Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg stares in fascination at Magnusss and seems about to speak when the other dwarf cackles and walks towards the back room. For a moment he stares after the disheveled, unkempt reflection before returning his attention to the rest of the room. He moves over to Xoc and gestures to the empty seat Vrrsk't departed. May I join you? It seems that this place is truly bustling with activity. Do you think the guardsman will return and if so does he expect an organized group such as the one that is entering?

[sblock=OOC]Still waiting on approval, but as a controller (close combat wizard) since he can't play a role in the established party, perhaps it would be a good idea to form another?
What's with all these dwarven wizards?!?![/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=Recruiting] I'll be putting a short adventure into the judges for approval tonight. Just trying to get a handle on how many people in here are going to be available. Just quickly looking right now I only see Georg.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ukingsman]
Hey, no poaching my PC's! It's happened twice now. I've still got an approved adventure awaiting PC's
[/sblock]

Tinwe

First Post
Grim stands, picking up his swords as he does so, and crosses the room to the table Xoc, the dwarf and the halfling have occupied and takes a seat. "Think those two over there are arguing over the hired help? Really though... so far Daunton had been somewhat... less than I'd anticipated." Grim slowly polishes the strangely curved horn handle on his sword. "Bacarte was no lily flower of peace, but we always heard stories of heros raised in Daunton. All I've heard since arriving is some babble about a fire!

[sblock=OOC] I'm still waiting for character approval, but I would like to join an adventure even so, and hope that the judges approve Grim in time for some XP. [/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina pauses at the mention of a fire, the rim of her glass frozen at her lips. Her heart feels like it has skipped a beat, but she recovers quickly enough after a few furtive glances tell her that no eyes have rested on her. Finally, she swallows the drink in one giant (well, for a halfling) gulp and slams the glass back down onto the wood. "Another, anyone?" she asks with a practiced smile.

johnmeier1

Explorer
Where did that big guy, Vrrsk't, go? I think the 4 of us at this table could tackle just about anything with a well armored ally like that. Though I can stand my ground at the front of the fight as well with this in my hands. Georg gently taps his staff on the ground, which still makes a audible slam against the tavern floor. He looks at Xoc, Carolina, and Grim in turn.

Tinwe

First Post
Grim eyes the ragged dwarf. "Indeed? I've seen monsters in my time who would crush you underfoot if you were all that stood in their way." Grim switches swords and continues to polish the horn pommel. "Still though... I was bored when I left for here and I've been nothing but bored since I got here. Perhaps we four could make something of ourselves out there. What say you two?" He looks up from the sword to gaze at Xoc and the halfling.

[sblock=OOC]
Speaking of Xoc... it looks like he hasn't been around in a while. I dropped him a mail mentioning the possibility of an adventure.[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg opens his palm and the image of a burning flame appears while he speaks. I am of the Stoneburner clan, if anything tried to step on me it would get a nasty surprise.

[sblock=OOC]Hey, I'm not the ragged dwarf, that was the other guy, Georg has a simple but clean appearance[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-stats]Georg Stoneburner: Dwarf Wizard 1
Initiative: +0 Speed:5 Passive Perception: 12 Passive Insight: 17
AC: 15 NAD: 13/14/14
HP: 31/31 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 7
AP:1 Second Wind:not used
Languages: Common (Allarian), Dwarven
Str:10 De:10 Wis:14 Con:16 Int:18 Cha:10

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave

Burning Hands
Flaming Sphere
[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
The door to the tavern opens wide and in steps a dashing young half elven man. Under a finely crafted green cloak you can see that he is wearing a suit of chainmail - though the chainmail looks to be in much rougher shape. His dark flowing hair hangs down to his shoulders, on which is slung an old lute which appears to be at least as twice as old as its bearer. A travelling pack is slung over his other shoulder which appears to be loaded up for a journey.

He takes a step in, slowly looks around the room and clears his throat. “Greetings all” he announces. “My name is Dextyr M’rgan and it would be my pleasure to buy everyone a beverage”.

He walks over to the bar and drops some coins down and then makes his way over to a vacant table. He unslings his pack and slides it under the table and as he sits down, removes a sheathed longsword from his belt (Imperium military issue by the looks of it) and places it on the seat next to him. He grabs his lute and begins to play one of the recently popular tavern melodies, then looks over at the table with Grim, Xoc, Georg and Carolina and asks “Anyone mind if I play - it helps me pass the time?”

OOC
Hi all – First time trying out play-by-post, so please be patient with me. I’m a long time D&D player and DM. I’ve been out of the game for a bit and really feeling the urge to get back in.

Oh, and I have no idea how to make those neat little hide windows that you all seem to do, so if someone can show me or point me to some instructions on how to make those I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks all, and looking forward to playing D&D with you all.

Mini-Stats
Dextyr M’rgan: Half-Elf Bard 1
Initiative: +1 Passive Perception: 11 Passive Insight: 17
AC: 17 Fort: 13 Ref: 13 Will: 15
HP: 28/28 Bloodied: 14 Surge Value: 7 Surges/Day: 10
Speed: 5 Languages: Common, Imperia, Goblin
AP: 1 Second Wind: not used
Longsword: +4 (1d8+1)
Sling: +3 (1d6)

Powers:
Guiding Strike
Vicious Mockery