Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

CaBaNa

First Post
Nodding at Vrrsk't the overzealous cleric adds a caveat, Items we can retrieve, no guarantee as to the health of whatever thief may be involved. The elongated snout tips forward toward the Kobold.

Hello little one, Kamotz smiles at Vixo, You don't look like Vrrsk't Kamotz growls and clicks with spot on pronunciation, are you also a son of Apolli? Bacarte has lots of monstorous folks, but few have I seen like you... Extending a shaggy hand the shifter seems to have forgotten the now absent Orc.

[sblock=OOC]

And now work is over, so on to a most busy weekend, I'll have little time to put towards the boards... NPC Kamotz as needed to involve him in a Lauto adventure, please? I'll be around to update after monday, big tests on monday... Then back to normal! yay!

[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Without taking her eyes off of her drink, Mikara speaks up.

"A Kobold, Kamotz
You should know. That's what he is.
I have killed many.

She still refuses to change the focal point of her gaze, but something in the way she speaks indicates that she is very aware of her surroundings.

Tell me dragonspawn.
Why should I preserve your life?
My bow calls to me."

Oni

First Post
Eeehehehehe.

The cracked cackling laugh grows in volume as an incredibly disheveled looking dwarf emerges from the backrooms of the Hanged Man leaning heavily on a crooked and gnarled staff from which a multitude of keys hang by cords. Tucked under his arm a long bundle wrapped in dirty cloth. He clumped across the room to an empty table, a jangling sound following in his wake. There he paced back and forth in front of the table several times, inspecting it with a deep intensity before finally finding it satisfactory.

Finally he turned and addressed the room, Expecting someone...yes, yes...Magnus is waiting...someone needs a wizard...Magnus is waiting for you...how long will he wait...eehehehe...

With a gesture a seat slid back from the table and the bedraggled dwarf sat down heavily with a sigh.

[sblock=descripton]

Magnus is an odd dwarf who smells of sweat and damp earth. A dark bushy tangle of beard and hair frames his guant face. Yellowing teeth, a couple of which are missing, show through split and cracked lips. Perched above an aquiline nose and below a thick heavy brow stare grey eyes that gleam with strangeness. Magnus wears a tattered grey tunic open to the waist, showing a chest thin by dwarven standards and lean where a silver medallion of a spiraling snake hangs from a long leather cord. The tunic is tied at the waist by a rope from which hangs numerous old keys, amoung other things, that jangle softly when he moves. Under the faded tunic are loose, equally ragged brown pants. His feet are wrapped only in dirty old rags. Clutched in his hand Magnus carries a gnarled wooden staff addorned with more keys tied to it by leather cords.

[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tell me dragonspawn.
Why should I preserve your life?
My bow calls to me."
The goblin at the bar listens and then says, Oooh! Oooh! Dang't can play that game. Its the game of thump! One hand, a hand and two, and one, heeeheee. Uhhh..

The goblin places his hands on his head, a bit of gust spontaneiously blowing his greasy gob hair around and then he snaps and says,

A man from Daunton
Met a fine lass he gazed on
Tight trousers, hard *COUGH*

The last is delivered with a strong coughing spasm that is only brought under control with some hard thumping. Glah! Tasty pig not go down Dang't throat right way![sblock=OOC]Yes, its a lazy rhyme and a bit ribald, but I think its safe. :) If you disagree, let me know. [/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
The door to the inn opens and in walks a massive being over 7 feet tall, dressed in hide armor, with a huge sword strapped to his back. The scars on his arms, legs and especially the one on the right side of his face tell the story that he has been apart of many battles, truly a seasoned warrior.

He pauses for a few moments, observing the patrons and chuckles "What a motley crew we have here. I know I'm in the right place then." He then makes his way to the barkeep, bumping into patrons and tables on the way, too narrow for him to squeeze through. "Excuse me...pardon me..." After ordering a large ale, he heads in the direction of a group of people gathered around a man in robes. He pulls up a nearby empty table up to the group and sits on it (a chair obviously too small for him to sit on). The table strains under the massive load. To the man in robes he states "I heard you are looking for people to do a task. Can I be of service? It's been a week or so since I've bashed a few skulls, and quite frankly, I miss it."

[sblock=OOC]
Meet Grakk: Lvl 1 Goliath Barbarian (striker)
Not approved yet...but hopefully soon :)
[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
Well let me see now, we've a kobold, a shifter, a mountain, a Dwarf, a Goblin, a Dragonborn, and an Elf. I don't think even the old man's coffers stretch that deep. That aside, heres what I know.

Which isn't much!! his companion chimes in.

Some rogue clergyman, an underpriest I think, has stolen an artifact of the church and plans to use its energies to awaken some of the dead who sleep in the mausoleum. He pauses, looking to see if anyone knows what hes talking about. Wow the masses are uneducated!! The Maosoleum is where a great deal of the cities well to do dead are laid to rest, the church gurantees them a safe tomb, and vigil over there death price. The problems this rogue could cause are needless to say... embarassing in the least. So the old man should be very happy to know that our thief "may not survive" the reclamation. Anyway do you have any questions, or is it about time to send you on your way?

[sblock=ooc] I was prepared for 6 P.C's but if 7 are interested I think I can certainly manage that with little difficulty! Also any judges interested in judging this once I start it up? I'm planning on moving everyone to the temple thread shortly, and then opening the ingame thread monday.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I'll also point out that Joe's adventure could use another striker, if any of you are interested. Though Joe can't start the adventure until Wednesday, since he's travelling.

Also, ukingsken, I'm pretty sure that stonegod's (I got it right this time! ;)) goblin, Dang't, is waiting to join the MMC, so that should leave you with 6 PCs if no one goes to join Joe's adventure.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
...A man from Daunton
Met a fine lass he gazed on
Tight trousers, hard *COUGH*

Mikara nearly spews her beer out of her mouth.

Well miracles never cease. Next thing you know, the humans will join the game.

Composing herself as if to make the guffaw in response to the priests words..

... Wow the masses are uneducated!! The Maosoleum is where a great deal of the cities well to do dead are laid to rest...

"We're not as dim of wit as you would think
You stupid human. You're too blind to see
Duatan people, as you see them,
made this town their mausoleum.

It's sick with stone, and filth and muck
in which abandoned souls are stuck.

Yet when the shells from which they fled
stop moving, then you call them dead

and put them in a sactuary
which they find far more sanitary."

Last edited:

Remove ads