Halloween Adventures?

Scribble

First Post
Anyone out there planning a Halloween adventure? Do any of you do anything "Annualy" as far as halloween goes? (roleplaying-wise)

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I've run a few spooky one-shots, but they tend to be held on New Year's Eve, not Halloween, for reasons that still elude me. Two published modules I've run for New Year's have been "Tammeraut's Fate" (dubbed by my group "Escape from Zombie Island") and "Last Breaths of Ashenport", both from Dragon Magazine.

I did run an actual Halloween horror game last year; it featured a hag taxing a small village of children, a harvest festival presided over by a mad satyr, faceless hounds, scarecrows, crazy thorn men and (of course) an evil clown. The lights were turned down, the soundtrack was suitably spooky; a good time was had by all.

jinnetics

Explorer
The past couple of years I have, and I guess it's time to think of something for this year! Is it that time already?

Here's a peek at what I've done: link

RandomCitizenX

First Post
I already have my halloween adventure planned out for the very odd Plane hopping game involving a Multiverse crossing train. Basically the train is gonna accidentally stop in Ravenloft and get infested with zombies. Should be fun all around.

Dykstrav

Adventurer
For the past sixteen years, I've managed to run I6: Ravenloft as a one-shot at Halloween. I've updated it every edition so far, but I think I'm going to go retro and do it in 1E this year.

Scribble

First Post
I'm thinking about running a 1 shot GURPS horrors game, or Maybe soemthing White Wolf... Barring that asking my friend to runa one shot Call of Cthulu game...

I love me some D&D, but I've never really felt it does horror well at all.

Remathilis

Legend
Last year, I dig Cage of Delirum (DCC 34) with the soundtrack. It took all month to finish (bi-weekly sessions, three, I think) but it was sooo worth it.

I'm tempted (based on the reviews here) to try Dread this year instead of D&D...

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Yes. I'm planning a mini adventure around the "Zhent Headless Horseman" article WoTC had a while back. It will fit perfectly with the campaign I'm running.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases