[Pathfinder] Kill Bargle ... Again!

Sophone's eyes light up a bit at the mention of tracks and she nods vigorously. "Yes, indeed," she says, "although the farmers aren't familiar with them. They are humanoid and about as big as my people's feet, but with three toes ending in claws. They can't be goblin, that's for sure."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Garvin scratches at his chin and frowns.

"So Bargle has found himself some lackies. . . and is feeding them beef. There must be more than a few of these creatures, given the fair number of cattle missing. Looks like we may have to dig Bargle out from under his minions."

Halford

First Post
Snapper scowls,

"Bah, whatever lackeys he's found to serve him we'll carve our way through them. I'll take that swine if I have to strangle him with me own innards. I can tell you what they are though."

The rogue pauses,

"The answer to the riddle what has six toes and a sword in its kidneys - at least they will be."

Redclaw

First Post
Don't be so reckless, lads, the dour, bearded cleric says. Miners aren't made of brittle metal. Those who dig for Torag's treasures face dire beasts regularly. If they're stearin' clear o' the castle, rest assured there's a good reason. He chews on a loose strand of beard for a moment. Not that we won't be checkin' it out, but don't be countin' yer kills afore we know a bit more.

Halford

First Post
"Maybe ye've a point Thier', but ain't ye ever heard of thinkin' positive?" Jerrayl asks grinning.

Last edited:

As none of you are familiar with the local countryside, Sophone gives you a few instructions as to how to get there, after which she launches into a bit of local history.

"Castle Mistamere," she tells you, "was once the home of an eccentric Chelaxian enchanter named Gygar. He set himself up here three hundred years ago and pretty much ruled over everything for a short while. Guess he wanted to be left alone, as there weren't a whole lot of folk to rule over back in those days. After he died nobody claimed the place, and so it fell into ruin. It's enough out of the way that people don't bother with it. It's had a bad reputation my whole life, so I've stayed away from it. It's also close to a bad part of the Fenwall mountains known as the Shales. I've heard talk of flocks of wyvern and worse nesting there. You won't find this slip of a halfling lass anywhere near there, no sir. They say I am crazy, but I'm not suicidal."

With that she finishes the last of her cider and hops off the chair. "Good luck," she smiles and grabs her cloak to head back into the night.

By this time the rain has begun to let up a bit and you can even see the moon poking through the clouds from time to time. If you want to head out now you might get lost in the dark (OOC: at least three DC 18 Survival checks), otherwise you could wait until the morning and should have no trouble finding Mistamere (OOC: one DC 15 Survival check).

Walking Dad

First Post
"The tracks sound like a bird or reptile to me.

We should wait for 'morrow. Whilie I'm a good tracker, I'm unfamiliar with the surroundings."
The big shoanti says, looking for a reaction from his companions.

On the road again

Your group decides to take the big Shoanti's advice and wait until the morning.

Once everyone has had a decent breakfast at the Crooked Timber, you head towards a small brook Sophone mentioned to you last night. Supposedly if you follow it to its source, you will be within only a mile or two of Mistamere.

You follow a cow path alongside the brook through farm and pasture land for hours. Breaking briefly for lunch at the side of the stream swollen with days of heavy rain, you look around and notice how tranquil things seem here. Clouds hang low in the Fenwall mountains to the west, disguising their true size and giving them an almost soft feel.

Continuing on, you reach the source of the brook by mid-afternoon. From here, or so Sophone claimed, you must head north for an hour and then find a hidden holler that is marked by a boulder shaped like a bear standing on two legs.

After walking in what Garvin and Zakok claim is a northernly direction for an hour the group stops. Your two guides seem to be having a disagreement as to how to go next. Garvin insists that you have gone too far north and should be heading west now, while Zakok believes that you should continue traveling north a bit more.

OOC: I made Survival checks for Garvin and Zakok. One made the check and the other one didn't. Whom do you follow?

Walking Dad

First Post
Zakok is a proud Shoanti and insists that his path is the right one.
ooc: For further checks, I would suggest, that Zakok uses aid another (taking 10 if allowed).

hafrogman

Adventurer
Garvin stares into Zakok's eyes for a few moments, not intimidated by the hulking barbarian. Finally, he throws his hands up in disgust at the pig-headedness of the stubborn Shoanti.

"So be it. We can walk north until the ice lands freeze the life from our bodies, for all I care. We shall take your path, and when you are ready to admit that you are lost, I will be glad to resume our hunt for Bargle."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases