Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

rumleech

Explorer
Mr. Bricks brings the drinks back from the bar and no one can fail to notice that he has foregone his usual ordinary wine for a firewine, "Well, if we're going to toast our future ventures and the wealth they'll bring us I can hardly stint, can I?"

Rathan

First Post
Patronis takes his drink and raises his glass to Mr. Bricks' toast yet he does not interject words as not to jinx himself or the other... he just brings his glass to his lip and sips a short sip and places his glass back on the bar beside him....

pathfinderq1

First Post
The front door of the tavern slid open, perhaps a bit more slowly than normal. After a moment, a young human woman was visible in the doorway, pausing as she carefully looked around the room- almost as if she was looking for someone.

Then she slowly but firmly shook her head, squared her shoulders, and marched across the room to stand beside the bar. She appeared to be human, perhaps a bit shorter than average, with almost unnaturally pale skin and black hair cut into a ragged curly mop. She wore a high-collared black coat, embroidered in a brocade of twining vines, and a sword rested in a harness across her back.

Once she reached the bar, she did not voice her name as most newcomers seemed to do- instead she waited until the bartender stepped close, then laid a small paper card on the bar, along with a silver coin. The bartender picked it up, then looked the woman over more closely- she pointed once to the card, then once to herself. With a shrug, the bartender read the card aloud to the room. "Miranna, called Stormsong." Then he passed the card back and pocketed the coin. The young woman gave a heavy sigh, as if greatly relieved, then leaned against the bar and turned to survey the room in more detail...

Rathan

First Post
[Sblock=ooc] ok.. I'm going to run with this as it's what my character would do in this situation.... but please if this offends you as a player pathfinderq1.. let me know and I'll just 180 it and leave it be LOL[/sblock]

Patronis notes the woman at the bar and how she needed to be..... introduced... before them all and perked a brow.... moving slowly over to her she would note all visable parts of his body were scared in ornate tattoo like patters of tribal nature.. some even spelling things in elven and infernal..... after a moment to gather his thoughts on how to approach one who needs introduction he speaks...

So my young lady is it that you feel you are so important you need introduction?.... or are you mute?... daft maybe?... little slow?... shy perhaps? the warlock uttered... at times his 'brain filter' was not always set to the 'kind' setting.. most often Patronis spoke his mind and especially after his transformation to his new found power in invoking the infernal powers of a warlock.... he stood there before the girl as if what he said had no negative cogitation what-so-ever.

rumleech

Explorer
Smiling at Patronis' almost impertinent directness, Mr Bricks says in sotto voice "Come friend, I'm sure the Lady will accommodate us with the story of her life when she feel more secure in our company." Then he turns to the newcomer and says "We were just toasting good fortune and good fortunes Miranna, called Stormsong, we'd be 'appy for you to join us."

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar just shakes his head as the warlock begins his interrogation. He quickly agrees with Mr. Bricks with a suggestion of, "Please come join us and ignore our friend here. He can be a little blunt at times..."

pathfinderq1

First Post
No one else, save these few, seemed to have taken even the slightest notice of her entrance, and her introduction. Perhaps, in a tavern like this one, where newcomers were expected to announce themselves (in some fashion), the regulars were so jaded, so inured to the process that only the most outlandish introductions would attract their attention... That idea, pursued only a bit, made it just as likely that these folk were new here, as she was.

Miranna inclined her head in a brief nod of acknowledgment to each of the three who had spoken. Then she dared a few words of reply- her voice was barely even a whisper, hardly audible over the ambient noise of the bar. Only those closest to her could hear it, though the others would see her lips moving. And even at such a low volume, the voice was barely recognizable as human speech- half a purring growl, and half a rasp that sounded nearly painful. "Most folk find my tone distressing- but I'll drink with you, and I listen well enough."

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I dont know if any/many judges are following this but is there another character close to approval? I'd be glad to run the adventure with an extra player if it means only waiting another little bit [/sblock]

rumleech

Explorer
"Come and sit down with us then, if you don't want to talk then I'm sure we can all be braggart enough at need," with this Mr. Bricks winks at his companions, "and don't worry about the tone of your voice. We're in the middle of the city, however bad you thinks your voice is, we'll hear a lot worse afore the night is out."

pathfinderq1

First Post
Miranna gave a nod to the presumed welcome, and a wave of greeting to the others at the table. She sat down carefully, making sure her sword harness did not catch on the back of the chair.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases