Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
A small human woman enters the tavern, a tiny thing with close cropped hair and worn chainmail. She looks about, her eyes silently drift across the faces in the tavern. She quietly slides up to the bar, and orders an ale, and some bread.

Brutoni

First Post
Merenwen Galanodel strides into the tavern, cloaked and hooded there is not much that can be seen of her lovely figure... She notices the sign and seems to ponder for a moment, "Merenwen, now would you be so good to get me some wine?" Having identified herself anyway she drops her head and shakes loose her long orange and gold hair. Energetic purple eyes surveying the tavern, she was meant to find work here?

dimsdale

First Post
As Kruk watches Cross with his "fire" thumb, he resists the temptation to ask Cross to wave his thumb by his (Kruk's) arse so that he could fart, thus creating fire of his own. He chuckles out loud at the thought. "Spell casters...." he thinks to himself, "I can't stand them, but they are respectable foes and good to have on my side in battle." Kruk then observes the group that surrounds him and wonders how they'd react in battle. He hopes he finds out soon.

Just then Raiyek asks the question about adventuring. Kruk smiles and replies, "that's why I'm here...blood, guts, loot and glory I say! What else is there to do?" Kruk hopes that something comes along soon. He had heard that this is the place to go when looking for adventure.

Dawn Raven

First Post
What is life without eloquence and poetry? Dirty cutlasses, unswabbed decks and bloody prisoners is what. It is intriguing that my gossamer words are not taken in an idyll tone by you. Although I suppose expecting less of an Imperium citizen would be off kilter. My time here in Daunton has not been harrowed, but I still hope to break the hermetic seal that holds me here—fear is such an ignominious emotion.What am I saying? Far too much, yet again. All that time at the Barracks has loosened my tongue far too much. Strangers deserve little more than a curt reference and perhaps a smile. Next thing I know one of these people will be fighting against me on a battlefield for opposing aims.

Les’s expression becomes more distant and she leans back in her chair. Her attention wanders to those around the tavern, focusing on anything but the people at the table with her.
The display by Cross brings her eyes to narrow down upon him. A wizard with quite a fortune and the old, acerbic man from earlier. Two magicians discussing mysteries are worth keeping an eye upon. Les watches them speak and wonders if they know of hidden treasures and buried magic. What sorts of secrets does one magician speak to another? Probably nothing, I have far too much imagination.

[To Raiyek on Adventuring]

[FONT=&quot]No. And not to appear iconoclastic or heterodox, but I feel that the wait simply garners the excitement. Although, there seems to be quite the competition for work here.” Les contemplates her own statement for a moment, her ideas forming and being rejected to be reformed. “Raiyek, what say you and I team up on the next client to come seeking work. Perhaps we can corner the market with a little guile.” T[/FONT]he gith looks to the two dwarves pointedly and wonders if she should ask them too. A few more hands never hurt and it was not as if mercenary work was designed to foster trust. They would likely be amenable to the suggestion, but to avoid seeming the bombast she would allow Raiyek to bolster her thoughts and offer himself. He seemed like the type that would without too much thought.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"I think I know what you're getting at, Les. I myself recently ... uh ... 'shattered some fetters', in a way ..." A strange look crosses Raiyek's face for a moment; he looks uncomfortable for the first time since entering the bar. Is that really what I have done? Severed myself from the Imperium, my home for so long? Perhaps this wasn't the wisest of plans ... And why am I revealing all of this to strangers??

He recovers quickly, though, turning to watch the pair of wizards for a moment to see what all the attraction is about (Who isn't looking at the wizards? Odd ...), and to distract himself from his troubling thoughts.

The paladin's smile soon returns when Les mentions joining up on the next contract that becomes available. "To be honest, Les, I was just beginning to think the same, haha! I believe you would be a good traveling companion and fellow in arms. And I can be fairly persuasive, should the need arise" declares the elf with a smile. "And what of you two?" he asks, turning to Seven Rabbit and Kruk. "I think Les has a point, and we're also more likely to get hired if we appear to be a team already, instead of a group of stangers," he adds with a wink.

As he's talking to the others at his table, Raiyek also notices the two newcomers to the tavern: two women, one human and the other elven. The elven woman particularly catches his eye. Fascinating ... even in all the lands I've been posted, never have I seen an elf who looks so ... wild. Where is she from, I wonder?

Last edited:

Brutoni

First Post
Merenwen noticed the other elf looking at her immediately. In the wild her perception was constant, never ending. Here in an urban pub of a strange culture, she was as aware as a stalked prey. She cocked her head to the slightly at him, the slightest of gestures. Then left it at that, she was unsure about this place and she had bowshot on most of the patrons from this part of the bar. Without turning she lifted her wine glass with a flowing delicate movement, it was slow as if she was used to spending her whole life sliding through the forest undergrowth. She lifted it to her pale pink lips and sipped, all the while her vibrant purple eyes surveying the tavern. She was certainly uneasy, these roof things put her off guard.

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk looks at Raiyek with a stern stare and states, "If this is an invitation, I accept...Who else, if any, do you have in mind to fill out this newly found fellowship of three...four if 7 Rabbit wants to join?"

SeaPainter

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Is Vashik sitting at the table with the assembling group? [/sblock]

Cross responds to the inviting gesture with a nod, and he signals a barmaid for another round as he moves to join Vashik at his table.

Dawn Raven

First Post
The Gith smiles at Kruk and turns to follow Raiyek’s eyes. The elf who had just walked to the bar looked nervous and harrowed. Les wondered where she had come from and what she was so worried about. It looks like everyone is running away from something. Or running toward something, in some cases. Turning her attention back to the table, Les speaks.
That is good to hear. The inelectuable client is bound to be interested in a group that is at least slightly familiar with one another.” Her own words causes the gith to think seriously about her situation. She pauses and wonders, how do I know one of them isn’t hired by Frosteye to hunt me down? She takes in a small gasp of air and glances from dwarf to dwarf to human. She focused on breathing in a steady manner. The gaunt humanoid brushes a bright blue braid from her face and looks around. She disguises her panic attack with a few slight coughs before standing up. Bloody pirates and their vendettas. Now if only I can find him before he finds me.I need another drink.
Booted heels clack on the wooden floors and the woman slides to the bar next to the elven woman. After giving her a suspicious look, she waves for the barkeep. “Whiskey, barkeep!

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Excellent!" Raiyek exclaims when Kruck agrees to join Les and himself. "Seven Rabbit, what about you? I'm not really sure who else would round out our group ... to be honest, I'm not even sure what sort of abilities each of us have." With a light-hearted chuckle, the elf adds, "I'm not too concerned, looks like there's enough people here to fill out our ranks when an employer happens along."

And then, all of a sudden, Les gets a strange look on her face before up and leaving. Raiyek finds himself puzzled ... right after the new group is tentatively formed, she expresses satisfaction ... but then what was that look? Something is troubling that young lady, that is for sure. And why the abrupt departure? Hopefully she's ok ... but it seems I might have to stay watchful. Something isn't quite right ... "I wonder what that was about. Something is on her mind, that's for sure," the paladin muses aloud as he takes another sip of his wine, watching Les over the rim of his chalice.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases