Raising Hell! Isn't it time for a mega-adventure featuring Hell?!

The Serge

First Post
We've had Modrons.

We've had Drow.

We've had Giants.

We've had Demons.

We've had Banes.

We've had Drow.

We've had Tombs of Horrors.

We've had Tharizdun and Elemental Evils.

We've had Drow.

Isn't it time to have a mega-adventure that features the most interesting, insideous, and intellectual threats in the generic D&D universe? It's high time that the Gates of Hell open their doors and proved to Creation the threat they represent!

Can you imagine the intrigue, depth, and pure unadulterated fun it would be for four to six characters to spend a few years playing in three HUGE adventures, going from 1st to 30th level as they get closer and closer to dealing, once and for all, with The Lord of the Nine?

Thoughts? I have mine (heck, I already have a name for it, Raising Hell), but I want to hear yours first!

Roman

First Post
Well, I love mega-adventures and I am very favourably disposed to an adventure in hell, so yes. I would be all for it. What I would also like to see is a mega adventure with a sequel - where the story continues. Something like the basic adventure path (except the story could perhaps be more connected), but composed of two or more mega-adventures. That would be really nice.

Psion

Adventurer
Hell in Freeport is pretty big, and most of it occurs in hell. But it seems like the PCs will be mincemeat if the BBEG is played with any competance (and what GM worth his salt isn't going to play a duke of hell with every bit of fiendish cleverness he can muster?)

The Serge

First Post
Yes, I have and love A Paladin in Hell.

I also have and like Hell in Freeport.

But neither is a "mega-adventure."

What I'm talking about is something that will take you from 10th to 20th level. Or, for a really ingenious designer/writer, from 1st to 30th level (since I hear that Asmodeus himself will be a CR 32 entity in the upcoming Book of Vile Darkness. Too weak, IMO, but watchagonnado?).

I'm talking about something that can have huge implications for Hell and a given Prime world, kind of like one of the possible resolutions in 2ed Return to the Tomb of Horrors.

I have some of my own ideas, but I'm not established (unless someone wants to hire me?!! :D)

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Like I said, I think A Paladin In Hell would be a great basis for such an epic-in-scale adventure, just as Tomb of Horrors was the basis for the Return to...

APIH has a lot of potential for this, given the scope of the adventure.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Tell you what Serge, make up an adventure and send it into Dungeon or perhaps Clark Peterson. Myself, I don't need adventures in the planes JUST yet. :) I'm liking the way Scarn is so far.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases