Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Color

I'll leave other the choice as long as at least one of TEAL, ROYAL BLUE or DARKGREEN remains (I'd actually prefer darkgray for sad grave melancholic char, but it somehow seems wrong (more like a comment then as PC speaking)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Sounds like the begin of a wonderful friendship (buddy-movie anyone?).
My tiefling doesn't trust fanatic 'I killed it because it looked evil' extremists. Your paladin has to earn his trust, too.
Paladins are by nature trustworthy. One would be hard-pressed to argue it the other way around. And I'm not actually playing a paladin. It was just an expression, but I am playing a lawful good cleric of a lawful good deity, and creatures spawned of the lower planes, no matter how thin their fiendish blood, are still spawned of the lower planes. Also, it's generally a good idea to garner the trust of the party cleric. The party rogue, not as much.

About the background: If I'm not misinformed, Asmodeus :)devil:) is one of the gods openly worshiped in Korvosa and sometimes hellknights patrol the street. Your character may have to mistrust others more than my character. ;)

Well Korvosa is going to present interesting roleplaying challenges all around, especially for lawful good. The city would be great for neutral characters of any alignment. But from what I understand the church of Asmodeus is distrusted by just about everyone anyway. And the hellknights aren't necessarily evil, it's just intimidating for them to have the word "hell" in their name.

Anyway, the bottom line is I'm not saying our characters can't get along, but it won't be a match made in heaven. And if your tiefling wants healing, he's going to have to earn his wounds through heroic deeds.

Oni

First Post
On the subject of Tieflings, I'm not all that fond of large helpings of angst. I do like the light born of darkness, redemption, and overcoming sins of the father angle though. Also a kind of using fire to fight fire idea. So maybe the appeal isn't the same to everyone anyway. But some people prefer to keep such folk on the pointy end of the blade that's cool too. :) You don't need an exotic race to explore such themes, it just puts it more on the cuff.

On a game related note I've grabbed this colour for Lynn and this colour for her familiar.

Also I like the word orky. :)

Valthosian

First Post
On the subject of Tieflings, I'm not all that fond of large helpings of angst. I do like the light born of darkness, redemption, and overcoming sins of the father angle though. Also a kind of using fire to fight fire idea. So maybe the appeal isn't the same to everyone anyway. But some people prefer to keep such folk on the pointy end of the blade that's cool too. :) You don't need an exotic race to explore such themes, it just puts it more on the cuff.

On a game related note I've grabbed this colour for Lynn and this colour for her familiar.

Also I like the word orky. :)

Green is good cause green is best! I'm a warhammer/40k diehard. I'm usually a fan of the fairer races, but the half orc barb was just a little too good to pass up this time.

I really dig your character art and the familiar interplay, plus my name is Ed(ward) so the back and forth threw me for a second before I saw what was going on ;)

Valthosian

First Post
So I'm just looking at the beta group race/classes, we're definitely the exotic group... (Thorson not so much), I don't know how we'll do without any healing or anything but it should be a darn good fun ride :)

Walking Dad

First Post
Paladins are by nature trustworthy. One would be hard-pressed to argue it the other way around. And I'm not actually playing a paladin. It was just an expression, but I am playing a lawful good cleric of a lawful good deity, and creatures spawned of the lower planes, no matter how thin their fiendish blood, are still spawned of the lower planes. Also, it's generally a good idea to garner the trust of the party cleric. The party rogue, not as much.
Yeah, LG plane-ists (or what is racism against other planes);)
Would it be really good to let someone die because of his ancestry?

And it is good, if everyone can trust everyone ("Rogue is the way save?" - "Yes, looks save.")

No arguing, but I don't see many worshippers of Asmodeus trusting paladins very much.

Anyway, the bottom line is I'm not saying our characters can't get along, but it won't be a match made in heaven. And if your tiefling wants healing, he's going to have to earn his wounds through heroic deeds.

I'm really looking forward for our in-time talks :)

Remove ads