Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

grislyeye

R.G. Wood
A handsome eladrin stumbles off his chair near the fire, nearly spilling his ale.

"Danger you say? I, Riar'lon, princeling of the Isle of the Fey Court, will aid you, Tyrion."

He pauses.

"Thea! Once I've sobered a little"

Phoenix8008

First Post
The Githyanki woman watches silently as the Eladrin enters the Inn and begins to speak. As he continues though, a spark lights in her dark eyes as her emotions swell. Putting her drink down slowly, she pushes her chair back from the table and rises to her full six feet of height. She walks with grace over to the disheveled man.

"They are called 'Branders'? Do they actually brand their captives? As in marking livestock for sale? If you say she has been their captive for a week, then she has already experienced a fate worse than death more than likely. I was a slave to others myself once, you see." she draws her scimitar and holds it out between her and the Eladrin. "This was the sword of the leader of those slavers who killed my parents and captured me. It hasn't left my side since I took it from him and ran him through with it. So I would gladly offer my help to aid in the destruction of these thugs who take free people and make them captives or slaves, and in securing your sister's life and freedom from their clutches."

Her eyes flicker over to look at Riar'lon before finishing, "And I am available to serve you starting now."

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
Relief floods Tyrions face, he wipes away his tears and says in a deep chocked voice,

"Thank you, thank you, we came here to ask for help, and then Ashara was captured, and nobody would listen to me. They caught us on the road, they left me for dead, I tried to save her I did not want to leave her, but there were too many of them."

He sniffs and draws himself up to his full height - just shy of six feet - in turn looking Riar'lon and the Githyanki in the eye.

"I had not thought to find anyone who would help me, I had almost given up hope. You have my undieing gratitiude, though I fear it will take more for us to present a serious threat to the Brander's."

He shudders,

"I asked about them on my journey here, they do indeed brand their victims, they place their weapons in hot coals and then use them to leave their dark mark - though I do not believe they sell people. I met one of their former victims a shepherd woman who cannot look at a man without crying... I cannot think of what they are doing to Ashara, I can only think of her rescue, and pray that she is not beyond saveing."

Tyrion shakes his head as if to clear away black thoughts,

"I am afraid that I will be of little use other than as a guide, I am a bowman with little talent for the sword and my hand is ruined. Again my friends, I am eternally in your debt. Thank you."

[sblock=OOC] Both Riar'lon and Kama'zer seem like good fits for this adventure, I am looking for five PCs so we'll see who else bites![/sblock]

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
Brudd sniffs uncomfortably at the Eladrin's pathetic display, looking a little anxious he turns to his new comrades,

"There'll be enough do gooders around to help him out right? I don't want to be out playin' around in the woods when someone comes in offerin' real money. Besides she's probably already with Hadeys and he don't look like he can afford the return fee."

garyh

First Post
"Yeah, Brudd," Hrav replies. "It's probably already too late for the poor thing. And I don't charge what Hadeys does, but I don't think this guy can even afford me."

[sblock=OOC]Heh, Hrav and Brudd aren't doing much for the reputations of Bacartans in Daunton right now. ;) [/sblock]

garyh

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Well, we are ignoring a plea for help with rescuing a poor girl from slavers.

Of course, you're running the adventure and I'll be Judging it, so we've got have some reason to keep Hrav and Brudd at the Hanged Man. ;) [/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
A sad story indeed says Alexander, looking sincereley concerned. But the place is new and heìs already found some companions, and minotaurs and hobs are far more familiar to him than eladrins and... what is that woman anyway? He looks at Hrav and Brudd, clearly uninterested, and decides to wait for another job...

elecgraystone

First Post
Ts'iri pushes in the door to the bar and says "Name's Ts'iri" She's an Odd looking Githyanki girl, shorter and not as thin as most and wearing fine dark red clothes that look 'Arabian'. She long black hair in one braid that reaches past her waist. Green spots can be seen framing her face. A strange silver amulet around her neck stands out.

She'd seen an Eladrin quickly enter in front of her and was interested to see why he was in such a hurry. Scanning the room, she sees him quite animated and talking to two others. She's half way to him before she notices that one of them in Gith. Now she had two reasons to curious. She walks over to them to see what is going on.

Erekose13

Explorer
"I believe that I might be of service young sir. I'm Callen Stewart. Terrible to hear your story and I hope that I might be able to help these two free your sister." offers the robbed gentleman as he approaches the eladrin and gith.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases