Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

JoeNotCharles

First Post
"Seven Rabbit, what about you?"

"Join you? Already? I am not sure if I should tie myself to... Well, perhaps. Maybe. If the stars are right."

7 Rabbit reaches into the bag at his side, pulls out a disturbingly large sheaf of scrolls, and spreads them out over the table. The surfaces are crammed with charts, diagrams, lists and equations in cramped, tiny writing. In the center is a glorious map of the heavens, labelled with star names and festooned with circles and arrows.

"Sorry, can you please move that drink? I need room for - there, thank you. Let me see, four of us - oh, three now, too bad, I had a feeling about her, well. Now. I hope I am not trespassing on another local custom when I ask... when exactly were all of you born? To the minute, please, if you happen to know - this is important."

ukingsken

First Post
Another ale barkeep!

After retrieving his newest libation, Vashik rejoined the table.

What interest have you in my name day small one? And count me among your fellowship, withered I may be but my fury is not something to trifle with.

dimsdale

First Post
"I don't know what my birth date has to do with anything!" Kruk shouts as he slams his fist on the table making the map jump off the table. "By Bane's beard, I don't even remember anyways! Maybe you can tell me with your chart Mr. 7 Rabbit!" Kruk laughs loudly and the sighs deeply wondering if 7 Rabbit is all there in the head.

Brutoni

First Post
Merenwen studied the chaos as one of the patrons unfurled a large star chart. She wondered if he was always so obsessive about consulting the heavens... It would slow do a group. Still they looked like a group that might band together. The chances of being employed would be higher in a group as well.

Moving forwards with a slow, hypnotic grace she approached the table. A soft musical voice addressing what looked like an Elven paladin. He was certainly touched by the wild one way or another.

"Greetings, if you would be interested in the services of a ranger then i would gladly join the group." Merenwen let the suggestion hang in the air, subconciously licking her pink tinged lips.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Sorry, can you please move that drink? I need room for - there, thank you. Let me see, four of us - oh, three now, too bad, I had a feeling about her, well. Now. I hope I am not trespassing on another local custom when I ask... when exactly were all of you born? To the minute, please, if you happen to know - this is important."
Star charts? I've seen astrologers in the Imperium as well ... but never one that would be any use as an adventurer. I wonder what skills this dwarf has ... it has to be more than just consulting star charts, Riayek thinks to himself as he makes room on the table for 7 Rabbit's large scrolls. "Ah, my birth date. I don't mind, I was born some 44 years ago, but I know not what the day of the year would be on the local calendar, nor do I know the time of day. May I ask, what exactly are you trying to determine?"
What interest have you in my name day small one? And count me among your fellowship, withered I may be but my fury is not something to trifle with.
"Aha, excellent!" exclaims the paladin. "I may not know exactly what the others' talents are, but I would confidently guess you are a mage, correct? Always good to have the skills of a master of the arcane."
"Greetings, if you would be interested in the services of a ranger then i would gladly join the group." Merenwen let the suggestion hang in the air, subconciously licking her pink tinged lips.
As Merenwen makes her way over to the table, Raiyek has to try hard to hide his discomfort. She probably isn't from Veritas, I know that - they never looked so wild as her, they lived most of their lives in the cities of the Imperium, after all. But still ... am I uncomfortable simply because she's an elf? Get a grip, man - you're an elf too! Not every elf is one of Veritas' assassins.

As he's silently berating himself, he tries to show a genuine smile as he chuckles and says, "Our group seems to be growing quite large! I would certainly not turn down your offer, though I'm unsure if I should speak for the rest of our little group. But why don't you sit down while the rest decide, it seems it will be a while before any work arrives anyway." His thoughts continue to ramble onward, trying to sort themselves out. What was that saying back in Isolate Prime? 'Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer'? Yes, I believe that was it ... if she is a Veritas spy, better to keep her where I can watch her.

Dawn Raven

First Post
Les watches with slight astonishment as the crowd at the table grows by two. Now that was unexpected. Who knew such a proposition would draw so much attention. The elf that she had been standing next to went to join as did the old man who had spoken so rudely to her upon her first entrance. Her slanted eyes creased at the edges and she wondered if her suggestion had been feckless. She took her drink from the barkeep as he came over. Thanking him, the githyanki slowly walked towards the table. Each step cracked across the floorboards like a soft pop, her heavy heels and long, gaunt legs moving like an irritated cat. She looked around the tavern and her long colored braids swept across her narrow face. The exotic yellow eyes locked back upon the table and she continued to walk towards it.

Arriving at the assemblage she glances to where the red-haired elf is taking her seat. She raises an eyebrow and places one hand on her hip, tilting it outward slightly. In a laconic voice, she speaks. “What, Raiyek you couldn’t wait to replace my seat with someone of your own kind?” Her eyes blink slowly once and she holds a quick and silent monologue. No, Les, don’t speak to anyone with such opprobrium. I do not know these people nor are they my friends. It is a purely business decision to link up with such. Although a group as large as this may be likely to drive clients away as opposed to draw them. What would be the best decision here?

Not wanting her words to seem to terse, she winks at the elf and then nods with a smile to the woman.

Les looks at Vashik and presses her lips tightly together. “Greetings again, old one. Are you offering your ostentatious magic to this humble table? I am surprised, for I had thought my words left a poor impression upon you. ” The Gith stretches her long limbs above her head and lets out a short laugh. "Ah, here I am appearing filled with caustic opprobrium. I apologize. To be honest, I had not expected so many to join the table in my absence."

Last edited:

Brutoni

First Post
As Merenwen makes her way over to the table, Raiyek has to try hard to hide his discomfort. She probably isn't from Veritas, I know that - they never looked so wild as her, they lived most of their lives in the cities of the Imperium, after all. But still ... am I uncomfortable simply because she's an elf? Get a grip, man - you're an elf too! Not every elf is one of Veritas' assassins.

As he's silently berating himself, he tries to show a genuine smile as he chuckles and says, "Our group seems to be growing quite large! I would certainly not turn down your offer, though I'm unsure if I should speak for the rest of our little group. But why don't you sit down while the rest decide, it seems it will be a while before any work arrives anyway."

"Very well, My name is Merenwen. I have the pleasure of meeting...?" Her voice was delicate, soft like a passing breeze through the forest. Her purple eyes taking in everyone in the table slowly. As Les returns Merenwen's eyes go hard. Courtesy was how needless confrontations could be avoided. The wink didn't put her at ease either... "If i am in any way proving to be a problem then i will withdraw my presence.." Her voice takes on a honey tone, "I assure you that by the morning you would hardly remember me... A fleeting ghostly memory."

Dawn Raven

First Post
Les plays idly with one of her braids and looks down at Merenwen. Do I bother to mollify? I need to speak much more meticulously. The gith bursts into a smile and shakes her head.

No, do not think that. There is no reason for us to sit and bicker.
She drags over a nearby stool and settles herself at the table, playing with the corner of one of Seven Rabbit's maps. No, no need to bicker. You are Merenwen? You may call me Les, Les Ghentel. You do not carry the smell of a local, where are you from, if I may ask?

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Ah, how rude of me. With all of this excitement I'm forgetting my manners! Raiyek Meliam, paladin of Palladys. Pleased to meet you, Merenwen and ... I'm sorry, I don't believe I know either of your names, my good wizards," says the paladin, turning at the end to Vashik and Cross.

My, quite a large group indeed. There's, what, seven of us here now? Eight if that woman at the bar decides to join us ... well, what can one more hurt? Hopefully this crew won't kill each other while I'm gone, haha.

Once he has heard the two mages' responses, Raiyek takes his leave for a moment. "Excuse me, everyone. I'll return in but a moment." Leaving his helm and shield at the table, Raiyek walks over to the bar, calling to the barkeep for another wine.

As he waits for his wine, he turns to the small human woman standing at the bar. "I saw you come in, but I didn't catch your name or profession, my lady. I am Raiyek Meliam, a paladin of Palladys. You are ... ?" he says to her, prompting her to introduce herself. The elf's pleasant smile lingers on his face, he's enjoying himself once again. All these colourful people!

SeaPainter

First Post
Cross rises from his seat, and turns to face Les. Bending slightly at the waist, he tips the brim of his hat to her...
I had no intention of displacing you from your companions, Warrior...
The big, blue feather stuck in his hatband flutters madly in the breeze as he reorients him self to face the table's occupants as a whole...
A formal greeting to you all. I am known as Cross, and my talents with arcane fire are yours if you would like... but I will confess that there are not many willing to travel with my kind.
With that he takes off his hat with a sweeping flourish (affording everyone at the table a clear view of his horns & his solid, silver eyes) and bows deeply & formally before returning it to his head where its shade conceals his demonic features once more.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases