Creepy Game Music

Canada_K

First Post
I know this topic has been on the boards a few times before, but of course I never read any of the threads because I didn't need them at the time. Please don't maim me for posting again.

I am putting together a CD of creepy music for background at an upcoming gaming session and I would like to hear other people's suggestions. This si what I've got so far:

(1) It's Over, It's Under - Dollshead
(2) Shallow Grave Soundtrack
(3) Mortal Kombat Soundtrack
(4) Vangelis tune from Blade Runner

What other contributions can y'all make?

Tempuswolf

First Post
Canada_K said:
Vangelis tune from Blade Runner

Vangelis' Blade Runner creepy? I know some people don't like it but I have never heard it refered to as "creepy", sounds majestic to me. Anyhow, for creepy try Ennio Morricone's soundtrack from The Thing.

takyris

First Post
Faith Hill, the "Breathe" CD.

Just think about it.

It's not head-banging music.

It's not gothic sadness music..

It's not hyper-cute Brittney Spears music that's counterintuitively awful in just the right way.

It's... just WRONG for gaming.

Play "Love is a Sweet Thing" during random encounters, "The Way you Love Me" during combats, "Bringing out the Elvis in Me" whenever undear are nearby, "If I'm not in love with you" any time they're talking to an NPC who's going to give them a quest, and "What's in it for me?" every time they roll a Diplomacy or Bluff check. After awhile, your players will develop nervous tics.

-Tacky, who does actually like Faith Hill a bunch, although he doesn't listen to country music -- and doesn't play her during game sessions unless he's evil

Hunt down a group called Tribe of Circle (their French).

Look for an album called Live at Bar Maldoror by Current 93.

A couple of albums by George Crumb won't hurt either.

These albums will give your players nightmares, without you even saying a word.

Dismas

First Post
NoMeansNo:
Has a good selection of creepy punkish numbers, The Tower, Everyday I start to Ooze, Metronome, Victory

Portishead

12 Monkeys Soundtrack

Janes Addiction

Then again any slightly out of place music can become creepy. In an Alternity game, set around Hammers Star, all combat took place with 'If I had Hammer' playing in the background. I also have a few victims err players that can not listen to Ellena Rigby or Octopusses Garden (Beatles) without breaking into a cold sweat.

DonAdam

Explorer
Glen Danzig's Black Aria

The telepathic cd that changes mood every time the game does.

It's creepy.

Try it. Trust me.

Claude Raines

First Post
You can always use select parts from Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells CD. The first part was the famous music from "The Exorcist." Towards the end (and not on the movie soundtrack) there is definitely some vocalization that sounds like someone possessed by demons. It freaks me out a little whenever I hear it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases