Character Template Bugs and Assistance

hafrogman

Adventurer
I have had the same issue with the white space last night when trying to update Kruk and Max. Anyone know what's going on there?
From the developer's blog, it seems they've been updating the style all over Wikia. For a while we were caught inbetween, with the logged out users seeing the old style, and logged in seeing a (possibly faulty) preview of the new style. But the changeover (for l4w, at least) has happened now, so we see the same style both ways, and the spacing issues have settled down at least.

Some formatting changes may still be needed to correct to the new style. But at least everyone will be seeing the formatting now.

garnuk

First Post
Power templates

Hi I'm new here:

Is there a list of power template for me to pick from? It would be nice if I could copy and paste the info from powers that others have already made, but I'm not exactly sure how to do that.

Thank you.

BenBrown

First Post
Hi I'm new here:

Is there a list of power template for me to pick from? It would be nice if I could copy and paste the info from powers that others have already made, but I'm not exactly sure how to do that.

Thank you.

Technically, there's only one "power template", although in practice, since no power uses all of the slots in the template, you get different ones popping up.

The templates are a bit hard to find, so here it is: Template:L4W:power - L4W Wiki

And here's what's in it:
Code:
{{L4W:Power
|Name=power name
|Frequency=Daily, Encounter, or At Will
|ActionType=Standard, Move, Minor, Free, Immediate Interrupt, etc. 
|TargetType=Melee, Ranged 10, Close blast 3, Area burst 2 within 10, Personal, etc. 
|Keywords=[Martial, Weapon, Fire, Arcane, etc. ]
|Requirement=[e.g. You must be using a shield]
|Target=[One creature, All creatures within area, Allies within 3, etc. ]
|Trigger=[An ally in range is hit by an attack, etc.]
|Attack=[+5 vs. AC, +3 vs. Reflex, etc]
|Weapon=[e.g. If you're wielding a polearm, target is slowed until next turn on a hit]
|Hit=[e.g. 1[W]+2 fire damage and allies get +2 to defenses]
|SecondaryTarget=[One creature, All creatures within area, Allies within 3, etc. ]
|SecondaryAttack=[+5 vs. AC, +3 vs. Reflex, etc]
|SecondaryHit=[e.g. 1[W]+2 fire damage and allies get +2 to defenses]
|Miss=[e.g. half damage]
|Effect=[effect text, e.g. +1 to next attack roll against target]
|Special=[special text, e.g. use this power up to twice per encounter]
|MagicItem=[yes, if the power comes from a magic item]
|PowerOrigin=[Race, Feat, Magic Item]
|Sustain=[Action and effect of sustaining]
|Aftereffect=[aftereffect text, if the power has an aftereffect]
|Properties=[Properties of the magic item]
|Critical=[Effect on a critical hit for an item]

}}
Just paste this in, replace the text in each line with the stuff you want, and remove the lines you don't use.

garnuk

First Post
Great thank you. That helps a lot.

As a follow up, is there a page of just powers sorted by race/class/level that have been collected from the various character sheets already created?

BenBrown

First Post
Great thank you. That helps a lot.

As a follow up, is there a page of just powers sorted by race/class/level that have been collected from the various character sheets already created?

Alas, no. Doing that by hand is too time consuming, and writing a script for it would just end up with all the mistakes as well as the good ones.

If you have access to the on-line compendium, I tend to copy the text out of there when I'm adding a power. Since it's on-line, cut and paste works wonders.

If you're just working out of a book, I recommend trying to find some characters of the same class or race as you and copying from there.

Faraque

First Post
I'm trying to post a character for review, and in the tables, it appears I've broken the math engine or something. It starts in the senses table, and just gets worse the lower you go.
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Rilissa_Shandalar_(faraque)
If someone could have a look at it and tell me what I did wrong, that'd be awesome.

Thanks

edit: Never mind, I figured it out. All tables have to have values in the numerical section, even if it's zero. Following the template it says to leave it blank. Blank is bad.

Last edited:

Phiktional

First Post
I am trying to get my math done at the moment. I am trying to get my HP part done and I am coming across a problem. As a Dragonborn My Surge Value should be 7 + My Con Mod. How do I accomplish this? Here is the code that I am using.

Code:
{{L4W:CS:Health

|ClassBase = 17
|Con = 14
|PerLevel = +7
|Race = 0
|Feat = 0
|Equip = 0
|Level = 1}}
<b>Surges per Day</b> 11(Class 9 + ConMod +2 )

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases