Interface Zero Q&A

Urizen

First Post
Hiya everyone,

I wanted to open up a thread for you guys to ask questions about reality deviant Publications' Interface Zero campaign setting for the True20 game system.

If you have any questions about this awesome game setting, please don't hesitate to ask!

Aus_Snow

First Post
What other True20 material would work well, or seamlessly even, with Interface Zero? Apart from the core book, of course. ;)

Even better, have you (or anyone else reading this) found that there are particular books or PDFs that do work seamlessly (or really well) with IZ? I know, it hasn't been out long, but thought I'd ask anyhow. :)

Also, which areas that Interface Zero doesn't cover (yet?), might be covered by future supplements? So, implied in that: What's the breadth and depth of IZ, as it stands?

Vigilance

Explorer
There might be a supplement for playing androids who are struggling to become more fully human on the way from someone whose handle begins with the letter "V".

If such a thing existed, it would have been influenced by Terminator, Blade Runner and ST:TNG.

Urizen

First Post
What other True20 material would work well, or seamlessly even, with Interface Zero? Apart from the core book, of course. ;)

Even better, have you (or anyone else reading this) found that there are particular books or PDFs that do work seamlessly (or really well) with IZ? I know, it hasn't been out long, but thought I'd ask anyhow. :)

Also, which areas that Interface Zero doesn't cover (yet?), might be covered by future supplements? So, implied in that: What's the breadth and depth of IZ, as it stands?

Hiya!

Thanks for your interest!

The modern chapter of the True20 Companion would work well for this setting, as would Technothrillers, if you want your characters to do some High-level espionage gaming IZ-style.

Heroic Toolkits: Vehicles will work well, because one aspect we didn't get too deep into was vehicles of 2088. HT:V will provide you with an array of stuff you can plug into the game, along with chase rules.

I'd recommend chekcing out the Expert's handbook as well.

Interface Zero_hints_a Megacongloms, but doesn't go nearly as deep into them as I would Like. We'll definitely be providing you with a closer look at some of the biggest (and dirtiest?) megacorporations in 2088.

I also want to do more adventures, more expansion on cities and nations.

Matty Conklin will be doing New Braziliia, a supplement examining the core city he envisioned for for the setting.

I'll probably do alot of work on North America, just because I roll like that ;)

Oh.. Soon, We'll be putting out an Android issue for the I-zine by Mr Rice. he did a great job on it. I just have to find the time to get it edited and busted out.

Matt Conklin has a number of issues pre-written, but he hasn't shared them with me yet..

All in all, you can expect
more,

more,

more of everything.

Thanks for your questions. keep 'em coming

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
There might be a supplement for playing androids who are struggling to become more fully human on the way from someone whose handle begins with the letter "V".

As in you start as an android and can eventually become human? Nice :D Looks like RDP will get more of my money in the next few months.

Vigilance

Explorer
As in you start as an android and can eventually become human? Nice :D Looks like RDP will get more of my money in the next few months.

Exactly. The android rules I did grant them some slightly higher ability bonuses but some hefty penalties on Initiative and skills. As they interact with humans and grow, they can reduce these penalties over time.

There's also a potential for an android to act out in frustration, anger or sadness as it tries to come to grips with its humanity.

I also added some new equipment, like "feel real" skin, which both feels real when touched (pulse and all), and transmits feelings to the android, emotion software that can speed android emotional development and so on.

Brutorz Bill

First Post
Exactly. The android rules I did grant them some slightly higher ability bonuses but some hefty penalties on Initiative and skills. As they interact with humans and grow, they can reduce these penalties over time.

There's also a potential for an android to act out in frustration, anger or sadness as it tries to come to grips with its humanity.

I also added some new equipment, like "feel real" skin, which both feels real when touched (pulse and all), and transmits feelings to the android, emotion software that can speed android emotional development and so on.

This sounds really cool! Looking forward to it!
Everyone knows I'm a Mutant nut...any plans to add some mutations to the setting?

Urizen

First Post
This sounds really cool! Looking forward to it!
Everyone knows I'm a Mutant nut...any plans to add some mutations to the setting?

Actually... ya know. That would be pretty cool. Lord knows there are more than a few radiation-soaked places in the setting. The middle east and parts of India were nuked. It's definitely been long enough since the war which caused the phenomena known only as "the Death," happened, so I could see generations of mutated people popping up across the world..

And we already discussed the utter coolness of hybrids, so...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases