Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Vlastos

First Post
I envy your clarity, large one, Vlastos returns in Draconic. It is akin to what is found in the epic writings that I have seen that honor the greats of your kind. For me, the path lies instead hidden in shadows save for occasional glimpses of the underlying symmetries, which I treasure. Perhaps though work will find us both soon - whom does incapacitating misfortune throw down when it comes to adventuring? Hah! Not the one who never begins! Vlastos laughs aloud as he quaffs anew.

Velmont

First Post
"I don't mind..." starts Trevor in Draconic, continuing in Common "...that you speak the dragon's tongue, but I think not everyone can understand that language here."

Vlastos

First Post
Vlastos turns to the fighting man and replies in Allarian (Common), "I understand that, good sir, but as you know I was talking to Skalisss, here. At any rate, I must confess that I didn't get your name just now. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Vlastos, Vlastos the Wizard.

Velmont

First Post
"The wizard, is that your family name?" tells the warrior. "I understand you want to speak with Skalis, but in teh business, a mercenary rarely works alone, at least if you want the interesting contract. My name is Trevor Tannen, I'm a spellsword."

Vlastos

First Post
"What's family got to do with it", Vlastos shrugs? "As for work, as I was telling Skalisss, I hope it finds us soon." He then chills his tankard with a gesture and takes a measured drink.

garyh

First Post
The door the the Hanged Man opens, and a tall, thin human in gray robes enters.

"I am Latanos, acolyte of Lauto," the older man announces. "I require a service done. If you would seek to earn the good will of the Lord of the Underworld, seek me out and hear my request."

With that, the man takes a seat at a table as deep in shadows as possible.

OOC: Interested folks should jump over to the game thread to hear more.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/244360-necromancers-skull-judge.html

JRYoung

First Post
"I am Latanos, acolyte of Lauto," the older man announces. "I require a service done. If you would seek to earn the good will of the Lord of the Underworld, seek me out and hear my request."

With that, the man takes a seat at a table as deep in shadows as possible.

Skalisss joins Latanos at his table...

Valthosian

First Post
Well Trevor mate, Steppyn sidles up to the warrior's table, That acolyte over there thinks that you'd be a valuable little addition to our forces for his little jobbie, why don't you join us since you're looking for a contract.

Velmont

First Post
Trevor, who was sharpening his sword with a stone looks at Steppyn. He put back teh stone in his pack and his sword in it scabbard before following him.

SeaPainter

First Post
The patrons of The Hanged Man may begin to notice a faint, sickly-sweet, slightly-sulfuric smokey smell coming from outside the tavern. They may (or may not) make note of that scent, just as they hear the sound of heavy boots approaching the door. One or two patrons might even look up to take note of the man, who enters a few moments later...

The "man" isn't particularly tall, but he still has to duck his head a bit to get his hat in through the door's arch. He wears his hat at a jaunty angle, and canted forward so that the wide brim shades his eyes. The large blue feather in the hatband bobs, as he throws his still burning cheroot back into the street behind him. He turns his full attention back to the room, resettling his greatcoat's heavy, leather mantle about his shoulders as he quickly surveys the tavern's remaining occupants.

Once he's satisfied with his assessment of his surroundings, he makes his way to the bar. He slides a few coppers across the wooden surface, and leans in toward the bartender speaking in a gruff quiet voice... the words meant for his ears alone. The intent of his communication becomes clear, when the barkeep produces a foaming pint and sets it on thecounter. The "Man in the Hat" takes his mug, and makes his way across the room to an empty table in the back...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases