a PREVIEW from the WotC web site. If anything, they want the word to get out about the upcoming Adventurer's Vault book.

Nobody is going to get sued and I haven't, to my knowledge, broken any rules or laws.

So calm down already.
I don't think I sounded rude or anything like that to merit you telling me to "calm down".

Anyway, do as you wish. I do not know if there's any sort of penalty system over here, but I was just trying to help out. If you refuse to listen, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.

Syrsuro

First Post

So calm down already.

Did you read the sticky? Cause it doesn't sound like you did (you have, in fact, broken a 'rule'). Apologetics towards the forum mods, rather than defiance would seem to be the appropriate response, imho.

Regardless - to discuss the merits of the article, not the specific original post: I like the direction the reagants are going in (as long as access to such reagents is under the DMs control) - and I wonder if there will be similar reagents to improve rituals/ replace generic ritual components.

And those boots are nice. Never worry about Opportunity Attacks again, just teleport wherever you want to go.

Carl

Last edited:

ObsidianCrane

First Post
Reagents look good overall. Something else to stick in the treasure instead of healing potions which do not seem to have a huge demand so far for my players.

Remove ads