Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Brain

First Post
Vixo looks up and replies in his own verse.

Vixo the rogue is a kobold,
whos good deeds often go untold,
but such is his life,
augmented with strife,
but his mood gets better with gold.

[sblock=ooc]I want to do the ukingsken adventure.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Well ... all of them ;) In your summary, at least. Looks like you updated all the stats for them in your math section, but yeah, the power blocks in your summary all still have the shortbow stats.[/sblock]

[sblock=Lord Sessadore - OOC:] &#@! I knew I forgot something. Thanks for letting me know what it was. I keep thinking everything is in one place.:blush:[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Vixo looks up and replies in his own verse.

Vixo the rogue is a kobold,
whos good deeds often go untold,
but such is his life,
augmented with strife,
but his mood gets better with gold.

[sblock=ooc]I want to do the ukingsken adventure.[/sblock]

Oh brother.

Mikara gives the koblod a sideways look. [You know... the type a teenage daughter gives her mother when she is told to clean her room]. She doesn't stick her tongue out, but you'd half expect it from the expression on her face.

[sblock=Brain - OOC:] Good one!B-) I'm sorry you chose ukingsken's adventure. A kobold and an elf on the same adventure would be a cool dynamic. It would have been fun finding ways to keep Mikara from mistrusting you (or to give her more reasons to do so;)). Good luck.[/sblock]

Turning to the priest, chuckling to herself, perhaps allowing the drink to get to her...

"You see, my human friend? Once more, you're wrong.
Even the vermin [she points to Vixo and Dang't] seem to have culture."
Goblins? Kobolds? Guess what's next.
Perhaps old Tonk will pass the test.

Even within your own cloisters
are poets proud as pearled oysters,

though none of you can prove to me
you're better than these two (or three).

At least they leave nature alone
and keep Melora on her throne."

Last edited:

RedBeardJim

First Post
[sblock=OOC]So, what adventures are recruiting at the moment? I got thoroughly confused trying to page back and untangle all the threads.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=RedBeardJim - OOC:] So far there are two being started. Both involve the temple of Lauto. Not sure how full either one of them is, perhaps Lord Sessadore can clear that up (and correct me if I'm wrong).

JoeNotCharles is running a campaign destined to challenge a leader with a group of strikers. They have a "back room" thread going called 'Klogg's Office'. He's got:

Dextyr (DMDanW) [Leader]
Tonk (KenHood)
Blade (renau1g)
Tristan (Lord Sessadore)
Mikara (Me)

He may be accepting more, but he can't start until Wednesday as he his on vacation.

Ukingsken is putting together some kind of crusade against a rouge priest of Lauto. There are two priests in the tavern at present recruiting. Currently, they have:

Kamotz (CaBaNa)
Vrssk't (roadtoad)
Vixo (Brain)
Grakk (dimsdale)

on their list.

Dang't (stonegod) is waiting around for a third DM (MMC, not sure who that is) to come back to the tavern.

I believe that Mangus (Oni) is also in the Tavern, but he hasn't shown an overt yen one way or the other yet.

Did I miss anyone?[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=MMC]MMC is the "Mostly Monstrous Crew" (Hrav Kortaga (Bugbear Rogue), Girth Snowbird (Half-elf feylock), Quagmire (Hobgoblin Warlord), and Alexander Duran (Human Fighter). Phoenix8008 is their DM. See The Captain's Caper for more.[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
"You see, my human friend? Once more, you're wrong.
Even the vermin [she points to Vixo and Dang't] seem to have culture."
Goblins? Kobolds? Guess what's next.
Perhaps old Tonk will pass the test.

Even within your own cloisters
are poets proud as pearled oysters,

though none of you can prove to me
you're better than these two (or three).

At least they leave nature alone
and keep Melora on her throne."

The goliath smashes the hilt of his blade against the table which shutters at the shear force of the blow. He turns and glares, eyes boring into the elf: "Shut up lass! I'm trying to hear what the priest has to say!"He then gives the rogue in his group a look and shakes his head, starting to calm himself "I can't concentrate with all of this chanting going on."

[sblock=ooc]
no offense anyone :)...Grakk is a barbarian...He's prone to lose his temper

Also, there are two dwarves here as well: a warlock (JNC's) and a wizzard.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Grakk's Stats]
Grakk: Goliath Barbarian: Level 1
Adverse Conditions: None
*Initiative: +2
*Passive Insight 10
*Passive Perception 15
*Senses Normal Vision
*HP 33
*Bloodied 16 Surge Value 8; Surges Per-Day 13
*AC =16
*Fortitude 16 Reflex 13 Will 11 Speed 6
*action Points:1
*basic attack: Greatsword: To Hit: +7: Damage 1d10+6
*Powers
At will: Recuporating Strike, Devastating Strike
Encounter: Avalanche Strike, Stone's Endurance
Daily Standard: Bloodhunt Rage
[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara's eyes widen only slightly at the goliath's outburst, only too glad to have someone else to thank for trashing the tavern.

You're not missing much.

[sblock=dimsdale - OOC:]None taken. This is the most fun I've had in the tavern for a long time:D. [/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Eeehehehe....two ears...too many words...hehe.

Magnus slapped his leg as though what he said was quite funny, sending a small puff of dust from his britches up into the air.

When his cackling had finally petered out, he reached down and pulled the bundle he had been carrying to him. Opening it up he pulled out another staff, this one long and straight. Holding it up he looked down the length of it appraisingly, frowning somewhat.

A priest has left the fold...the dead to leave their graves...the grasp is loosened...on the living and the departed...

The dwarf ran his rough fingers along the grain of the staff, Hmm...it'll do...yes...

He cocked his head to the side as if listening, then spoke half to himself.

Yes...a good question...A man steals for gain...what's to gain by stealing the dead...from their lord?

Very carefully, almost lovingly, Magnus began to untie the keys from the gnarled staff and transfer them to the new staff.

The pattern intrigues me...I think you are the one I am expecting...yes...hehehe.

Remove ads