Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

dimsdale

First Post
"Blessings of the fjord? Do any of you know what he's referring to? I'm afraid I'm new to this area, I don't believe I've heard of this fjord before."

Kruk ponders the question and then states, "Beats me...but if it has to do with a fresh mug of ale, then bless away!" Kruk takes a drink and then states: "I"m not one to take handout without returning the favor. You do something nice for me, I'll have your back in battle!" Kruk eyes all at the table nodding his head to each person, end then finally he lifts his mug to Cross. As Kruk is doing so, he thinks to himself that he is not so sure that some members at the table would be so kind to have his back in battle.

OCC: How do you create the boxes around what other people say when you submit replies to questions?

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Hitting the "Quote" button at the bottom right of each post will put that post in the quote box. To make spoiler blocks like this one type
{sblock=Whatever} This text is the inside of the block {/sblock}
but replace { with [. Also, hitting the quote button will show you the code for anything they did in that post. Have fun![/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Seven Rabbit settles back into his chair, happy for the focus to be taken off of him for a while before he started having to dodge awkward questions. The gith asked a good question, though; how was he going to proceed in his search? For now, best to listen and learn something of the people and customs here.

Dawn Raven

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Is Cross currently trying to hide himself or are his horns and tails out in the open? [/sblock]
Lord Sessadore said:
"A pleasure to meet you, Les," says Raiyek…The paladin lets out a chuckle. "'Holy man from the Imperium' - that makes me sound a good deal more important than I am! Perhaps I'll regale you with my dry tale sometime, but suffice to say that I am here seeking excitement after too long without,"
And a pleasure to meet you too, Raiyek. Les nods in response to his answer, the cogs in her head whirring and analyzing every word. He must not hold a very high position, but it’s almost as he hints at holding some position. Of course, being in the Imperium he likely views being a citizen as a position. If the paladins are looking for excitement than the state of their nation is much worse than I thought. I knew that the Veritas had slowed military campaigns, but I did not know that the Imperium had stopped trying to “smite the darkness of the uncivilized” through singular paladins. I had heard that there were some rumblings amongst its citizens about this. I wonder what Raiyek’s opinion on it is…surely that is not something you bring up upon first meeting though.
Lord Sessadore said:
"I am satisfied with just this drink for now, thank you," he says in reply to Les. Raiyek sits in one of the empty chairs at the table, and his posture maybe relaxes just a hair ... it's hard to tell, however, as he still sits almost perfectly straight. "Greetings Kruk, greetings Seven Rabbit," says the paladin, offering a small seated bow to each. "A pleasure to meet you both, I'm sure. What brings the two of you to the Hanged Man?"

The girl shrugs and resumes a relaxed position in her chair. “The Hanged Man, where excitement is said to be on draft. Or at least that’s what I’ve heard.” Les looks around the place and frowns slightly. “Although it looks relatively innocent now; I see no barroom fracases or gauche men trying to buy me a drink---wait…nevermind.” Les quiets herself for a moment, thinking again. Sometimes I talk far too much.
Les smiled to herself after realizing she was not alone in being unable to pinpoint the man’s reference. However, she was not about to reveal her own ignorance of anything. Kruk’s comments almost drew a short laugh from her. That can’t be true. No one is that gullible. But I can see what he is intending to say. That man must either have hidden intentions or simply has a good heart. If he has other intentions they must in no way include myself, I do not know anyone here. This thought is followed up by a quick look around to see if Les sees anyone from Frosteye’s crew. She shakes her head and orders another cup of wine. I am getting far too nervous.
So, Kruk was it, what brings you to the Hanged Man? Do you seek fortune, fame or excitement?” Not wanting to seem like the creepy girl digging everyone for information, Les continues from this. “Myself, I am here for it all. I seek the glitter of gold and the exploration of new places. Of course, why travel when you can have someone else pay you to do it? My fetters to this town must be violently broken and my feet must be moved to places far and wide. Of course, the glory and fame can keep to themselves. I’d much rather that I avoid the attention of some.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Myself, I am here for it all. I seek the glitter of gold and the exploration of new places. Of course, why travel when you can have someone else pay you to do it? My fetters to this town must be violently broken and my feet must be moved to places far and wide. Of course, the glory and fame can keep to themselves. I’d much rather that I avoid the attention of some.
Hmm ... avoid the attention of some, eh? I wonder what it is she's running from. But then, I suppose I could say I 'wish to avoid the attention of some' as well. I'd guess over half the people in this establishment wish the same as well, he thinks with another mental chuckle.

"The way you say that is interesting, Les. 'My fetters to this town must be violently broken and my feet must be moved to places far and wide.' You make it sound as though it's necessary, not just a wish of yours. And 'violently broken' too," the elf adds a wink, "Most poetic. Poetry and pragmatism in the same breath, very interesting. But what else would you expect here, than interesting people?" Raiyek lets out a hearty laugh, his wide smile still plastered on his face. The elf is clearly enjoying himself here.

SeaPainter

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Is Cross currently trying to hide himself or are his horns and tails out in the open?

Cross normally makes the effort to conceal his horns & tail, unless he's with people he knows and trusts... however a big coat and large, floppy-brimmed hat aren't the best disguise in the world. I don't think Ben Grimm or the Ninja Turtles ever fooled anyone (and what was up with Superman and that lame "pair of glasses" disguiseB-)).

Anyway, I'm sure if anyone really made the effort they'd see through the concealment. Its mostly to keep the locals from running for torches & pitchforks... especially considering the feelings about "demons" where he's from.
[/sblock]

A small grin breaks out on Cross's face. It seems my little diversion has done the trick... he thinks, inwardly pleased with himself. The crowd appears less intent upon Seven Rabbit. Now he appears to be more relaxed, yet from his face it is obvious that something still vexes him.

Suddenly distracted with his thoughts, the grin is wiped away. Cross pulls one of his cheroots from the pocket of his greatcoat...
Anyone mind if I smoke?
...without waiting for a reply, he snaps the fingers of his right hand while muttering the phrase "flicum bicus"... and a small flame springs to life on the tip of his thumb, from which he lights his smoke.

Last edited:

ukingsken

First Post
Looking up for the first time in what seems like an eternity Vashik looks at cross and asks rather pointedly

Got a light?

And with his usual grim facade produces a self rolled cigar and extends it towards cross.

SeaPainter

First Post
Looking up for the first time in what seems like an eternity Vashik looks at cross and asks rather pointedly

Got a light?

And with his usual grim facade produces a self rolled cigar and extends it towards cross.

Cross gives a shrug, and extends his thumb to Vashik...

ukingsken

First Post
Thats a handy trick. Then again so is throwing coin around to keep the ale flowing. Name's Vashik Ir'Gannadol but most just call me Vashik One Eye.

He takes an appreciative draw from his cigar and motions for cross to join him at his table.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
After watching for a moment the ancient old man and the tall one who is obviously trying to hide something, Raiyek returns to the conversation at his table. "So, has there been anyone here seeking adventurers recently? I certainly hope that someone comes before too long ... not that I don't enjoy talking with all of you! Just that I have spent too long waiting in my life, that's all."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases