Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

garyh

First Post
"Oh, yeah, Mardan," Hrav replies to Brudd. "My pop and I cracked a few ribs together at his request. You coulda be one of our marks, if you were tryin' to loan shark without his blessing."

Hrav takes a long pull from his ale.

"Look, no hard feelings, eh?" Hrav asks. "It was just a job, and you obviously survived. And I'd be happy to go in on a future job together. Never hurts to have a cleric around if you end up with a knife in the guts."

[sblock=OOC]
Hope you don't mind my crossing our characters' histories, Halford. Hrav was an enforcer on Bacarte, and Brudd was once enforced. Seemed a fun match to me. :)[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
Brudd peers at Hrav and chuckles deeply,

"Sure, why not." He glances upwards, and says resignedly, "it fits. No hard feelings on my part. Now that ye mention it ye do look familiar," the Minotaur manages a weak smile, "'cept'in last time I saw ye yer identical twin brother was standin' right next te ye."

Brudd turns back to Alexander,

"How about ye Alex, fancy throwin' in yer lot with us boys from Bacarte sorta thing?"

[SBLOCK=garyh] Works for me! Gives Brudd a bit more to complain about, whenever the weather sets of his trick rib he will give Hrav a sour look, lol.[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Uhmm... why not. Alex is fine. Though you may have heard of me by the name of Duran of the claws Alexander says, tapping his claw-scarred shield, then touching his nose he adds, a bit embarassed ...you know... job name...

Halford

First Post
"Well I'll save that fer when we're tryin' to be intimidatin' and such if ye don't mind Alex. Used to have a job name meself, but nobody took Horny Brudd seriously, least ways not in the manner I was going fer..."

The Minotaur's voice trails off and he looks embarressed - in so far as this is possible for an anthropomorphic bull.

"You humans are mighty strange folk, some of the offers I got..."

Brudd's expression is a mixture of horror and disgust,

"Eeew! No offense."

garyh

First Post
"Glad to hear it, Brudd!" Hrav tells the cleric. "Barkeep, send another one of whatever my new friend is drinking his way."

Turning to the human, Hrav says "Nice to meet ya, Duran. You look like you could hold your own in a brawl, which is always handy."

Atanatotatos

First Post
Alexander looks up -a rare occurence- at the minotaur confused for a second, then bursts in a loud laughter, takes the cup of win at his table and raises it smiling wiely in front of the bull-man.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Indeed, says Alexander, still chuckling and feeling the alcohol a bit, turning to Hrav I did win some drinks arm-wrestling orcs and bugbears back at the Drowned...

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The red/violet hooded head turns to the ever growing raucous group a moment, then takes a seat at an unoccupied table.

Halford

First Post
"You've probly met my dad then, I'm Faun's son, not that it gets me a discount on booze or anything."

The Minotaur's voice becomes deeper and raspier,

"I'm doin' ye a favor Brudd me lad, ye have te learn to be yer own bull, stand up fer yerself, won't nobody in this life give ye nothing fer free."

And then in his own melancholy tone,

"Course I might get stuff fer free if me dad weren't the tightest bull this side of Allaria, stingy git. Ye'd have thought he'd give free drinks to a cleric of Hadeys to, but oh no, bah!"

He looks up to the ceiling,

"I don't suppose ye'd care te do a little smitin' would ye your godness? I'll pray extra, two, make it three hours. A little smite? No? Thought not."

[sblock=OOC]Some of you might have guessed that the inspiration for Brudd came after rereading Piratecat's excellent Defender's of Daybreak saga, and more specifically from Veledo - though the two characters are I think quite clearly massively dissimilar.[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
Recruiting for The Ebon Mirror: Dark Marks

The door swings open and a disheveled Eladrin staggers in, he looks lost and their is despair in his grey eyes. Livid bruises marr one the left side of his face and he walks with a pronounced limp.

For a moment he stares stupidly at the tavern and its odd assortment of occupants before making his way to the bar.

"Please, they told me I could find help here. I, I, have nothing to offer, but myself, but they have my Sister. A band of thugs, the Brander's they have Ashara, its been a week and nobody will help me, nobody."

His words are choked with emotion and silent tears run in twin rivers down the Eladrin's cheeks washing away a layer of grime.

He takes a breath and obviously struggles to pull himself together,

"I am Tyrion Aldalouth and I am in need of true heroes. I beg you to help me save my sister from a fate worse than death."

[SBLOCK=The Adventure]
  • This will be a combat heavy wilderness adventure.
  • The adventure should provide enough experience to reach 2nd level.
  • Maps will be provided for all combats.
  • This is intended to be the first part of a long running adventure path. Continueing participation is not required, but it would be preferred!
  • This will be my first time DMing 4.0, so please bare with me!
  • I would like to try to maintain a post rate of 1 per day per player.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases