The Ebon Mirror: Dark Marks (Dunamin judging)

Halford

First Post
Answering the pleas of the desperate Eladrin, Tyrion Aldalouth, a small band of heroic adventurers must face down the fearsome bandit band known as the Brander's - so named for their habit of marking their victims with weapons heated amidst white hot coals.

Will these heroes be able to save Ashara Aldalouth from a fate worse than death?

Where do these strange Eladrin come from, and why?

And what is the Ebon Mirror? (Its in the title its got to be important!)

Time will tell, if you survive...

[sblock=The Heroes!]
Callen Stewart (Erekose13) - human wizard 2
Kama'zer Anma'giduu (Phoenix8008) - githyanki warlord 2
Mri'Thas (Voda Vosa) - githyanki wizard 2
Soldier (Ozymandias) - warforged fighter 1
Ts'iri (elecgraystone) - githyanki (infernal) warlock 2
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rules]
  • Please select a color for your character's speech. Lime and Orange are reserved for the DM and NPCs.
  • Initiative will be rolled by the DM for the sake of speed
  • Feel free to make OOC comments, but if they are over a sentence please place them in sblocks.
  • Magic items will be awarded using the DMG recommended method, so players will get different levels of items. The DM will determine who recieves which level of item and any imbalances will be addressed in future adventures.
  • If you have a picture you wish to be used on battlemaps please email it to the DM who will use it from then on; otherwise the first letter of your characters name will be used to represent you on such mats.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
It Begins (Scenes from the Hanged Man)

[sblock=In the Hanged Man]The door swings open and a disheveled Eladrin staggers in, he looks lost and their is despair in his grey eyes. Livid bruises marr the left side of his face and he walks with a pronounced limp. His lothing while once fine is now worna and taterred and his right hand has been crudely bandaged with strips torn from his ragged claok.

For a moment he stares dazedly at the tavern and its odd assortment of occupants before making his way to the bar.

"Please, they told me I could find help here. I, I, have nothing to offer, but myself, but they have my Sister. A band of thugs, the Brander's they have Ashara, its been a week and nobody will help me, nobody."

His words are choked with emotion and silent tears run in twin rivers down the Eladrin's cheeks washing away a layer of grime.

He takes a breath and obviously struggles to pull himself together,

"I am Tyrion Aldalouth and I am in need of true heroes. I beg you to help me save my sister from a fate worse than death."

A handsome eladrin stumbles off his chair near the fire, nearly spilling his ale.

"Danger you say? I, Riar'lon, princeling of the Isle of the Fey Court, will aid you, Tyrion."

He pauses.

"Thea! Once I've sobered a little"

The Githyanki woman watches silently as the Eladrin enters the Inn and begins to speak. As he continues though, a spark lights in her dark eyes as her emotions swell. Putting her drink down slowly, she pushes her chair back from the table and rises to her full six feet of height. She walks with grace over to the disheveled man.

"They are called 'Branders'? Do they actually brand their captives? As in marking livestock for sale? If you say she has been their captive for a week, then she has already experienced a fate worse than death more than likely. I was a slave to others myself once, you see." she draws her scimitar and holds it out between her and the Eladrin. "This was the sword of the leader of those slavers who killed my parents and captured me. It hasn't left my side since I took it from him and ran him through with it. So I would gladly offer my help to aid in the destruction of these thugs who take free people and make them captives or slaves, and in securing your sister's life and freedom from their clutches."

Her eyes flicker over to look at Riar'lon before finishing, "And I am available to serve you starting now."

Relief floods Tyrions face, he wipes away his tears and says in a deep chocked voice,

"Thank you, thank you, we came here to ask for help, and then Ashara was captured, and nobody would listen to me. They caught us on the road, they left me for dead, I tried to save her I did not want to leave her, but there were too many of them."

He sniffs and draws himself up to his full height - just shy of six feet - in turn looking Riar'lon and the Githyanki in the eye.

"I had not thought to find anyone who would help me, I had almost given up hope. You have my undieing gratitiude, though I fear it will take more for us to present a serious threat to the Brander's."

He shudders,

"I asked about them on my journey here, they do indeed brand their victims, they place their weapons in hot coals and then use them to leave their dark mark - though I do not believe they sell people. I met one of their former victims a shepherd woman who cannot look at a man without crying... I cannot think of what they are doing to Ashara, I can only think of her rescue, and pray that she is not beyond saveing."

Tyrion shakes his head as if to clear away black thoughts,

"I am afraid that I will be of little use other than as a guide, I am a bowman with little talent for the sword and my hand is ruined. Again my friends, I am eternally in your debt. Thank you."

Ts'iri pushes in the door to the bar and says "Name's Ts'iri" She's an Odd looking Githyanki girl, shorter and not as thin as most and wearing fine dark red clothes that look 'Arabian'. She long black hair in one braid that reaches past her waist. Green spots can be seen framing her face. A strange silver amulet around her neck stands out.

She'd seen an Eladrin quickly enter in front of her and was interested to see why he was in such a hurry. Scanning the room, she sees him quite animated and talking to two others. She's half way to him before she notices that one of them in Gith. Now she had two reasons to curious. She walks over to them to see what is going on.

"I believe that I might be of service young sir. I'm Callen Stewart. Terrible to hear your story and I hope that I might be able to help these two free your sister." offers the robbed gentleman as he approaches the eladrin and gith.

Tyrion replies, with a tremulous smile,

"I will gladly accept your aide Master Callan, I cannot thank you enough for your kindness. I have nothing to give you but my gratitude, and of course anything we recover from the bandits is yours."

Seeing Ts'iri watching them the Eladrin beckons her over,

"Your pardon Madam, but I am seeking heroes to help me save my sister Ashara from a band of murderous brigands. She has been in there clutches for a week and I am beyond desperation. If you could find it in your heart... I cannot repay you, but with my gratitude. Will you help us?"

"Helping someone brings its own reward. Though hopefully I'll find a lead on where my errant son has gotten off to at some point. I'd hope he's not mixed up with these Branders." replies Callen.

Kama'zer eyes this new Githyanki with suspicion as soon as she walks in the door. After the girl has walked closer and introduced herself, Kama'zer realizes that she is fingering the handle of her scimitar nervously. Her parents always warned her that other Githyanki were different and wouldn't understand. They told her she could be hunted by her own kind if they only knew. So now the only question was whether this one was hunting her or not. Time for a test to evaluate her reaction...

"Tyrion, my apologies. I forgot to introduce myself to you. I am called Kama'zer Anma'giduu." Finishing her late introduction, she carefully watches the other Githyanki woman to see if there is any reaction from her...

Ts'iri goes over to Tyrion and listens to what he has to say. She thinks it over for a moment. Tracking down brigands didn't sound overly exciting and no pay sounded even worse. However brigands tended to steal things which should mean they aren't poor and the other Gith seemed to be going along so she might find out something about herself.

Well, it seemed pretty even why she should and shouldn't go. The deciding factor was that she wasn't doing anything better right now. "Sure, why not." She then listened to Callen and Kama'zer talk.

A door opens and a familiar face walks in, the human with fanciful clothing, a neat and trimmed beard, and carrying only a dagger at his hip.

"Hello and well met my friends and companions, tonight is a night of celebration as we have so many newcomers to this fine establishment. Quite the group indeed, it appears that introductions are in order. My name is Murphy Tang, friend and colleague of all who call the sea their home. I hope there's at least one sea dog amongst you." the newcomer says with a grin and booming voice.

He saunters over to the bar with an air of confidence and grabs a drink. Murphy turns and looks at the crowd and notices a group sitting together and invites himself over.

"Well, ain't this a fine collection of souls, what are you all doing on such a fine evening such as this? Celebrating something, I hope. Mind if I grab a seat? I always enjoyed a good chat" the man says gregariously, taking his seat without waiting for the response.

The battered Eladrin turns and offers Murphy a sad smile,

"The opposite I am afraid Murphy Tang, I am Tyrion, seeking heroic souls to rescue my sister Ashara from a band of brigands known as the Branders. These brave souls have agreed to aide me though I can pay them only with my eternal gratitude. Should you care to join us you would be more than welcome, and of course anything the Brander's have would be yours shoulde we defeat them."

Turning to the group at large he says,

"In anycase my new found friends the longer we tarry here the longer Ashara must suffer, if you are ready I would depart as soon as possible."

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Kama'zer wil use Goldenrod unless that is too close to your orange Halford. I could try Dark Goldenrod if it is too close. Let me know which you'd rather me use.[/sblock][SBLOCK=Edit]Kama'zer Anma'giduu is a female Githyanki of 20 years. She is 6' tall and skinny as most of her kind are. Her hide armor and shield are well maintained, but the scimitar she wields positively shines with good care. She watches around herself diligently, like a owl searching for its next meal. Her eyes are constantly watching, and her mind is always evaluating.

Hooks:
1. Has a desire (compulsion?) to help free people who have been enslaved or taken captive against their will. How does this apply to prisoners of law enforcement? Not sure yet. Hates cages in general. Caged animals might disturb her as well. She likes being a liberator (not THE LIBERATOR, just A liberator. lower case. ;) )
2. Wants to acquire a Githyanki silver sword. It is the only thing which could make her not use the scimitar she took from the slaver boss when she was 10 years old.[/SBLOCK]

Attachments

• 200px-Githyanki.jpg
    200px-Githyanki.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Callen Stewart will use the color royalblue.

EDIT:
Physical Description: Callen Stewart is an aged gentleman of refinement. He is of average height and build with short gray hair and a thin well kept beard. He wears a well tailored blue jacket with small golden embroidery around the cuffs and collar and likewise comfortable but fashionable pants and boots. He carries his mage staff with him where ever he goes as both a support and a weapon when necessary. The staff is made of simple redwood and is tall and sturdy. Tiny golden glyphs float around the head of the staff almost invisibly.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
[sblock=Administrative]Halford, can you add (garyh judging) to the thread title, so we can easily see that this adventure is being overseen? Thanks![/sblock]

grislyeye

R.G. Wood
Hi, just responding to what Halford wrote in the tavern thread, I think we should get at least one other defender for the party before we start, but if we can't find one within a day or so we should accept a non-defender. What do we have so far?

BTW, how do I create the OOC/Spoiler blocks in the forums?

TIA

renau1g

First Post
Murphy Tang is of average height and looks like a typical seafarer, grizzled beard, sun-browned skin and a nearly tooth-less grin. He carries only a dagger at his hip, a pack upon his back, and a set of leather armour on his person.

[sblock=OOC]
See tavern for image

Murphy Tang will use Dark Orchid & he's anxious to help :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=rgladwell]
For these tags you type {sblock=OOC} {/sblock}, but replace { with [ . Also, you can hit the quote button to see the coding for people's posts
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Mri'Thas is a tall Githyanki, robed in brown and sand tunics. He usually walks hooded, or partially hooded, to hide the horrible scar left by the githzerai crusaders. He is bold and sincere in his speak, often making offensive comments, without wanting to generate such. He speaks slowly and calm, closing his eyes from time to time. Mri'Thas uses to cross his arms while talking.
This gith has a dark green beard, with two points, both braided. He is blad and his skin is more green than yellow.

githzerai.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases