Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Ambrus

Explorer
[sblock=Dr Simon]An interesting game mechanic. I'm curious to know; is the reading and its granted bonuses a fixed part of the adventure module or is one (or both) variable somehow?

I tried to pick up a Harrow deck at a local game con this weekend but they didn't have any on hand.:erm:[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
[SBLOCK=Ambrus]

You get one point for the reading in general, and one point for each time a card from the "Keys" suite comes up (in this particular adventure), which in this case was just the one card - The Uprising.

There are also encounter specific bonuses that may apply depending upon what card your character draws in The Choosing.

It's quite a neat little stylistic element that they've put into the campaign.
[/SBLOCK]

Ambrus

Explorer
[SBLOCK=Dr Simon]
Dr Simon said:
There are also encounter specific bonuses that may apply depending upon what card your character draws in The Choosing.
I hope "the Bear" does something beside grant bonuses to Strength related rolls. Otherwise I'll have to disavow the Harrow as a spurious piece of superstitious nonsense.:p[/SBLOCK]

Ambrus

Explorer
[sblock=Dr Simon]As former Little Lamms, would either Dj'hân or Edmond know anything pertinent about Lamm's dockside fishery headquarters or any of his other holdings within the city? If not, is there anything about Lamm's modus operandi that may be good to know before heading there? What kind of defenses and guards does he favor? If it helps any, Dj'hân also has Knowledge (local) +6[/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
Wow. I think I'm going to need regular shots of insulin if I'm to continue role-playing Dj'hân as so saccharinely sweet...:eek:

Seriously though, thanks for the great role-playing everybody!:D

Valthosian

First Post
Good times! I really love how you play Dj'hân, and I had no intention of showing more depth to Thorson until particular conditions were met later in the adventure, however, the way you played Dj'hân gave me a totally unexpected opening and plop, there it is ;) Your's and Oni's interactions earlier on in the storyline gave a lot of food for thought.

I'm really enjoying the characters and players in this group and I'm stoked that this is what I got to come back to after my hiatus.

Ambrus

Explorer
I really love how you play Dj'hân
Thanks.:cool:
I had no intention of showing more depth to Thorson until particular conditions were met later in the adventure, however, the way you played Dj'hân gave me a totally unexpected opening and plop, there it is ;) Your's and Oni's interactions earlier on in the storyline gave a lot of food for thought.
I feel the same. Oni's willingness to talk to Dj'hân on his level was a great opening for me. I was worried about how I could have Dj'hân relate to your big violent barbarian until he likewise presented an opening. So kudos all around! :D
I'm really enjoying the characters and players in this group and I'm stoked that this is what I got to come back to after my hiatus.
Same here. I haven't played in a PBP in awhile either and really like the party dynamic and story-line that's unfolding in this one so far. I really hope it doesn't end prematurely as online games seem wont to do. *fingers crossed*
airwalkrr said:
I wish the alpha group was moving as quickly as it sounds like beta group is.
Yeah. We're pretty cool. We've already found and slain Lamm and shared high fives all around. Go team Beta! w00t! :lol:

Valthosian

First Post
Haha!

What Thorson's going to do to Lamm violates the gramma rule so I'll just have to enjoy it mentally. And indeed, here's to hoping everything just keeps trucking smoothly.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases