Channel Divinity Feats Proposal

Halford

First Post
Okay, here are my suggestions for matching the L4W Pantheon to the channel divinity feats. I am not happy with Aphrodeys, but I cannot think of anything more appropriate, maybe Armor of Bahamut could cover both her and Proserphones and be dubbed Ward of the Goddess?

Corellion's Grace becomes Deios's Grace.

Sehaine's Reversal becomes Erath's Reversal.

Melora's Tide becomes Tide of Poseeydus.

Raven Queen's blessing becomes Deliver unto Death available to clerics of Hadeys and Hermethis.

Moradin's Resolve becomes Resolve of Eefeystos.

Kord's Favor becomes Favored of Aressus.

Pelor's Radiance becomes Light of the Heavens available to Clerics of Arthamis and Phoebus.

Ioun's Poise becomes Will of the Gods available to Palladys and Aphrodeys.

Armor of Bahamut becomes Proserphones Ward.

Graf

Explorer
I think we'd planned on letting people take whatever they felt like (so long as it was just one) but this works for me too....

Some thoughts: Channel Divinity: Corellon’s Grace works well for Dayna/Arthamis. Movement, hunting in packs and all that.

I'm not sure that I think Joven/Deios would be speedy, or dependent up on others. Will of the Gods sort of works for me for him (since he's usually depicted as being stubborn and the lord of gods bows to no other type thing).
Wasn't Mireva/Palladys born out of his head at some point? (i.e. Sharing that feat would be less weird if she's made of his brain.)

Vena/Aphrodeys could have Melora's Tide...
Its' not in the wiki but Kythira is actually a real island that's was sacred to aphrodite (I think I switched a letter or something).
(I think...)

I was trying to played around with the idea that she's not just about being pretty and attractive but also about fertility and growth (and Kythra thus being choked with vegitation). (I just thought that her "portfolio" could do with a bit of expansion.)
I didn't really write any of it down in the wiki, but I'll add a line.

Halford

First Post
Hmmm, I think all of those changes are sensible. I was not too keen on the Deios power myself.

On the other hand I don't really think allowing Clerics to select any one would be too bad, and it would be much simpler. It would have to be restricted to one though I think.

elecgraystone

First Post
Instead of renaming each feat which can get really confusing, why not just restrict each cleric to only one channel feat. If the player wishes to rename the effect like "I call forth the Light of the Heavens" instead of Pelor's Radiance, that's cool. For book keeping though, keep the same names from the PHB.

garyh

First Post
Instead of renaming each feat which can get really confusing, why not just restrict each cleric to only one channel feat. If the player wishes to rename the effect like "I call forth the Light of the Heavens" instead of Pelor's Radiance, that's cool. For book keeping though, keep the same names from the PHB.

100% agreement here.

Graf

Explorer
Propose a hybrid. Since Halford's done all the work, why don't we make it a suggestion. That way newer players have some guidance but people who want do something else can.

Strongly agree with the 1 feat only thing.

Halford

First Post
Sounds like we have an accord.

How about something like...

You may select any channel divinty feat from the PHB, but you may only have one such feat at any time, you may retrain one channel divinity feat for another should you wish. Generally you should try to select a feat that is in keeping with your god. Feel free to either replace the feats name with one of your choice, but place the original PHB feat name next to it in brackets on your charactr sheet.

Graf

Explorer
Added it to the gods page. I kinda mucked with names a bit.

And pushed the movement feat to mekari/herm since he's more movement oriented (and killing people for healing didn't really seem like him). I guess I saw him as more doctor, and less doctor death... (though that would be a profoundly creepy character...)

renau1g

First Post
Quick Question. I haven't really looked at it, but there's a whole whack of feats in the FR player's Guide. Now I know there's a three month waiting period for the books, but its another source if we're looking to create new feats, to test the power level of them.

Atanatotatos

First Post
I'd like to note that the divinity feats in FR are already widely recognized as generally significantly more powerful than the core ones...
I don't have an opinion yet, just wanted to say the balance is slightly different

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases