Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Drivan seems pretty good for this kind of challenge: Scorching burst, Force orb, freezing cloud will do very well against loads of minions[/sblock]

Reklaw

First Post
Drivan leans against a nearby wall and begins flipping through his spell book. Flipping through it doesn’t take very long as there are only a few written pages. He finally picks a page and sits down, appearing very focused on the page. He begins mouthing words and occasionally makes a strange gesture with his left hand. After a few minutes he seems to be satisfied and stands back up, watching the still open door of the tavern with an impatient but excited look on his face.

mohalloran

First Post
The doors to the tavern give way to a very large woman. Standing over seven and a half feet tall, Vaunea enters the tavern hardly unnoticed. In case anyone in the tavern didn't look her way upon entry, she belts out "Anyone need fight. I need prove worth. Axe not dirty. Wants to draw blood." She then heads over to the bar eyeballing each person in the tavern, waiting for someone to answer her.

About the time people realize what has happened, the focus is brought to the Minotaur that just entered the tavern. It looks as though the Minotaur before you not only sharpens her battleaxe, but she might also sharpen her horns.

[sblock='OOC']I'm new here. 1, I'm not approved yet, but have sent my character to the judges today. 2, how do I create the OOC boxes?[/sblock]

[sblock='Edits']Sorry for the edits, I thought I saw the PHB2 as OKed. I have gone back and changed the character to a Minataur.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Reklaw

First Post
[sblock=OOC]To create the OOC block put "sblock='title'" in brackets, the 'title' can be whatever you want, to create an OOC block it should be OOC. To terminate your OOC block simply put "/sblock" in brackets at the end.[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
The doors to the tavern give way to a very large woman. Standing over seven and a half feet tall, Vaunea enters the tavern hardly unnoticed. In case anyone in the tavern didn't look her way upon entry, she belts out "Anyone need fight. I need prove worth. Axe not dirty. Wants to draw blood." She then heads over to the bar eyeballing each person in the tavern, waiting for someone to answer her.

Emral's eyes light up (literally, as he's a Genasi of the fiery persuasion) at the sight of the Goliath. Rubbing his palms together he grins.

Perfect! Do I have an adventure for you! We, uh, we need a warrior with an axe to, uh, fight many foes! Heap-big reward!

[sblock=ooc]Yeah, we were just looking for a Defender to join us. We're going to enter a light-hearted arena battle called Turtledome; there's a thread started, but the DM is going to start a new one when we have enough players for it.
If you join: 1) loads of xp, 2) we can rp the characters as the fight goes on; like Gladiator, I dunno. Also the usual rewards of fame, glory, and experienced PCs, and potential treasure. If we do all three battles the DM has prepared, we could make 2nd level fast?
Basically we've got two wizards, a warlord (i hope) and a ranger, but no Defender.[/sblock]

weldon

Explorer
Finnian mouth hangs open as Vaunea pushed him out of the doorway, barely noticing as pressed himself to the side trying to make himself smaller as her massive frame filled the entryway.

Well, that does it, right? Haderai, Emral, Drivan, and myself could use another hand to take on this Tortoise Doom group in a little spectacle they've set up. If you're handy in a fight (and by the looks of you, I'd say you'd better be), we need a fifth.

mohalloran

First Post
"Good. Vaunea has axe. You need axe. You lucky Vaunea stop here today." Vaunea says without any sign of sarcasm. "Fire man very lucky indeed."

After giving some pause to hear the words from the Half-Elf's mouth, Vaunea responds "Tortoise Doom? This no sound like fair fight. Five of us versus this one tortoise? I will go. But if fight not fair, Vaunea will no kill helpless tortoise. When we leave to find fight?"

[sblock=OOC]Yes, I am in for the adventure. I saw that you 4 were looking for a defender, and I had been looking for an excuse to make one, so aren't we lucky.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Just popping in to say that we'll do our best to get all you new folks approved as soon as possible ... but there is a lot of you! ;)[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Hadarai looks at the woman's complexion and weapon with clinic eye. Uhm. I guess she can be worked with. Though I guess this group needs some more cohesion. And discipline. he comments,though not in an arrogant tone, but rather like a plain aknoledgement of reality.

[sblock=ooc]out-of-character, this means: would you be so gentle to post a link to your charactes? I'll be able to do my job as a warlord better if I know what your pcs can do in battle. My link is in my signature. Thanks![/sblock]

Remove ads