Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"A glass of your finest strawberry liquor my good man." he addresses the barman.
The cloaked warforged looked impassively at the gnome. He, however, did not rise to the bait. Instead, it sat quietly as his shifter companion gathered his thoughts.

He stops there to clear his throat and see if any of the assembled adventurers are interested. His dark grey eyes scan the crowd (?) quite focused and intent in spite of any symptoms of age his frame would suggest.]
As the old man spoke of the Five, the Brotherhood, and doom, the fires occasionally running along the warforged's visible frame flared, the smell of sizzling wood becomes stronger were his now smoking hands met the table. To the shifter, all he said was, That which I am waiting for has arrived.

The red-purple garbed warforged made its way purposefully to the old man. Astrepius Sicilus. You speak of the Brotherhood, and the doom of the Five. You speak to my calling. I was made to serve. He does a slight bow, but keeps his head in shadow. I insist that I serve you in this matter.

Gameforged

First Post
Dalzim drinks his strawberry liquor listening to the old sage. When he is over speaking, the gnome jumps from his chair, and approach the old man "Ah! an honorable quest, for a big soul encased on a small body. Dalzim Zalimock, at your service my good man, you can count with my arcane winds."

EvolutionKB

First Post
Rurdev

Rurdev takes a seat across from the warforged, steepling his fingers as if pondering a question. When the gnome walks in, Rurdev looks up with interest, wondering if he knows the fellow. Rurdev lived in a gnome village some time after being exiled. No, I would definately remember that one, he thinks.

When the sage enters, Rurdev looks up at the old man. Seeing his acquaintance offer his services, followed by the gnome, Rurdev speaks. "What is t-t-the mystery in q-q-question? I-I may have skills that may be of u-u-u-use." The shifter licks his lips after each stutter. He is asking more out of curiousity than anything else. The three that offered their services did so very quickly and without question. Should he trust the man as well? Perhaps the return to his tribe would be sooner than he thought.

Valthosian

First Post
A dark elf wearing a dark brown greatcoat about his slender frame rattles a dice cup, nobody saw him enter through the front door, perhaps he came in through the kitchen?

He smirks at the sage and says "'Ey fella, I've been pretty bored sitting here for a while, maybe you need someone a little more subtle than those big bruisers you're hiring, oh and the name's Steppyn, most folks around here call me Steppyn Razor. And if you don't, who wants to throw the bones?"

[sblock=ooc]Steppyn is a level 1 rogue awaiting approval but he'd love to join you L4W:pC:Steppyn Razor (Valthosian - ENWiki)[/sblock]

Last edited:

JRYoung

First Post
"Hello good people of such fine establishment, I assume that my reputation has precede me this far? Haven't you ever heard of ol' good Dalzim?"

The Dragonborn Skaliss watches the wizard enter the bar and sit nearby. "I'm sssorry Dalzim, I have not heard talesss of you exploitsss" he hisses. "I am Skalisss, I would like to hear a tale however."

JRYoung

First Post
"Attention all, I have need of a few good souls who might help me in solving a mystery most distressing."

"Sssir, I am Skalisss, holy warrior ssserving the Dragon God Ashentaal, perhapsss I can asssissst in thisss ssstruggle?"

OOC: Skalisss, Dragonborn Paladin, available... ;)

Erekose13

Explorer
The old gentleman watches as each of the adventurers in the room offer their services for his investigation, "Thank you all for your interest. Riardon, your assistance will be most welcome as I do have questions around the Imperium. Incarnation, you seem to have a personal interest that could be quite valuable. Rurdev, I have some hint that you may want to be involved for other reasons that we'll get into in a moment. Dalzim, I wonder if your arcane background might be of some use as well." he says before taking a pause to take another drink of water.

"Skaliss and Steppyn thank you both for your interest and I wish you well but I think these four will cover my investigation." he says to the other two who offered their services.

ooc: Thanks all for signing up, as mentioned this adventure was specifically designed with the four characters above in mind. With room for one more a wizard is the best fit, though I don't believe that Dalzim is approved yet. I'll be setting up the game thread this weekend with opening posts.

Gameforged

First Post
"It seems my tales will have to wait until my return my dragonborn friend." Dalzim pats Skalis in his knee, since it's the only part of the dragonborn's body he can reach. He turns to the old man "Thanks for your vote of confidence, I look forward to probe the use of my knowledge to you good sir"

OOC: I'm waiting for the revision, I know I lack a background, but I'm running short with the time this week. If the maths part is ok, the background check should not take long.

Valthosian

First Post
Oi Skaliss, since you've lost your chance for a fortune adventuring this day, why don't you try your fortune instead?

Steppyn rattles his cup of dice and smiles broadly.

And if you don't trust my dice, I'm sure we can find some behind the bar somewhere, we can keep the stakes low as I'm confident that neither of us is particularly wealthy if we're spending our time here, unemployed.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Rurdev

Rurdev growled under his breath and licked at the foam that was gathered at the corners of his mouth. He wasn't a patient one, and the sage's cryptic comments only bothered him more. He turns to the bartender, "A round for the five of us...and whatever he wants," he says, forgetting momentarily that Incarnation didn't need anything.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases