Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

garyh

First Post
"Aye, this looks more my style," Hrav agrees. "Our ship has come in, eh, Brudd?" he says to the minotaur.

Walking over to the orc captain, the bugbear introduces himself.

"I'm Hrav Kogata, formerly of Bacarte. For 40 gold and a share, you've got yourself some muscle."

Halford

First Post
The Minotaur nods at Hrav's comment and moves over with the Bugbear and Quagmire,

"Go ahead 'n measure me fer fit while yer at it Captain, Brudd Brassback out of Bacarte. Not done a whole mess of sailin' but I've done enough to get me legs. I'm a worshipper of Hadeys and he thinks te grant me power now 'n then so that I can heal me comrades. Speakin' of which we'd already gathered a little group together, like minds if ye like - I'm sure the rest'll be over shortly."

Brudd pulls out a chair and takes a seat raising his mug to the Captain before taking a long pull.

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Rurdev looks up as the orc enters. When the orc steps next to him, Rurdev catches a scent of ale and the salt of the ocean. Rurdev is reminded of his journey to this town, and how horribly sick he felt aboard the three-masted vessel he took. He was an outsider here, there were no shifters in this tavern and he had seen none in the city thus far. Perhaps that was a good thing. Surely other of his kind would have heard of his betrayal to his tribe.

Rurdev sees many a monsterous creature volunteer for the sailing voyage, and his gaze again settles upon the robed warforged sitting alone. Reluctantly he approaches and speaks to the creature. "W-W-Why is it that you, a-a-a c-c-creature that needs n-n-not to eat or drink, c-c-comes to a tavern, only to s-s-sit alone?"

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
Alexander follows Quagmire, Brudd, and Hrav at the orc's table, gathers all his confidence, breathes in to sober up a little, and says, in the most piratey tone he could : Ahoy captain! I'm Alexander Duran. I'm a bit of a lubber but I can figh on a ship! If you need them, I offere this, and this. and he shows his shield on one harm, his sheated sword in the other hand.

Phoenix8008

First Post
The Captain nods at Hrav and Brudd to have a seat, but looks long at Alexander while he finishes chewing a mouthful of apple. When Alexander is still standing there waiting by the time Azrael is ready to talk, the Captain says, "Well, ya may be a land lubber, but'cha ain't lily-livered it seems, so have a seat. I'll wait a bit ta see if any others are intrest'd before goin' inta details 'bout the job." Taking another big bite of his apple, he continues chewing loudly while they wait for any others to step forward.

The Digger

First Post
Today is not the door’s luckiest day. Only moments after the Captain’s arrival the door opened once again. The only difference this time was that no one entered - at least not straightaway. A voice from outside drifted in; a slightly petulant voice with a strange accent.

“Are you sure? THIS place? Oh very well then.”

Just before the door swung closed it was pushed open again and a dishevelled man strode in.

The new arrival was a man in his mid-20s, of medium height and slight build, with a shaggy unkempt hair and beard. He was dressed scruffily; even his leather armour, where it could be seen under an old cloak, looked old and tattered. He carried a spear which he used like a walking staff and all in all was not an imposing sight, apart from the gleam in his piercing green eyes.

He stopped in the centre of the room and stared around him at each customer in turn. A slightly manic look came into his eyes as he completed his examination but this only lasted a few moments. His shoulders slumped and he raised his face to the ceiling.

“I told you this was not the place!”

He walked, less boldly now, to the bar. “I will’n an ale be having, Good Sieur!” He rummaged under his cloak and produced a few coins which he placed on the bar.

Picking up his drink he walked over to an untenanted table, sat down wearily and took a long pull at his drink. He sighed with satisfaction then looked around at the assembled company, foam still on his lips and beard, “I hight Girth Snowbird and I bid ye all a Good Day.”

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: Finally catching up to here.

Brudd watches the warforged with an appraising eye, taking in his robes and watching as a line of eldritch fire crackles across a piece of exposed plateing. After a moment he strides over and clears his throat loudly.

"Hey tin wizard, ye look like ye can handle yer magic, care to throw yer lot in with our little band over 'ere? ... What d' ye say?"
The 'forged raised his hood, keeping its features hidden in the cowls. But the pulsing flame seemed to lick its hidden face there, though somehow making it darker instead of brighter.

Wizard? I am no wizard, friend of Haydes. I am what I was made: Tied to a pact of deviltry and fire created long before me. As for you others... The 'forged paused a moment, the dark cowl staring intently at the minotaur. No. This is not the sign I seek. Perhaps some other time, but now... it is not time.

When the orc captain came it, the 'forged stat motionlessly. The monstrous crew quickly formed around it, but Incarnation waited patiently, soot beginning to form where its figuretips touched the table.
"W-W-Why is it that you, a-a-a c-c-creature that needs n-n-not to eat or drink, c-c-comes to a tavern, only to s-s-sit alone?"
The cowl turn toward the uncertain shifter. The force of its unseen gaze was strong, as if it was peering into the shifter's soul. I am here because I was made to be here. I am bound to be here, to wait until I am bound to be somewhere else. As for being alone... The flames along its left hand flickers a moment. That is one from your perspective...

OOC: Hey, I got darkred, Evo! ;)

Halford

First Post
OOC: Previously in The Hanged Man...

The Minotaur quirks a brow looking somewhat amused by the scrutiny, and snorts ambiguosly at the friend of Hadeys remark,

"Nifty. Well if ye change yer mind just ask fer me and I'll see if we can't find ye a berth, nice meetin' ye."

So saying Brudd makes his way back to the bar and is shortly drawn to a prospective employer. He shoots an enquiring look over at the Warforged, but is soon conversing with the Captain and a few of his new comrades.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases