Converting Forgotten Realms monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleon

Legend
So...are we finished?

It could do with a few minor revisions, in my humble opinion.

Extinctions is mispelled "exctinction" in the second paragraph of the background info.

The first sentence of the next paragraph - "Since many of the ancient structures have long since sunk beneath the earth" reads a bit strangely.

I don't think we need separate this paragraph with the previous one, why not join them together and cut out the redundant "tear down anything" bit, replacing it with some flavour about them doing massive urban destruction and earth-moving to reveal a hidden monument.

i.e.

The statues that walk were originally built as caretakers by a long-dead race. Knowing that they faced extinction from a series of plagues, the ancient race built the statues to maintain the glory of their monuments and buildings and tear down anything that would detract from them. Many of the ancient structures have long since sunk beneath the earth, but the statues know where they should be. They would move entire hills or rip apart towns to unearth a buried monument. If the original structure cannot be recovered, the statue becomes rigid and awaits new orders.

Last edited:

Cleon

Legend
Humbly revised. ;)

Now finished?

They look fine to me.

EDIT: Hold on, we should we increase the cost a bit from the standard Stone Golem's 90,000 gp.

A Greater Stone Golem is 196,000 but is a lot tougher (CR16).

How about 125,000 gp, since they're not quite as nasty as similarly CR13 Iron Golem.

Price 125,000 gp; Cost 65,000 gp + 4,800 XP.

Last edited:

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I actually meant that arcana was the right skill of the Knowledges. Gather Information seems just about right, as long as you're somewhere with some kind of sage. Or maybe Bardic Knowledge would be better, actually. Care to make that switch?

Otherwise, it's just about done.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I'd like to keep Gather Information, since it is so underutilized, but I could see adding bardic knowledge with perhaps an easier chance of success. What say you?

Cleon

Legend
I'd like to keep Gather Information, since it is so underutilized, but I could see adding bardic knowledge with perhaps an easier chance of success. What say you?

I say I'm OK with it. I'd set the DC to 30 since the information appears "Extremely obscure, known by very few, possibly forgotten by most who once knew it, possibly known only by those who don’t understand the significance of the knowledge."

How 'bout:

The secret of creating statues that walk has been long forgotten. Anyone wishing to create one must first discover the necessary information by succeeding at a DC 35 Knowledge (arcana) check, a DC 35 Gather Information check or a DC 30 Bardic Knowledge check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases