FR Heathen

kmdietri

Explorer
What was once a grassy common in the center of town has become a field of makeshift tents. The number of refugees is hard to count, more arriving each day to replace those picking up to head for civilized lands. The exiles are a mix of races and cultures, but they share a common purpose according to the villagers you overhear discussing them—all are fleeing the predation of some Dunwood cult.

As you exit the local tavern after an evening of relaxing and deciding where your next adventure should take you, you note a disturbance across the way.

The rain started that morning and shows no sign of letting up; the track through the center of town has turned to mire. As you approach the common, a shout rings out through the downpour. Sunrods light the refugee camp where a tent is pulled down. Five figures storm through the adjacent shelters as people scatter before them. You hear a child scream as a mace is raised.

[sblock=Cerric:]
What you know of the history of the Great Dale (DC 20)
In the Year of Rogue Dragons (1373 DR), the Rotting Man, a servant of Talona ensconced at Dun-Tharos in the center of Dunwood, was foiled in his plot to suckle an abomination on divine blood. For all his evil, though, Talona’s champion had watched over the ancient Nar capital’s ruins, much as the druidic Nentyarchs of previous years
had done before him. The failure of the Rotting Man’s mystical machinations and his demise woke long quiescent
demons beneath the ruins of Dun-Tharos. Since then, the Dunwood has become a far more dangerous realm of evil-looking trees.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Therez:]
What you've learned of the Great Dale through your Streetwise skill (DC 15)
The unforested portion of the Great Dale has never been much more than a wide range for goats and other hardy livestock. With threats from Narfell in the north and the demons of Dunwood, few communities remain. Yeshelmaar,
home to the druids of the Circle of Leth, is the Great Dale’s center of civilization.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ooc:]You can roll Initiative

Features of the are:
Illumination: Two of the attackers carry sunrods (bright light out to 20 squares).
Tents: Tents can be opened from any side.
Fallen Tent: This heap of canvas is difficult terrain.
Buildings: Shops and houses are blocking terrain.

Updated Map

Sorry for the dorky tokens if you have one you'd like you can send it to me, you can also decide who's who.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Initiative (1d20+4=13)

I will use my avatar as icon. For more, see the OOC thread.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Ryash
Perception: 13 Insight: 13 Normal Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 21 Reflex 16 Will 15
Hit Points: 54 / 54 Bloodied: 27
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 13 Surges per day: 11 / 11
Encounter Powers: Dance of Steel, Sweeping Blow, Earthshock, No Opening
Daily Powers: Dizzying Blow, Crack the Shell
[/sblock][/sblock]

kmdietri

Explorer
[sblock=OOC:]If you guys don't mind, I'll probably roll everyone's initiative to speed things up.

Initiative:
Oramail 25
Cerric 18
Greive 17
Therez 17
Ryash 13

The guy in L8 looks like the most pressing threat to the refugees.

Oramail, your up.[/sblock]

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Oramil wastes no time in his attack. He mentally marks his target then quickly launches two arrows at the target.

[sblock=actions]
Uses Hunter's Quarry to mark his target, then attacks using Twin Strike.

Oramail's Twin Strike attack (FR Heathen) (2d20+10=19)

Oramail's dmg roll (FR Heathen) (1d8=7)
Oramail's attack (FR Heathen) (1d10=8)
Total dmg (sorry): 15

ooc: goofed my roll. I should have an 18 and an 11 (used twin strike) and I forgot to roll the longbow's normal damage, I just rolled for hunter's quarry
And I'm not quite use to 4e yet, do you add ur dex mod to ranged attack damag? If so, mine is +5 so damage would be 20.........
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
As the other concentrate their fire on the nearest target, Ryash rushes down, seeing the opening Therez has given him, striking the enemy with his glaive.

[sblock=OOC]
Move: Move to L9
Standard: Reaping Strike (1d20+12=29, 2d4+6=9) Hit 29 for 9 damage, mark target

If the enemy is already dead, I want to change my action...
[sblock=Mini stat block]
Ryash
Perception: 13 Insight: 13 Normal Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 21 Reflex 16 Will 15
Hit Points: 54 / 54 Bloodied: 27
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 13 Surges per day: 11 / 11
Encounter Powers: Dance of Steel, Sweeping Blow, Earthshock, No Opening
Daily Powers: Dizzying Blow, Crack the Shell
[/sblock][/sblock]

kmdietri

Explorer
As your second arrow lodges into the maceman's shoulder, his swing falters and the refugees scramble to safety as the assailants seem to notice the five of you for the first time.

[sblock=OOC]
Yeah, Walking Dad is correct Twin Strike is an exception to the normal W + Mod. So for you Twin strike deals 1d10 +2 (for +2 longbow) on each hit.
So you do hit once for 15.[/sblock]

Last edited:

kmdietri

Explorer
As the dark energy washes over the two brigands one only tenses for a moment before the energy passes leaving him unscathed. The other, however nearly swoons as the dark energy courses over him leaving a slack dazed expression on his face.

[sblock=OOC]
The maceman in L8, the one Oramail hit is Dazed, and Bloodied.
You may have missed it Shaggy but two of them have Sunrods out which pretty much covers the whole map in bright light. Just incase you were thinking you needed the light

Updated Battle Map
Just so everyone is clear.
Cerric is Orange
Greive is Green
Therez is Red
Oramail is Purple
Ryash is the stone guy

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads