FR Heathen

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Cerric responds while the others are tending the wounded.

"Hail Emesha, agent of the Nentyarch. My name is Cerric, and these are my companions" Cerric points out each in turn, "Ryash is the one with the sword and the gaping wounds, Terez is over there, tending the wounded, Oramail is our archer, and Greive, is the one there, with the axe."

Cerric leans on his staff and breathes deeply for a second, then continues.

"So, the Circle of Leth is tracking these Banite scum. Does that mean you guys know where they came from and what they are up to? Does this mean that the Circle needs some of our help?"

As he speaks, Cerric pockets 2 of the gold pieces and hands a pair of gold to each of his companions. He also gives the potion to Ryash.

[sblock=ooc]Spend a healing surge to heal up.[/sblock]

kmdietri

Explorer
Emesha eyes the five of you intently before she continues.

“My companions and I are indeed servants of the Nentyarch, and yes…to all of your questions.” She pauses to step over a corpse before continuing.

“These are cultists of the Hand of Naarash, a sect of Bane that spreads like plague. The Hand seeks converts in the isolated settlements, meeting resistance with steel and fire. The cult calls the Pillars of Night their base, deep within the Dunwood, near Dun-Tharos.”

She states, scanning each of your faces as she continues.

“Our order fights the Hand of Naarash at every turn, but still the cult’s strength grows. Our hope a year ago was that striking at the heart of the cult would grant us an advantage. That hope has been dashed until now—should you decide to aid us. We need a group willing to seek a Nentyar hunter named Jaryn, lost across the Dale. Your actions here, putting yourselves in danger to defend others, make me hopeful that you might undertake this quest.”

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Therez]They're all dead, there are only minor injuries among the refugees, and the militia have taken care of most of them.[/sblock]

[sblock=Cerric]In the Year of Rogue Dragons (1373 DR), the Rotting Man, a servant of Talona ensconced at Dun-Tharos in the center of Dunwood, was foiled in his plot to suckle an abomination on divine blood. For all his evil, though, Talona’s champion had watched over the ancient Nar capital’s ruins, much as the druidic Nentyarchs of previous years had done before him. The failure of the Rotting Man’s mystical machinations and his demise woke longquiescent demons beneath the ruins of Dun-Tharos. Since then, the Dunwood has become a far more dangerous realm of evil-looking trees.[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Cerric responds "Ah, so you would like for us to head deep into the evil forest of the Dunwood, seeking tracks of your missing hunter and, presumably, if we find no sign of him or find him dead, finish his quest and put an end to the leader of this Banite sect. If we do find him you wish for us to put an end to the leader of the sect anyway, just with his help. Did I miss anything?"

Cerric speaks aloud, but he is clearly more speaking to himself, reviewing what he knows of the situation. He continues, not waiting for an answer, this time addressing Emesha.

"I suspect my companions and I will want to speak of this out of the rain and give you an answer...not before asking a great many questions...come morning. Where shall we find your noble little band?"

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Oramail's keen eyes scan the group carefully, he was curious as to how battle hardened this group was. "Jaryn." he said quietly to himself. He searched his long memory for the name.

[sblock=DM]

Wasn't sure what roll would be required. Feel free to pick out the skill and roll for me.

Acrobatics +12t, Arcana +2, Athletics +1, Bluff +3, Diplomacy +3, Dungeoneering +5, Endurance +1, Heal +10t, History +2, Insight +3, Intimidate +3, Nature +12t, Perception +12 t, Religion +2, Stealth +15t, Streetwise +3, Thievery +2
[/sblock]

Vistan

First Post
Greive observes the dialogue casually as he taps his axe on the ground a few times to shake off the last of the remnant crimson gore clinging to the blade. With a simple nod he confirms his agreement to the suggestion of getting out of the rain and following-up with the lady in the morning...

Walking Dad

First Post
As the cleric doesn't bother to answer his question, Ryash let the elemental power of the rain refresh him and he binds his wounds, but is interrupted by his cleric friend. "Thanks for your help."

In the talk with the robed humans, he just nods at Cerric's words.

[sblock=OOC]
short rest. expending a healing surge to power healing word.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Ryash
Perception: 13 Insight: 13 Normal Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 21 Reflex 16 Will 15
Hit Points: 54 / 54 Bloodied: 27
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 13 Surges per day: 10 / 11
Encounter Powers: Passing Attack, Sweeping Blow, Earthshock, No Opening
Daily Powers: Comeback Strike, Crack the Shell
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Bloodblade

First Post
Terez notices Ryash's wounds, and casts healing word to help heal his wounds "my apologies on the delay friend"
[sblock=OOC]
Ryash can spend a healing surge and regain an additional (6) hit points.
Roll Lookup
(Sorry could not get to the boards yesterday)​
[/sblock]

kmdietri

Explorer
"I suspect my companions and I will want to speak of this out of the rain and give you an answer...not before asking a great many questions...come morning. Where shall we find your noble little band?"

Peering at the sky as she responds to Cerrric, "I would expect nothing less. You can find me and my companions at the town hall. You can't miss it, it's in the center of town."

[sblock=OOC][sblock=Oramail] Can't remember anythingHistory.[/sblock]

There is an Inn called the Fox and the Pheasant where you had rooms last night, and figure you can stay there again. The night passes uneventfully if you don't do anything else.[/sblock]

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Once everyone is dry, indoors, and gathered together, Cerric asks, "So, what are we going to do about this Banite cult, and what information do we need before we leave? I want to know which questions to ask before we go to town hall in the morning."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases