Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]the forming party seems to want to undertake the minion challenge, so I'll step down for now, since a warlord would be pretty useless in a fight against a ton of minions. You're better off with as many wizards and fighters as you can[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=Pft!]You should still do it, A. Warlords provide extra attacks. Even if your character isn't 'optimized' for a minion battle, you can still have a lot of fun. And someone needs to protect the casters from the flying skeletons.

Did I just write flying skeletons?

No, that would be silly.

There will be no flying kamikaze skeletons. :angel:

And a high Charisma character can spend actions whipping up the crowd into a frenzy, which will provide some serious benefits for the party.

AND your character can't die, so you don't lose anything in the fight.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ken]not much. Hadarai's only mean of providing attacks is Commander's strike, and that's hardly an extra. He's all about boosting damage and to-hit on big powers, but with minions... Honestly I think he'd be pretty useless save for the healing. Though, if he's needed to complete a party...
Btw I'm reading the closed eye (I took a long time, I know) and I'm laughing my bowels out with Palindrome :D... [/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=Atanatotatos]
Btw I'm reading the closed eye (I took a long time, I know) and I'm laughing my bowels out with Palindrome :D...
Hee! Thanks!

I can promise you that the 'minion' fight will end up with things to do for a non-area attack character. I don't want to give away too much...[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]well, in that case... I'm not sure who the group would be composed of, anyway. I'm pretty sure of a beastmaster and a wizard, but then...? [/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
[sblock=anatotatos] Aw, but you gots ta come!!! a) I've never seen a warlord in action, and I've heard they're wicked-sweet, and b) I'm sure the other fights can be done as well. I mean, once we go through those skeletons, there's the badger-headed guys, and that Kobold.

Also, I'm all over 100 skeletons, as long as it's not at once. I mean, two wizards and two melee (and whoever else we can dragoon into this) means loads of xp if we survive.

As an added bonus, I'll eventually finish exams and get down to inking some drawings. If this group gells into a regular party, I'll do a group shot (and hope it doesn't totally suck). We need a fifth, tho, I'm thinking.[/sblock]

Reklaw

First Post
Atanatatatotatos

[sblock=OOC]
Atanatotatos... You say Atanatotatos and I say Atanatotatas... Sorry had to do it. You should definitely come though, the more the merrier, right?

Two wizards, a ranger, and a warlord so far, right?

Do we need anymore? I'm guessing one more should be good. BTW, I'm not approved yet but I just fixed up my character sheet so hopefully I'll be approved shortly. Hope that isn't a problem?

Looking forward to my first D&D adventure in YEARS, haven't played in a while and 4th Ed looks like it will be interesting. I should be fairly responsive but sometime life gets busy so if I don't respond just send me a PM and that should help.

Thanks for the help with the SBLOCK html Weldon!

Can't wait!
[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
Atanatotatos... You say Atanatotatos and I say Atanatotatas... Sorry had to do it. You should definitely come though, the more the merrier, right?

Two wizards, a ranger, and a warlord so far, right?

Do we need anymore? I'm guessing one more should be good. BTW, I'm not approved yet but I just fixed up my character sheet so hopefully I'll be approved shortly. Hope that isn't a problem?

Looking forward to my first D&D adventure in YEARS, haven't played in a while and 4th Ed looks like it will be interesting. I should be fairly responsive but sometime life gets busy so if I don't respond just send me a PM and that should help.

Thanks for the help with the SBLOCK html Weldon!

Can't wait!
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]

I'd like a Defender of some sort. Two wizards means low AC, and whoever we fight (especially piles of them) are likely to claw us to death easy. With a Ranger and an Eladrin jumping around the field, it'd be nice to have cover and backup. A Paladin would be a healer, a Fighter would have Cleave. Either one should be fun.

Yeah, I'm psyched about this, too. I wonder what the terrain will look like: pillars? Standing atop a zuggarat?

I plan to RP while we bash, if everyone's cool about it. :D [/sblock]

weldon

Explorer
Hey. My arm's getting tired here. Can we get a fifth and get moving?

[sblock=OOC]It would be nice to get started, but the impatience is only roleplaying, well mostly roleplaying. I'm psyched out of my mind about this next idea - vegetable minions. Maybe onion minions.

I'm planning on talking up a ton of trash, but expect some stunned silence when Finnian figures out why the arena is called Turtledome and that you guys are talking about actual skeletons. He's a little bit of a hick, you see.
[/sblock]

Reklaw

First Post
Drivan stands outside of the tavern waiting for the rest of the party. He looks back and forth down the street, obviously unsure of which way to go...

"I do wish they'd hurry up, it's been a while since I've had an excuse to throw around some real magic..." He mutters to no one in particular.

[sblock=OOC]Can't wait for the massive amounts of minions either, should be fun! Here is my character sheet btw in case anyone is curious. Is there any fighters or pallys that you know of? I agree that we probably need some decent AC, don't have that many control spells to keep from being hit...[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases