Converting Forgotten Realms monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleon

Legend
OK, sentience it is! Updated with freyar's suggested scores, plus raised Cha a bit higher like Cleon suggested.

Effective caster level 40th for the dispel darkness?

Switch silent aura to Cha-based?

I'm OK with prismatic spray from the gem. Freyar?

Do we want construction for these, or note that they are only created via divine intervention?

Methinks CL 20 would have been plenty for the dispel darkness.

Should we treat the prismatic spray as a SLA or a (Su) attack?

If it's an SLA it may not have a DC suited to its CR, so making it a Su may make more sense. Then we don't need to give it a very high Cha and it'll still get a good DC from its HD. If the latter, I quite fancy making it once every 1d4+1 rounds rather than X/day.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Absolutely! And let's stick to CL 40 for dispel darkness. I really want them dispelling dark a lot!

Skills: Climb, Intimidate, Sense Motive strike me as priorities. Want any more?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Knowledge (dungeoneering) and Knowledge (religion) seem appropriate.

Since it exemplifies "dwarvenness", give it stonecunning and stability?

freyar

Yes to stonecutting and stability.

Skill ranks: Climb 10, Intimidate 10, Knowledge (dungeoneering) 10, Knowledge (religion) 10, Sense Motive 11? A comment: Sense Motive is to help it know when adventurers are going to be heros or vandals.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Should we pepper in some Listen and Spot as well, since they are theoretically on the lookout for interlopers and would-be plunderers?

freyar

Good point. Let's drop Climb in favor of Spot. Then steal 5 ranks each from the 2 Knowledges for Listen?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Looking at this again, Int 8 feels wrong with the other higher mental stats. How about we boost Int to 10, thus giving us 102 skill ranks. That should cover our needs, methinks.

Also, we might need a single crazy-high skill or two to meet epic feat prereqs, so shall we select feats and then revisit skills?

freyar

Int 10 is fine by me. Agreed to hold off on assigning ranks till we've decided on feats. Do you have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads