Converting Forgotten Realms monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
How about we do that but allow Shade's suggestion: summoning them in air and lighting them? Since they're not aquatic, they probably don't have to be summoned in the water. ;)

Cleon

Legend
How about we do that but allow Shade's suggestion: summoning them in air and lighting them? Since they're not aquatic, they probably don't have to be summoned in the water. ;)

So, so you can use a like living alchemist's fire out of water? Presumably you could do the same with a freshly dead one that still has that "cupful of flammable oil" in it.

I like that idea.

It's a bit rough on the Black Burners, some adventurers can be real meanies. ;)

freyar

Ok, I don't even need the summoning bit if we write in that they can burn like alchemists fire. I guess really like a flask of oil, taking a full round action to light.

I now have this mental image of some PCs fighting trolls or ogre magi, running out of fire weapons but recognizing all the "fish" swimming around near them. :D

Shade

Monster Junkie
Ok, I don't even need the summoning bit if we write in that they can burn like alchemists fire. I guess really like a flask of oil, taking a full round action to light.

I now have this mental image of some PCs fighting trolls or ogre magi, running out of fire weapons but recognizing all the "fish" swimming around near them. :D

WIN. :devil:

freyar

Ok, then, just take Cleon's basic stats and add

Flammable (Ex): A black burner (alive or dead for no more than 1 week?) burns easily due to the special oils in its flesh. If lit carefully, a black burner body corpse can be kept burning as a small fire for up to X hours. If lit quickly, a live or dead black burner can be lit and thrown as a splash weapon as a full-round action, following the rules for alchemist's fire otherwise.

Cleon

Legend
Ok, then, just take Cleon's basic stats and add

Flammable (Ex): A black burner (alive or dead for no more than 1 week?) burns easily due to the special oils in its flesh. If lit carefully, a black burner body corpse can be kept burning as a small fire for up to X hours. If lit quickly, a live or dead black burner can be lit and thrown as a splash weapon as a full-round action, following the rules for alchemist's fire otherwise.

I can go along with that. The original creature could "slow burn" for 3d4 hours. Do we want to keep that or use a different dice with the same average (1d4+5, 1d6+4, 1d8+3, 1d10+2, 1d12+1, 3d6-3 et cetera).

I like either 3d4 or 1d6+4, not much fussed which.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Same here. Updated.

Skills: 4

Challenge Rating: 1/6? It's slightly better than a rat, with higher AC, attack modifier and blindsense.

Advancement: x

A black burner is 1 to 2 feet long and weighs x pounds.

freyar

Swim.

Sure.

Maybe no advancement, maybe let them advance to 2 or 3HD but stay Tiny.

2-4 lb based on scaling from the Baikal seal, the smallest listed (and adding a little bit to plump them up).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases