Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=mohalloran]Thanks. If I may make a suggestion, since Vaunea isn't approved yet, I'd advise you to change sure strike for brash strike (from martial power). It's much, much better, especially with your stats.
Regardless, with her powerful basic attack, Vaunea will love all the extra attacks Hadarai will give her (commander's strike).Just try to flank with Hadarai as often as you can![/sblock]

Xer0

First Post
Finnian mouth hangs open as Vaunea pushed him out of the doorway, barely noticing as pressed himself to the side trying to make himself smaller as her massive frame filled the entryway.

Well, that does it, right? Haderai, Emral, Drivan, and myself could use another hand to take on this Tortoise Doom group in a little spectacle they've set up. If you're handy in a fight (and by the looks of you, I'd say you'd better be), we need a fifth.

Solon stops briefly in front of the door to the tavern, looking to the man who stood just outside the door. "Hello," he said with a quick nod before walking through the door, only to be stopped by massive hairy bulk of something blocking the doorway.

Setting his pack on the ground with a clatter of metallic sounds as his armor settles, he gently prods the back of the thing in front of him with the pommel of the sheathed sword in his hand. "Your pardon Gentlecreature, but you block the doorway. Might I ask you to move so that I may enter?"

Reklaw

First Post
Drivan raises a hand in acknowledgement, “Greetings.” Drivan’s eyes widen slightly as he peers closer at the young man, muttering an incantation under his breath he squints and then looks away, seemingly satisfied. He yawns, reaching back to the cloth that hangs across his shoulder he flips it forward, bringing it up as a hood to shade his eyes as he slumps back against the wall. He crosses his arms over his knees and rests his head against his arms.

mohalloran

First Post
[sblock='Atanatotatos']Thanks for that. When I first looked at making this character, she was wielding a blade, and so I didn't take Brash Strike for the extra damage. Should have gone back and looked at that when I reworked the character.[/sblock]

Turning around to meet Solon face to face, Vaunea says, "Oh. Is you fighting tortoise as well? He looks like he use weapons." Vaunea moves to the side to allow room for the Paladin, and future patrons, to enter the tavern.

Xer0

First Post
Turning around to meet Solon face to face, Vaunea says, "Oh. Is you fighting tortoise as well? He looks like he use weapons." Vaunea moves to the side to allow room for the Paladin, and future patrons, to enter the tavern.
Solon bows his head to the Minotaur. "Thank you." He turns back to the Minotaur after entering into the Tavern proper. "Tortoise? I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about. I am Solon, formerly of the Kingdom of Jade. My brother, who should be along shortly, and I are in search of a way to free him from his curse. We hope that we can find it out in the world as there is no help to be found for us back home."

Grabbing the nearest table, he sets his greatsword against the wall and his bundled armor next to it. "Innkeep, might I bother you for two cups of wine, please?"

Korthala

First Post
An auburn-haired human woman in black leather armor throws the door open and strides confidently to the center of the tavern with a warm smile on her face.

"Esteemed gentryfolk, lend me your attention for a mere moment. I'm happy to let you know that today is your lucky day! If you happen to be in the market for a scout, hired sword, emissary, or jewelry liberator, you have the rare and profitable opportunity to hire the one and only Solitaire, terror of the Overgrowth!"

She finds a suitable table where everyone can see her, and continues, "Barkeep, a bottle of whiskey, if you please! Remember, fair citizens, interested parties had best hurry before someone more clever has beaten you to this rare opportunity!"

[sblock="OOC"]Solitaire, L1 Human Rogue[/sblock]

Last edited:

mohalloran

First Post
[sblock='OOC']Well, I guess the battle arena is up and ready for us.[/sblock]

"Are we going? Vaunea ready to kill. Stay still too long. Axe wants kill." Vaunea states to the Genasi. As she says this, Vaunea goes to the tavern door. With a little more care than she had when she entered, Vaunea leaves the tavern to wait outside for the group heading to the Turtledome!

Reklaw

First Post
Drivan stands to his feet, “Aah, finally, someone else is ready to go. My name is Drivan Aslemar, it’s a pleasure to be adventuring with you!” He pulls the hood back so that the cloth once again lies across his back. “Is everyone else on their way out?

FishXXIII

First Post
Another weary traveler crosses the threshold of the tavern like driftwood being pulled along an unseen current. The tide crashes the robed figure against the table of a young paladin. A jagged hand slips out from under the thick gray sleeve and rests on the shoulder of the holy knight. “The Hanged Man?” the traveler asks with a voice harsh yet restrained. “Were you humoring my macabre tastes or is life on the road finally starting to make you as jaded and cynical as I am?

The newcomer lowers his hood, careful to avoid the material snagging on the set of oversized ram horns that frame his sharp inhuman features. He reaches for the wine with an approving nod and takes a drink before tossing his pack alongside his brother’s and settling into a char. “So what is it you think we’ll find here?

Xer0

First Post
Solon looks at his brother over his cup of wine, an amused look in his eyes. "You know how I am brother, always wanting to make sure you're comfortable in your surroundings. And as to my becoming as cynical and jaded as you, I may have found a good teacher in you but I've a long ways yet to travel to reach the heights that you've achieved." Solon chuckles quietly to himself before taking another drink.

"What I hope to find here is the same we've been looking for since our journey took us from home. A way out of your predicament. But until then, I don't see why we can't do some good and earn a living while doing so, do you?"

Remove ads