Character Template Bugs and Assistance

Erekose13

Explorer
I would just note that there's no field in the Skills template for entering bonuses from regional benefits. Perhaps a "Regional" field is in order or an "Other"/"Misc" for bonuses not covered other places.

As Regional Benefits are very similar to Feats, I'd suggest putting it in there. I don't think there is enough room in the table to fit another column.

Brain

First Post
I'm working on a character sheet and I'm wondering about something in the power summary area.

Code:
}}{{L4W:Power
|Name=Shifty
|Frequency=At Will
|ActionType=Minor
|TargetType=Personal 
|Effect=You shift 1 square

What I want to do is have "Kobold Racial Power" show up along the top line to show where the power is from. I would also like to do this for my other powers. Is there something like a |PowerOrigin= or whatnot?

covaithe

Explorer
Short answer: no, there's nothing like that.

Longer answer: No there isn't, but I've thought about adding it, and now that there's demand for it I might spend some time adding it. If I get any free time. But I've got two games to update and a checkbook to balance, so I won't get to it tonight.

Erekose13

Explorer
Thats a good suggestion, I'll work on adding it. Go ahead and us PowerOrigin as a variable and I'll make sure it shows up in the template.

Brain

First Post
Thats a good suggestion, I'll work on adding it. Go ahead and us PowerOrigin as a variable and I'll make sure it shows up in the template.

Neat, thanks.

|PowerOrigin=Kobold Racial Power

and for class powers maybe

|PowerOrigin=Rogue
|PowerType=Attack
|PowerLevel=1

or would that all be under PowerOrigin?

covaithe

Explorer
It's not listed in the keywords at the beginning of the Classes chapter in the PHB. It clearly occupies the same conceptual niche as "Rogue Attack 1".

We probably should make sure that it's possible to list a power's origin in the template, since it does have mechanical effects. Off the top of my head, I know that one of the Spellstorm mage paragon path abilities differentiates between utility and attack powers. There are probably other places.

Erekose13

Explorer
How about just a single variable called PowerOrigin and you can put what ever you want into it?

I'd throw it up in the Power name line right aligned to the far side.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases