D&D 4E Wonko's 4E Auto Character Sheet + Custom Power Cards

Wonko the Sane

First Post
Time to answer a couple questions...
1. Excel 2k3 version - Short answer: I don't know. Maybe.
2. 3rd Party material - Not likely, since I've got my hands full with the official stuff.
3. FRPG/Adventurer's Vault - As soon as I'm happy with how the core stuff works. the AV material is slowly being added, with some of the armor available (consider it to be in early "Alpha" stage).
4. Duelist magic weapon disappeared - From the "Powers" sheet I think you mean? That was just to show users how to kludge in new items and powers for use on the "Extra Cards" tab. Items don't really work there, so I removed it. It;s still selectable as a magic weapon, just as all the others are.
5. File not showing up as an Excel file - aside from the last 2 releases, all were in .zip format. The last 2 were too big to post in .zip, which only allows 2.35 MB files, so I've had to change the extension to .txt (which, strangely, can be up to ~22MB in size). Outside of that, I don't know what the problem could be. Maybe your PC doesn't recognize .xlsm files as belonging to Excel? (can be fixed...Right click-->Open With-->Select "Always use this program to open this type of file"-->click on Excel 2007.

And, version 1.42 is now available (see first post). Many thanks to the bug testers who tore into v1.41 and let me know what was wrong.

Gruns

Explorer
Ranged Magic Weapons?

Hello!
Is there a specific place to enter a ranged magical weapon? Specifically a simple Magic Javelin +1. I can enter it into any of the the 4 fields for "Magic Weapon" with no problem. When I try to find it in the popup list in the Ranged Weapon section, it isn't there. (It does show up in the melee weapon sections, though.) I've read through every post in this thread, and my issue wasn't brought up, and this seems like it'd be a common issue, so I suspect it's just me missig something... Anyone know?
Thanks
Gruns

pezjunkie

First Post
On the combat tab, when you pick the Magic Javelin, at the end of the line it says "Thrown?". There is drop down in the next cell... change to YES and it will count as a ranged weapon.

Gruns

Explorer
Nope...

On the combat tab, when you pick the Magic Javelin, at the end of the line it says "Thrown?". There is drop down in the next cell... change to YES and it will count as a ranged weapon.

What is the Combat tab? Do you mean the BASIC ATTACKS section? If so, when I bring down the list of weapons in the Ranged section, the Magic Javelin +1 doesn't appear. In the MAGIC ITEM INDEX section, there is no dropdown menu or section entitled 'Thrown?' there. There is a dropdown menu for the magic item prefix (Such as Dragonslayer, Flaming, Magic, etc). Thenm there is a dropdown for the kind of weapon(Longsword, Dagger, Javelin, etc.) Then there is a dropdown for the enhancement bonus(+1 through +6). There are no more dropdown menus. There is a checkbox at the end to check when the item power is used, but that's it. Are we talking about the same character sheet?
Later!
Gruns

pezjunkie

First Post
BTW, the Combat page didn't exist until version 1.41, so none of this will make any sense if you have an older version. (So I guess it's possible that we're *not* talking about the same character sheet... ;))

Remove ads