Character Template Bugs and Assistance

Halford

First Post
Also is there a way to not get the bonus from Int or Dex when wearing heavy armor? I ended up just putting a -2 to AC in the racial section.

I added item level and item page references as well, it seems like they will be needed especially in high level play and more so if we do incorporate the adventurers vault.

covaithe

Explorer
Also is there a way to not get the bonus from Int or Dex when wearing heavy armor? I ended up just putting a -2 to AC in the racial section.

Yes, putting

|ArmorIsHeavy=yes

In your defenses template will cause the int/dex mod to be left out of the AC.

As for the powers, there's the PowerOrigin field, which could be used for, say, "Rogue Utility 5" or whatever, and would help with judging. We might want to start requiring that with level ups.

Halford

First Post
Excellent, once again great job on the templates fellas!

Is there some way to make utility powers a different color though? I think that would really help for quick scanning purposes.

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Well, we could, but... I'm not sure we want to. Color seems to be used to indicate power frequency pretty consistently across 4e, and I'm not sure we really want to add another meaning to it. I think it would just confuse matters.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Yes, I've noticed that before. Two solutions I can think of: someone plays with the template to make it able to display more than one melee and ranged attack, or put multiples of the table in your character sheet.

Unless anyone else has a better suggestion?

Tenchuu

First Post
I'm finishing up my character now. But, I've taken it a different direction then I intended when I started, so I need to change my character's name. Is there a simple way to rename the template, or do I need to just copy it all into a new template with the correct name?

Thanks,
T

JoeNotCharles

First Post
I mentioned this on the judge's list, but I'll repeat it here: in the Defenses section, the obvious "LevelBonus=1" doesn't work, it has to be "Levelbonus=1". (But just changing it would break existing sheets!) Can the keywords be made case-insensitive?)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases