Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

N3rday

First Post
Xoc looks down at his leg, a tinge of excitement on his face. "First time I've seen divine magic firsthand. Remarkable..." Xoc refastens his leg armor. "In my homeland, my people have never even heard of magic; the gods of their stories are nothing more than myths, and magic nothing more than superstition." Xoc gestures to the halfling. "We had never seen anyone of her kind, nor of yours. Perhaps that's why I'm in Daunton - to see what's out there."

Xoc gestures to a chair. "Come and sit, I believe I owe you a firewater."
He calls to the barmaid. "One for the holy man here, and one for the strong-but-silent halfling. She seems to be holding her ale quite well for her size!"

Tinwe

First Post
The door opens slowly and a tall figure in a dark green cloak slips inside. He greets the bouncer in a gravely voice- It's Grim, friend. How be ye? Grim turns to the barmaid with a hint of smile It's getting warmer out there, lass. Warmer than I'm used to. What do you drink here in Daunton?

[sblock=OOC]First time trying out play-by-post... I might be a little slow starting out. :p[/sblock]

Last edited:

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Vrrsk't turns his head toward the door as the cloaked figure enters. His right hand drops to his side and fingers the grip of his flail as he studies the figure in an effort to see its face.

He mumbles a curt "Thank you," as he reaches for his new drink with his left hand, though it's not clear if he thanked the barmaid or Xoc, or both.

N3rday

First Post
"Looks a bit shifty, doesn't it?" Xoc says, keeping his hand within easy reach of his throwing axe. "Still, I doubt it'll make a fuss. Too much muscle in one room, and you're quite the intimidating one with that shiny armor and all." Xoc hesitantly sits down again and relaxes, but keeps his hands at his side. "Wish we could get a look at its face, but whatever it is - it's big."

[sblock=OOC] Hey, I am new to PbP as well - also it's my first time playing D&D, online or not. I'm sure we'll pick it up fast =). [/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina quietly sips at her ale as she pretends not to pay attention to what's going on around her, but she is in actuality keenly aware of the goings-on, and perhaps more importantly, the new stranger in the dark green cloak.

Tinwe

First Post
Grim takes a seat at a corner table, feeling the frost of the ale in his hand more than the eyes on him. He's felt them all his life, and these are less hostile than many he's felt before. That Halfling trying to look uninterested, though.... why do the little people always act so suspicious of big folk? Grim has swords bigger than her, for Pan's sake. Oh yes... the swords. Grim unbuckles his sword belt, lays two very large swords flat under the table, and turns to Carolina. Cheers, little lady, Grim says, his face still in shadow behind the cloak.

johnmeier1

Explorer
A rather thin and young dwarf enters the tavern. He has long red hair and a full beard, which are both braided in traditional Dwarven style. He wears stone gray robes, with basic red and gold embroidery around the cuffs and collar and simple but comfortable pants and boots. He carries awith him made of simple redwood, but carved with mystic runes and capped with strong iron. He pauses at the entrance scans the room slowly, taking it all in somewhat confused by the whole busy scene.
[sblock]
Also new to Play by Post but not new to D&D or 4th Edition. I also can't seem to change the spoiler code to do OOC and Mini-stats[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
A tall figure, in what used to be a white robe, steps into the frame of the door.
Stopping, the robed apparition stoops a bit and caresses an etched spot in the doorway, before proceeding to enter.

Before speaking the robed one removes his hood, a shaggy mane of hair falls forward and the male shifter is clearly visible.
I am Kamotz and I am seeking a strong member for my pack!

The shifter glances over at the bartender.
The Hanged Man's rules are very counterproductive to any sort of secrecy... I suppose it avoids surprise brawls.

addressing the room again,
Like the compulsion has forced me to say, I seek a strong member to induct into my pack. I will be in the Back Room

Kamotz walks up to the bartender and reminds him of the deal Reggie worked out for the use of the back room. A member of the serving staff takes fresh food and drink to the room and tidy' it up.

[sblock=OOC]

Cheers, I'm just one member who will likely show from the "Dude Where's My Ring" adventure. We are seeking someone for the defender position. Anyone interested should head over to the Back Room and give an intro.

[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Shortly behind the tall shifter followed an odd dwarf.

[sblock=Description]

Magnus is an odd dwarf who smells of sweat and damp earth. A dark bushy tangle of beard and hair frames his guant face. Yellowing teeth, a couple of which are missing, show through split and cracked lips. Perched above an aquiline nose and below a thick heavy brow stare grey eyes that gleam with strangeness. Magnus wears a tattered grey tunic open to the waist, showing a chest thin by dwarven standards and lean where a silver medallion of a spiraling snake hangs from a long leather cord. The tunic is tied at the waist by a rope from which hangs numerous old keys, amoung other things, that jangle softly when he moves. Under the faded tunic are loose, equally ragged brown pants. His feet are wrapped only in dirty old rags. Clutched in his hand Magnus carries a gnarled wooden staff addorned with more keys tied to it by leather cords.

[/sblock]

He too stopped at the entryway, and inspected a mark there carefully for a long moment before stepping into the tavern. Looking around the room, strange eyes stared out at the patrons gathered there, noting each in turn, finally locking onto the other dwarf near the entrance. Staff thumping on the floor Magnus moved to face him, cocking his head quizzically he looked him up and down. Eventually, like some kind of bizarre mirror image, Magnus broke into a wheezing cackle as he turned away and stumped across the room. In his wake a sibilant whisper spread across the room.

Magnusss Madiron

The disheveled dwarf disappeared around the corner into the back room.

[sblock=ooc]

johnmeier1: Lol, their descriptions, they're sooo opposite. Anyway in answer to your question.

(sblock=nameofblockhere) ()=[]

[/sblock]

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Vrrsk't watches the newcomers hurry into their back room. "Excuse me, Xoc, I'm going to see if I can be of service to them as well. A pleasure to meet you." He then stands, dons his breastplate, slings his shield over his back, and makes for the back room.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases