Converting Forgotten Realms monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Good on all that except Scribe Scroll. They are aquatic, after all! How about Craft Wand instead?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

Since the regular blue ring only gets Climb, Escape Artist, and Swim from racial bonuses, we'll just need to divvy up the 33 ranks between the following: Hide, Listen, Heal, Knowledge (nature), Knowledge (religion), Spot

Spells: Red shamans can cast divine spells as 8th-level clerics. A red shaman has access to two of the following domains: Community, Liberation, or Weather. The save DCs are Wisdom-based.

Typical Cleric Spells Prepared (6/5+1/4+1/3+1/2+1; save DC 12 + spell level):
0—x;
1st—x;
2nd—x;
3rd—x;
4th—x;
*Domain spell. Domains: x and x.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
5 ranks each in Hide, Listen, Spot, and 6 ranks each in Heal, Know (nature), Know (religion).

0 - cure minor wounds, detect magic, guidance, light, resistance, virtue

Cleon

Legend
Good on all that except Scribe Scroll. They are aquatic, after all! How about Craft Wand instead?

There's nothing in the Scribe Scroll feat that prevents it being used underwater, they could be scratching runes on cowie shells or something.

Besides, they've probably got waterproof ink.;)

That said, I don't mind Craft Wand.

Cleon

Legend
Spells: Red shamans can cast divine spells as 8th-level clerics. A red shaman has access to two of the following domains: Community, Liberation, or Weather. The save DCs are Wisdom-based.

I though we were giving them Community, Liberation AND Weather.

There's plenty of sorcerer-equivalent casters that get to all cleric spells and three domains to their vocabulary, so I don't see why we can't hand the Red Shaman a bonus Domain.

As for the spells, what Domain spells do you fancy?

level - community/liberation/weather
1st - bless/remove fear/obscuring mist
2nd - status/remove paralysis/fog cloud
3rd - prayer/remove curse/call lightning
4th - greater status/freedom of movement/sleet storm

Hmm, I like remove fear, fog cloud, call lightning and freedom of movement (assuming we give them the bonus Domain).

freyar

Those are fine, though I wonder if call lightning works underwater. :confused:

I'll look at the rest of the spell list tomorrow.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I though we were giving them Community, Liberation AND Weather.

There's plenty of sorcerer-equivalent casters that get to all cleric spells and three domains to their vocabulary, so I don't see why we can't hand the Red Shaman a bonus Domain.

I'd agree, if they were sorcerer-equivalents. But clerics always get two domains (unless they take a feat or prestige class that grants more).

freyar

Give them Liberation and Weather for the sample, but list all three as options. Works for me.

Then remove fear, fog cloud, call lightning and freedom of movement still work as domain spells.

I'm not much in the mood for spell lists right now, maybe tonight. :D

Shade

Monster Junkie
That sounds like a good approach.

Here's a stab at the spell list...

Typical Cleric Spells Prepared (6/5+1/4+1/3+1/2+1; save DC 12 + spell level):
0—detect magic, guidance, light, read magic, resistance, virtue;
1st—bless water, divine favor, entropic shield, obscuring mist, remove fear*, sanctuary;
2nd—aid, fog cloud*, owl's wisdom, resist energy, silence;
3rd—call lightning*, dispel magic, prayer, wind wall;
4th—control water, divine power, freedom of movement*;
*Domain spell. Domains: Liberation and Weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads