Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

fireinthedust

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
Blimey! I don't know. I'd really like a cleric to come with us but as Shalya appears to have fallen off the face of EnWorld I think I'd have to go for Emral for the control we get with a wizard. (Sorry to the rest of you)

What?! *Only* for the control?! Do you have any idea what I'm-- no, don't shush me
Well, you're not helping things, that's our DM. Sorry, he gets like this, but he's really a nice guy.
What do you expect? He's thinking of passing me over for that cleric!
Because that's what the party needs; and she seems like a really nice cleric. We're not even fully approved yet. Also, she arrived here first and we're not cutting in line as a first impression. We're here to make friends, have a good time...
I *am* having a good time, or I was. I'm a master of the elements, scion of the primordial forces that course through every fiber of my being.
I don't think you're using Scion correctly. Your parents were human.
That's beside the point which, as I was trying to make it, IS... uhm...
master of the arcane
*Master* of the arcane, I weave strands of the very fabric of the Universe around my nimble fingeeerrss... y'know, this isn't... this isn't going to work. I can't... oh, don't put on that face. Don't give me that sad player face. We just met these people... There's another adventure about to start... with puppies... in the... fine
Woo-hoo! Yeah, we'll take whatever adventure is offered.
So humiliating

(shhh)

Emral will wait for the next game, skipping over the Jade Lands adventure and waiting his turn in line! :(

Seriously, I'll go with the flow here (having watersoul in Emral, he's good at that), so whoever wants me...

[/sblock]

EDIT:

Emral drops some coin in front of the barkeep and, from his seat, causes a flagon to float over to his table. He takes a loooong pull, smacking the foam off his lips, and does a rough count of the potential adventurers, judging by who arrived first.

Well, I wonder who'll show up next. Excuse me, miss Brightleaf? I, uh, don't suppose you know how all this works? I mean, do people just show up and ask us to go exploring or fight a dragon or something?

Last edited:

Malanore

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Yes, sorry, went to sleep right after I posted, then work, and had something of an emergency to take care of this evening as well. I'm actually quite diligent, really. This post won't be as long as I would like, but don't want people to think I've vanished already either[/sblock]

Shayla not seeing what she appeared to be looking for after a moment appears to relax a bit and finally pulls the hood of her cloak back revealing long blonde almost white hair and pale skin.
She nods politely and smiles to the man with his hair on fire who doesn't seem to care, but stays close to the door.

Hearing the dragonborn's words however she does get up and approach. "If you are in need of a clerics service, I assure you I am quite capable and I would enjoy the chance to work for your lord. Please, where do I sign up?"

[sblock=Character Sheet] Shayla Brightleaf [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]also should I send another email to the judges about my character sheet or do you think they are just really busy. It's been about 3 days since I first sent it[/sblock]

[sblock=yet another ooc] Guess he already left, just catching up on everything, if the rest of the party would like my services I'll come on over and thanks Atanatotatos for stepping out, I am suddenly humbled by the people on this board [/sblock]

Last edited:

Ozymandias79

First Post
OOP: Judge here, in the email you send for requesting approval, PLEASE post a link or the address to your character's page as it makes it easier for approvers and judges to find your character and to review it.

KenHood

First Post
Well, looky here, says an oily voice, Adventurers.

Somehow it makes the last word sound like a skin disease.

You turn and see a skull lord has entered the bar. It wears an elegant jester's costume, green and purple. Its staff is topped with three ringing bells, radiating the energy of death and damnation.

Ah, yes, says the leftmost skull, It's almost a heart-warming sight--if we had a heart--

Oh, yes, indeedie-do, interrupts the rightmost skull.

They're like little fledgling chicks chirping in the nest, waiting to gobble up momma's vomit, just moments away from being pushed out into the void to see if they fly or splat like overripe watermelons, continues the leftmost skull.

Ooooh! Can we give them a little push?

Sounds good to me!

The three skulls chuckle.

The middle skull speaks...

Greetings effeminate girly-men sissy-boys. Perhaps you wish to hide in the shadows of this lackluster establishment and drown your sorrow at your own inneffective and meaningless existence in the horse urine that passes as ale. Or perhaps you wish to grasp at some straw of--well, I won't call it fame or heroism in your case--let's just say 'less inneffectiveness and meaninglessness', because--face it--it just won't get any better for a slob like you.

Careful, Fred, you're going to make them cry, says the leftmost skull.

If you think you've got the intestinal fortitude to be a REAL adventurer, then prove it. At TURTLEDOME!. We'd throw down a gauntlet, but we're afraid your puny arms would be too weak to pick it up.

With that, the three skulls laugh. The skull lord, bells a-ringing, kicks his heels and exits the building.

But not before the rightmost skull turns and adds, Bite my bony butt, meat-boy!

Atanatotatos

First Post
Hadarai grins at the embarassing display. He had heard about this "Turtledome" arena. Maybe it was a good way to earn some financial means. Also, the group following the Dragonborn commander had become too numerous and not really militarily-organized for his tastes.
So. Any of you want to accept the challenge of these uncivilized brutes?

[sblock=recruiting a group]Who's up to make a little efficent party for the arena? Hadarai is a tactical warlord(sheet is in the signature). Which means he can help any meleer with a strong basic attack to really lay destruction on the battlefield.[/sblock]

weldon

Explorer
I, for one, could use a little money, and I've never lost a fight. Well, at least a fair one.

Finnian stands up and moves around the table to extend his hand to the Eladrin.

Finnian, I'm called, sir. Now how do we go about this?

[sblock=OOC]Finnian is a half-elf Ranger (Beast Master). Longsword and dagger in melee and powers to make two attacks and shift spaces on the battlefield. I'm new to 4E, so I might need a little guidance. Haven't played regularly since 2nd Edition.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases