Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Oni

First Post
Native to the 4e material plane maybe... I blame Planescape for all this planetouchedphilia. Why, oh why did players have to want to start playing demons?

Because they're all dark and awesome and I mean that without any sarcasm. I would have played infernal blooded if I hadn't decided it was too many ingrediants in one pot backgroundwise. If someone'd let me I'd play a drow too, and he'd probably be not evil. And I've always wanted to play a shade in an FR campaign, but that's never flown. I mean it may not be for you but I'm sure you can see the appeal. :)

Crap I think I'm the demographic they do this stuff for. Sorry. ><

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Because they're all dark and awesome and I mean that without any sarcasm. I would have played infernal blooded if I hadn't decided it was too many ingrediants in one pot backgroundwise. If someone'd let me I'd play a drow too, and he'd probably be not evil. And I've always wanted to play a shade in an FR campaign, but that's never flown. I mean it may not be for you but I'm sure you can see the appeal. :)

Crap I think I'm the demographic they do this stuff for. Sorry. ><

No, I've never seen the appeal in all that Inuyasha stuff. Demons exist to be slain. I even tried to play a tiefling once (in 3.5) to see what all the fuss was about. I have to say the +1 LA was a deal-breaker. I can be just as sneaky and mean as a halfling and have better skill bonuses doing it, thanks.

Walking Dad

First Post
Don't play drow or tieflings to be mean. If I want that, I would play Belkar (OoTS). But I like sometimes the flavor. And in this case:

Guide to Korvosa p 44-45
Tieflings: A surprisingly large number of tieflings live in Korvosa. Nearly every one lives at and works for the Acadamae, where they serve as the college’s own private militia. The arrival of tieflings in the Acadamae followed almost two decades after it embraced the infernal influences coming from Cheliax. While they command respect (and fear) within the dark grounds of the Acadamae, beyond the black walls of the college tieflings are rarely welcome, accepted, or tolerated.
p 53
Campus Life: Tieflings frequently patrol the campus, looking for trouble
(such as informal duels). Most of these tieflings have magical abilities themselves, although theirs usually come naturally and not from years of study. Students typically hate the malicious tiefling guards, and the two groups frequently clash. These clashes are among the leading cause of death for Acadamae students and tiefling guards alike.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Character traits

I cannot find traits in Pathfinder beta. Do I need som other book for those? Is there a list somewhere?

Dr Simon

Explorer
Neurotic: Character traits are in the back of the Crimson Throne Players Guide (the PDF version is free). You might find that useful to focus his religion more in line with the setting. "The Light" sounds a bit Wheel of Time to me. Otherwise looking okay, I've not gone over the character in detail yet, will do so later.

On Tieflings, they became mainstream in 4E because lots of people played them, not vice versa. In fact they date back to 2e Planescape. Don't know why there's not so much love for the poor old Aasimar though. Dinnae worry, I know WD from several games and I get the impression he likes trying different character combos rather than indulging in wangst roleplaying.

(Whenever I see a link to TV Tropes, I'm immediately reminded of Count Rogan in The Princess Bride. "I've just taken one year of your life". Once you're on that site, you'll never get out :))

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Traits

OK, thanks.

As for religion, The Light meant goodness, he is follower of Deneir, demigod in service of Oghma.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Neurotic:

Okay, looked over the character. Seems good, just a few points:

Skills - base skill points 2, +1 for being human, +2 for Intelligence. You can select Duskblade as has favoured class (being human) so you could get one extra skill point *o* or one extra hit point. Choose 5 (or 6) skills.

Feats - Level 1 feat, human base feat. I seem to be missing where the thrid feat comes from.

Spells - By my reckoning spells per day should be 3/3. Also, choose 2 of the 0th level spells as Spells Known (2 0th and 2 1st at 1st class level).

I wasn't sure where the "max power attack" listing came from. Was this a hold-over from having the Power Attack feat? Or some part of the Pathfinder rules I missed? I think the guisarme damage is wrong too - should it not be 2d4+6 (Str bonus +4 x 1.5)?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases