Death of the dragons (OOC)

arcanaman

First Post
Gestalt is a mechanic for making characters significantly more powerful. Basically you take two classes at each level instead of one and get to select the best of everything from between the two. For example if you were to level up as Monk and Wizard, you would get the Monk's d8 hit die, the Monk's saves, and probably the Monks BAB, you would also get the Wizards spell casting abilities, etc.

My apologies if my rampant power gameing contributed to you leaving Shayuri it just seemed it was that kind of game, I can tone it down if thats not the case.:confused:
does that mean I can't get any more monk abilties after this?

Ryfte

First Post
does that mean I can't get any more monk abilties after this?

Gestalt Rules

No, you can take Monk 20 || <other classes> 20 if you wanted to do so. Be careful of xp hits though. If you were to do Monk 5 / Fighter 3 / Rogue 1 || Wizard 9... (just threw it out there... it's not likely or anything) you would have 4 base classes 2 or more levels apart and take a -80% xp penalty!!! Ouch... ;)

Ryfte

First Post
Arr, it's not you, Hellrazor. I like the story and all, but I just can't take another game full of Feral Insectile Machine Gun Neem builds.

It's just not to my personal tastes. I do wish y'all well.

Wait... did someone finally build my prototype out? A throwing master focused character that gets 248 attacks per round with no more than 124 attacks per target.

Edit: Note that I am not kidding here. :D

Halford

First Post
Ah, and there we see the difference between powerful builds and only for character opt builds!

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
Alright I have removed any vestige of Savage Species from my submission since everyone seems really unhappy with combat not taking a month per encounter. Grabhar is now just a Falchion wielding Human, complain about that biatches :-S

I was considering taking a lvl of cleric instead of rogue 3, but since hes not a claw fighter anymore, I don't really have a PrC in mind unless we can be evil :devil:

@ KerlanRayne I've already submitted a Swordsage/Rogue @ post #28 :)

@ All keep in mind that this go is only lvl 5, even though its geshtalt. In 2 years of PbP here on Enworld, I have never even seen a party gain even 1 level, let alone several. So dont overplan :)

Last edited:

Ryfte

First Post
Ah, and there we see the diffenece between powerful builds and only for character opt builds!

As crazy as it sounds ... taking out the template, making it a normal halfling and not even with insane base class / PrC mixing it's pretty frightening. So making an actual character without really over focusing on CO it still turns out quite powerful. *shrug*

hellrazor111

First Post
Currently we have:

Ryfte:
Vertexx69: Grabhar Firemane- Human Swordsage/Rogue/Warblade
KerlanRayne:
arcanaman: ??? Monk/???
SarahRequiem: ??? Bard/Druid

Money for level 5 and a +1 weapon for free, 4 base classes, and full xp penalty

also, templates/races count as a single class for this not both

I want this campaign to last to 10 levels so as long as most people are active I will keep this going.

Check my first post I've updated it.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases